What's new

Poll | Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

• Total voters
Pakistanis are trying to move away from India for 70 years, they even tried Saudi's style But the inner core of them never changed.

Entertainment industry is of billions of dollars in Pakistan and I don't think this ban will help either.

Banning media or entertainment do not make much sense when internet has reached every where

Pakistanis are trying to move away from India for 70 years, they even tried Saudi's style But the inner core of them never changed.

Entertainment industry is of billions of dollars in Pakistan and I don't think this ban will help either.

The same can be said about Indians i mean the first part.

Identical culture what except a bit of language?? I agree Turkish seriels aren't identical to our culture but so aren't Indian and i think its our choice to decide what we want and whats closer to our culture and what isn't.

It certainly is your choice though much of the argument seems to be that the people should not have a choice. Otherwise why ask for a ban? If people aren't interested, they won't watch. The call for a ban seems more of a desire to control what people want & to make them see only what some want them to see.

Did I start the thread asking for a ban on Indian content?

It's always been vocal voices on the forum and pakistani media which have claimed that Indian media is polluting pakistani culture and values... I have maintained if that is true, then absolutely it should be banned.....Now are you saying Indian media doesn't have any negative effects and these voices are just paranoid? If not, why not ban them?

But isn't the elephant in the room, the effect on pakistani culture and subversive role of Indian media as an extension of it's soft power?

Nothing wrong in assessing negative role of foreign content or elements. The fact is that Indian entertainment industry has even polluted its own culture too

My point was depiction of Turkish culture since Pakistanis always complain about cultural invasion. Recently, the Lollywood movie Devdas was banned by Pakistan censorboard for showing drinking, although novel Devdas is too a masterpiece.

actually its not about Indian culture. I am sure Indian women portrayal in Indian dramas and films is far from Indian culture.

its about useless meaningless Star plus dramas.

Turkish dramas are far more refreshing near to reality. its not like that a dead women is covered in tons of gold and make up :laugh:

It certainly is your choice though much of the argument seems to be that the people should not have a choice. Otherwise why ask for a ban? If people aren't interested, they won't watch. The call for a ban seems more of a desire to control what people want & to make them see only what some want them to see.

People are not given a choice when Pakistani media outlets are pouring Indian digital junk on their screens without their concent.

Nothing wrong in assessing negative role of foreign content or elements. The fact is that Indian entertainment industry has even polluted its own culture too

They are assessing at the same time want the government share of revenue for the imports they are doing from India. It is a multi target decision and not aimed at completely banning Indian content.

No it might seem like that but its not necessarily the case in all circumstances i know when i would say that it would be taken as just another Pakistani saying but most people in Pakistan don't identify themselves with Indian culture as Indians usually claim here. Not with the movies and certainly not with the dramas. This has been proved time and again.
On topic, I would first request PEMRA to finally take some action against the private channels who air too much of Indian content particularly Geo and then do anything else.

@Aeronaut

I didn't see that this poll is for pakistanis only..I too voted for total ban..

People are not given a choice when Pakistani media outlets are pouring Indian digital junk on their screens without their concent.

PEMRA is not performing its duty well otherwise we must have the need to ask such question.

India banned Pakistani channels. We need to reciprocate.

@Aeronaut

I didn't see that this poll is for pakistanis only..I too voted for total ban..

:P when was the last time Indians refrained from polluting such polls even when it was restricted only to Bangladeshis

Sir, the purpose is not 'eradication' but 'containment'. Pakistan must preserve its own artists.

Movies and entertainment from both sides can be allowed according to the censor rules of both the countries. comedy artistes from Pakistan are huge hit in India

Back
Top Bottom