What's new

Poll | Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

• Total voters
OP's contention was "there needs to be a Total Ban on the Indian media content on Pakistani screens?

1.And why wouldn't be a total blackout possible, Make Indian content Illegal with jailterm for offense...

2.Black out all Indian Literature work, music, art works, movies, television shows.

3. Why is banning not recommended, when the aprehension is that Indian entertainment media is "subversive soft power" corrupting pakistani society and culture?

I think the question raised is less concerned with legality and more with morality....

I personally would welcome such move... If people of pakistan want this move, the government should oblige...

1. Your frustration is very visible I don't know why when the fact is that Pakistanis have allowed Indian content more than it deserves.

2. This you have done to Pakistani art/literature, music, sports. rest assure we Pakistanis are NOT hardliner Hindu saffronis. So thanks we are not going to ban art and literature.

3. Because we had never banned it even during Zia era :)

4. Morality is a loosely coined words . LHC order has more to do with law breach not morality .

This is an opinion poll ONLY for Pakistanis on PDF.

Do you agree or disagree that there needs to be a Total Ban on the Indian media content on Pakistani screens? - There also needs to be strict financial penalties handed down to any offenses committed by media houses and cable operators.

• Films
  • Dramas
  • Reality shows
  • News
  • Indian media websites
It is a form of subversion experts call the 'soft power', in order to export alien culture into Pakistan.Unfortunately our treacherous media houses namely GEO/JANG group is importing enemy propaganda onto our screens for financial benefits, while India doesn't show Pakistani content on its screens. Such a ban will also help Pakistani media industry to flourish and create Pakistani content that adheres to our cultural values?

WARNING | Don't distort the poll!

Here is Mustafa Qureshi raising the same issue.

Please participate in the poll.

Best Regards.

it is not that much complicate to understand , i have seen couple of talk show in Pakistani tv channel on this topic ,

there is two aspect

1> unless until you will not impose complete ban , Pakistani entertainment industries is not going to grow , but important question ,is Pakistani entertainment industries really going to grow ?after imposing ban , because it got liberal during Musharraf time, before that there was complete ban on Indian material,and very buddy know that down fall of Pakistani film industries is not because of Indian contain , it was purely because of non availability good quality product and quantity as well which required to run show business , one of the major issue is not quality but quantity too
so blaming Indian martial has no meaning

2> best solution is collaboration of entertainment industries ,which can help Pakistani entertainment industries to further establish and to sell their own contain , but is guess for that you required good bilateral relation ,and every thing end here

3> so complete bad is the only solution left

Even Indians are voting though its for Pakistani users only :hitwall:
Hmmm...If there's a total ban then how can India spread its propaganda in Pakistan? Therefore, there should be NO ban on Indian content. After all, it's part of the RAW conspiracy! And they're doing just fine! :p:

Being a researcher in media. I would say no. India provides us with good competition and we should look to penetrate their market. Doors work both ways. There.s a common perception that pakistani soaps are better than their indian counterparts. Pakistan needs to be intelligent about its talent and management. In my opinion channels like 8xm should run.out of business, project our talent, not indian and aim for penetration even if its online. This would pay in the long run.

Hmmmm...If there's a total ban then how can India spread its propaganda in Pakistan? Therefore, there should be NO ban on Indian content. :p:

Indians are not supposed to be voting at least though they can continue with their Pakistan bashing as most usually love doing that some in fact join PDF for that :enjoy:

Thats not our call to make... they decide their cultural direction, I 100% welcome @Aeronauts take on this....

I saw 1-2 episodes of Ishq e Mamoon(Turkish), the culture was identical to Hollywood type, such type of TV soaps are quite popular in Pakistan these, unlike Indian soap which share most of identical culture with Pakistan, there was 0% identical culture between Turks and Pakistanis. :laugh:

I saw 1-2 episodes of Ishq e Mamoon(Turkish), the culture was identical to Hollywood type, such type of TV soaps are quite popular in Pakistan these, unlike Indian soap which share most of identical culture with Pakistan, there was 0% identical culture between Turks and Pakistanis. :laugh:
The show you are talking about is based on a novel that has been considered a modern classic from the east. So the story is brilliant. Secondly, the execution of the show is brilliant as well as was the acting and the.dubbing. that's why it was loved.

Being a researcher in media. I would say no. India provides us with good competition and we should look to penetrate their market. Doors work both ways. There.s a common perception that Pakistani soaps are better than their indian counterparts. Pakistan needs to be intelligent about its talent and management. In my opinion channels like 8xm should run.out of business, project our talent, not Indian and aim for penetration even if its online. This would pay in the long run.

i agree with you , no doubt your contain is also good, i love watching hum tv, i guess they have collaboration with color TV, what i have notice they telecast only color TV program , but it is one way ,never seen any program of HUM TV is telecast in color TV,

so aggressive marketing and good competition can be best solution

The show you are talking about is based on a novel that has been considered a modern classic from the east. So the story is brilliant. Secondly, the execution of the show is brilliant as well as was the acting and the.dubbing. that's why it was loved.

My point was depiction of Turkish culture since Pakistanis always complain about cultural invasion. Recently, the Lollywood movie Devdas was banned by Pakistan censorboard for showing drinking, although novel Devdas is too a masterpiece.

1. Your frustration is very visible I don't know why when the fact is that Pakistanis have allowed Indian content more than it deserves.

2. This you have done to Pakistani art/literature, music, sports. rest assure we Pakistanis are NOT hardliner Hindu saffronis. So thanks we are not going to ban art and literature.

3. Because we had never banned it even during Zia era :)

4. Morality is a loosely coined words . LHC order has more to do with law breach not morality .

Did I start the thread asking for a ban on Indian content?

It's always been vocal voices on the forum and pakistani media which have claimed that Indian media is polluting pakistani culture and values... I have maintained if that is true, then absolutely it should be banned.....Now are you saying Indian media doesn't have any negative effects and these voices are just paranoid? If not, why not ban them?

Being a researcher in media. I would say no. India provides us with good competition and we should look to penetrate their market. Doors work both ways. There.s a common perception that pakistani soaps are better than their indian counterparts. Pakistan needs to be intelligent about its talent and management. In my opinion channels like 8xm should run.out of business, project our talent, not indian and aim for penetration even if its online. This would pay in the long run.
But isn't the elephant in the room, the effect on pakistani culture and subversive role of Indian media as an extension of it's soft power?

Identical culture what except a bit of language?? I agree Turkish seriels aren't identical to our culture but so aren't Indian and i think its our choice to decide what we want and whats closer to our culture and what isn't.

Identical culture what except a bit of language?? I agree Turkish seriels aren't identical to our culture but so aren't Indian and i think its our choice to decide what we want and whats closer to our culture and what isn't.

really it is complicated to understand so called culture ? is the only reason ?
Indonesian culture docent match with Indian, right from clothing to food or religion every thing is so different , here also very frequently Indian contain is been telecast in TV,

not only that epic serial which was based on Mahabharata and Ramayana ,that also telecast which was dub in bhasha Indonesia

really it is complicated to understand so called culture ? is the only reason ?
Indonesian culture docent match with Indian, right from clothing to food or religion every thing is so different , here also very frequently Indian contain is been telecast in TV,

not only that epic serial which was based on Mahabharata and Ramayana ,that also telecast which was dub in bhasha Indonesia

The reasons can be many i was referring to the cultural aspect for the moment but thats the right of Pakistanis to decide what they want or don't want instead of getting branded as so and so when they state facts Indians don't like to hear.

Hmmm...If there's a total ban then how can India spread its propaganda in Pakistan? Therefore, there should be NO ban on Indian content. After all, it's part of the RAW conspiracy! And they're doing just fine! :p:
No, we dont think so. we want ban only on illegal contents to minimize the black money business. our cultural ties within Pakistan are very strong therefore your so called RAW conspiracy theory is useless in this regard, at one time Pakistani dramas were very popular amongst indian viewers(Markets tak close ho jati then Pakistani drama dekhnay k liye):coffee:.

Indian film industry (inspired by hollywood now a day) is doing good by highlighting your social and cultural issues and at the end they also gives the solution which is again very good thing:tup:. But your Drama serials are very poor (yar aik shadi ke ceremony per 1000 episodes bana detay ho:omghaha:).

In short most of the bollywood films are good:cheers:, and almost all the Pakistani drama serials are very good (Very sensible/ to the point and natural acting wow).
wait WAAR yad a gai kafi period k bad aik he Movie nay kia kamal ker dia hai, wow kia movie hai and it served its purpose what we want.:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom