What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

4 type of cam

- Airbus
- Star Safire
- Wescam MX 10
- Wescam MX 15
I always think, why there is no local camera for Bayraktar... As Turkey started to order more and more, it will be beneficial to have local production...

I am wondering that they even didn't tested GS205-XRZ Gimbal from Finmeccanica, they have super military systems.
For my opinion it is the golden solution all in one .
DRS Technologies Inc., a Finmeccanica Company, announced today that it successfully performed the first airborne demonstration of its GS205-XRZ laser designating gimbal. At less than six inches in diameter and weighing less than nine pounds, the GS205 is one of the smallest stabilized, light-weight and fully qualified targeting systems on the market.
During its maiden flight at the Avon Park Air Force Range in Florida , the GS205-XRZ variant executed multiple laser designation exercises from a U.S. Special Operations Command platform – demonstrating the ability to bring targeting capability to airborne and ground platforms.

And we have good relations to them cause Atak Helo and Satellite.
Maybe there is strict export restriction.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star Safire Thermal Imaging for you and me @Kamil_baku

280 Euro. Android Smartphone capable.

FLIR ONE

1374119_RB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg

Did anyone notice that the Flir is suddently alot bigger?

Bayraktar_TB2_Tactical_UAV.JPG

That's just a forward looking camera pod for development of TB2. Baykar Makina did develop some ingenous methods of stabilization with their own E/O, but I don't think they carried on their work. There was a video up of them slapping the E/O gimbal and the video feed was very stable, but they removed it :(
I always think, why there is no local camera for Bayraktar... As Turkey started to order more and more, it will be beneficial to have local production...

@cabatli_53 Bro, has serial production for QWIP sensors started yet ?

Haven't paid much attention to Kaplan UGV. Seeing it pulling a Land Rover, powering through muddy water and climbing stairs. It seems like a perfect invention for urban combat, especially so when it's weaponised :)

Yeap, can be used when raiding terorist cells.

http://www.suasnews.com/2016/01/41591/

Turkish delivery drone competition

The goal of the UAV TURKEY competition is to demonstrate the utility of UAVs for civilian applications, particularly in the applications that will help people in any emergency such as fire or accident. In this competition, participating teams will develop a UAV (either fixed or rotary wing) that possibly helps people in any emergency case by quickly and accurately transporting equipment to predetermined places in the competition area.

The competion has two categories: Group 1 Fixed wing electric powered UAVs, Group 2 Rotary wing electric powered UAVs.

UAV weight limit is maximum 4 kg take-off gross weight including payload.

The application for the competition has already started on January 25, 2016. Please find below other critical milestones:

• Application ends: 29 February 2016
    • Submission of conceptual design report: 26 March 2016
    • Announcement of the qualified teams: 15 April 2016
    • Submission of detailed design report and flight video: 22 July 2016
    • Announcement of the qualified teams for the competition: 18 August 2016
    • Competition: 21-25 September 2016
Rewards below will be given seperately for two categories:

• 1st: 20,000 TRY (approximately 6,250 Euro or 6,750 US Dollar)
    • 2nd: 15,000 TRY (approximately 4,700 Euro or 5,100 US Dollar)
    • 3rd: 10,000 TRY (approximately 3,125 Euro or 3,400 US Dollar)
Honorarium reward will be given to 9 teams: 2,500 TRY (approximately 780 Euro or 850 US Dollar).

The international teams who attend to the competition will get 5,000 TRY (approximately 1,550 Euro or 1,700 US Dollar) as a travel and accommodation support.
If you have any questions, please contact to TUBITAK (uavturkey@tubitak.gov.tr).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom