What's new

Poll: About Merging threads

Merging Turkish Defence Industry Export News & General Turkish Defence Industry Updates

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can even close or do the same thing with some other Threads, we don´t need so much sticky´s.

Example 1:

Turkish Indigenous Jet Fighter Program (TX/FX)

img-thing

Turkish Aviation Programs | Page 74

Example 2 :

Anka MALE UAV Program

img-thing

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs | Page 33

Those specified sticky Threads lost their importance due to the timeframe :whistle:

I literally said we should do this several months ago. The content of both threads are pretty much the same anyway.

To many sticky threads with the same content,we should downsize the sticky threads to make it transparent.

Yeah less sticky people can bump them if they have news.

Or what about a sticky with all important threads?

You can even close or do the same thing with some other Threads, we don´t need so much sticky´s.

Those specified sticky Threads lost their importance due to the timeframe :whistle:

I think instead of merging the threads we should separate the threads. For example, Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs is a so large thread and not easy to find relevant information in it. But if we have unique threads like ANKA, KARAYEL, BAYRAKTAR, then they will be more specific and easy to understand. Devir uzmanlaşma, focuslanma devri arkadaşlar, lütfen...

And Cabatli boss, could we make also a poll for LPD Program to send it next to the sticky threads or not. Good works...

I think instead of merging the threads we should separate the threads. For example, Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs is a so large thread and not easy to find relevant information in it. But if we have unique threads like ANKA, KARAYEL, BAYRAKTAR, then they will be more specific and easy to understand. Devir uzmanlaşma, focuslanma devri arkadaşlar, lütfen...

And Cabatli boss, could we make also a poll for LPD Program to send it next to the sticky threads or not. Good works...
Bro, i agree with you..but we are going to end up with tens of sticky threads...

It appears that we need sub-sections....

Democracy at work in top management. I can't comprehend democratic processes as a dictator ruling with iron fist in Iranian section. :D

But seriously, though not my business, but big number of sticky threads in Turkish section is really annoying when scrolling down each time even though I visit much less compared to Turkish members.

I would just like to comment on the possibility of merging threads.

Although there are quite a few "sticky threads", I believe that if the threads were to be merged, it would become much more difficult to follow developments.

To be honest, it is already difficult to wade through threads that are swollen with
  • off-topic chats
  • trolling
  • abuse
  • and name calling
In my opinion,
  1. dealing with the above problems will make "our section" of Pakistan Defence more professional and a pleasure to read through.
  2. I find that having separate threads gives me quicker access to the information that I seek about specific programs.
Also, i just want to take this opportunity to thank our moderators for at least giving us the chance to vote on this matter and to say thank-you to all the serious members of this site for their tireless contributions.

Last edited:
I would just like to comment on the possibility of merging threads.

Although there are quite a few "sticky threads", I believe that if the threads were to be merged, it would become much more difficult to follow developments.

To be honest, it is already difficult to wade through threads that are swollen with
  • off-topic chats
  • trolling
  • abuse
  • and name calling
In my opinion,
  1. dealing with the above problems will make "our section" of Pakistan Defence more professional and a pleasure to read through.
  2. I find that having separate threads gives me quicker access to the information that I seek about specific programs.
Also, i just want to take this opportunity to thank our moderators for at least giving us the chance to vote on this matter and to say thank-you to all the serious members of this site for their tireless contributions.

Exactly.... like when i saw a new post in Turkish Missile & Torpedo program, i don't want to read Hurşid's conspiracy theories about the Turkish Area-51 :cuckoo:
upload_2016-1-14_17-20-52.png

Or showing foreign systems, developments which are not related with our industry.
upload_2016-1-14_17-34-35.png

Posting foreign missile videos out of nowhere,posting months old pics, videos again and again Etc....

Exactly.... like when i saw a new post in Turkish Missile & Torpedo program, i don't want to read Hurşid's conspiracy theories about the Turkish Area-51 :cuckoo:
View attachment 287059

Or showing foreign systems, developments which are not related with our industry.
View attachment 287062

Posting foreign missile videos out of nowhere,posting months old pics, videos again and again Etc....
Bro, pls dont talk behind the banned guy ☺

After considiration,i have changed my mind.
If you merge those threads,it will be very difficult to find something about a subject(to many pages).
So,i vote against merging threads.

I would agree with you if both threads were very active, but they are not. Most of the news relating to Defense is posted in specific threads anyway..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom