What's new

Policeman martyred, dozens injured in Islamabad clashes; Army called

Lol BBC dont even have a full time bureau chief in Pakistan they rely on affiliates! You should read Samma/Dawn etc!

BBC is covering live, don't know about Sama/Dawn whether they're also live on it with updates like this.

My remark was mischievous and not to be taken seriously;

I think I got the mischievousness of the comment. :p

of course, it is the holding to ransom of the whole city that is unacceptable, and of course, there should have been preventive action taken.

No doubt about it. Blocking main arteries of large cities for the simple purpose to cause discomfort to people so that the govt is pressurized, is not only horrific and but also against Islamic culture which these mullahs so claim to be its representatives. However recently a new trend has risen in pakistan that gather a small number of protestors and block an artery and make it seem like you blocked the the entire city. For Islamabad its faizabad road. For lahore its the junction opp civil courts entering mall road. You block that and lahore is blocked. Such actions are unforgivable and deserve harsh treatment.

However, I dimly remember that a political party had openly urged breaking the peace to enter protected administrative areas and besiege ministers of the present government.

Yes. I would agree. In the guise of the world revolution political parties and unions have started breaking the law. You see since zardari era, PMLN has inherited a very successful way to treat protests which is " leave them alone, ignore, they will go away". It has worked but the result was that the protesting party to get more attention ( as it sees its protest and goals falling apart), utilizes unlawful method in the guise of the slogan of revolution and then blames the govt for not listening. Convenient excuses on both ends.

Infact many protesting parties seek minimal bloodshed to further their cause bcz ( I am not sure how its in india), Pakistanis are an extremely emotional bunch. So emotional that we made terrorists in a mosque heroes and the situation Karbala ka maidan and to this day the govt cant touch that mosque fearing backlash. Today the moulvis will get what they want which is blood. In the end the people will reveal how far we have come from 2007.

That displays a willingness to break the law in pursuit of partisan political purpose. And that is more frightening than what is happening at the moment.

Yep. As I said it is considered justified. Joe believe me, writ of law has gotten stronger recently. Very much so however the concept of people to break the law ad destroy private and public property is very much still here. Your signature is correct that the masses remain fanatics.

Look at this. A forceful removal of dharna and we have moulvis coming out in Karachi, lahore e.t.c and now lawyers are out as well which makes no sense.

So yes the writ of law has become stronger but the willingness of the people to break the law for political gains is still there. I daresay these may be effects of the 2013 dharna

BBC is covering live, don't know about Sama/Dawn whether they're also live on it with updates like this.
LOL ARE YOU KIDDING ME! You cannot compare BBC covering in Pakistan to dawn and Samma! Anyway you appear confused, lets get back to topic!

LIVE NEWS

http://live.arynews.tv

This just in SHO Kasim Niazi shot in the Leg and is presently in PIMS Islamabad.

LOL ARE YOU KIDDING ME! You cannot compare BBC covering in Pakistan to dawn and Samma! Anyway you appear confused, lets get back to topic!

LIVE NEWS

http://live.arynews.tv

This just in SHO Kasim Niazi shot in the Leg and is presently in PIMS Islamabad.

Not talking about LIVE TV news or update.

1.JPG

This is fishy and getting worse now . . . .

They had 3 weeks to plan, you don't think they would have planned a counter action if Police was used?

May Allah protect all as it seems like a 3rd party (neither Govt nor LYR) can get something of it.

situation getting worse. thanks to incompetent govt.

Dunya news reporting that pemra have order to off air all media... Total black out.

Pakistan needs to build massive prisons somewhere up in the mountains with subzero temperatures outside. It needs to build prisons for at least a 10 million capacity.

All the jahil terrorists and their sympathizers and jahil mullahs need to be locked up for life.
No thx.
Northern area's doesn't need these filth ,We have our share of problems there and people are at-least peaceful.
The minute you build magnanimous prison on a nice mountain side in GB or C all our tourism industry will suffer.
loL

on Jahil terrorists and Mullah's ,They have been engineered by those who now find themselves fighting them.
Even today they here for a reason.
islamisation-zia.jpg

This whole scene is the result of politics of the army from last 3 decades and PTI ,Now every retard can come in ISB and block roads.
I listened to the speech of chief legislator hours after ,At first the law was changed.
The poor bastard gave a 2 hour media speech and made sure everything was clear.
Let me state this again, There is absolutely no reason and makes no sense for these radicals to protest unless there are other reasons ,Like political ofcourse.

The situation seems to be getting worse, first Islamabad, now people are out on the streets in Karachi and Lahore. Activists in favor of the protests on social media are using sectarian slogans and one such media outlet is calling for "jihad against pak".

I say contain them and confine them to a small area and then block any supplies etc from entering until they go home, they're blocking streets and burning cars, they have the right to protest but not to hurt our country's economy and stability.

However, I will admit that the government should have apologized for the incident that caused these protests to occur, but if our politicians had any self-respect, we wouldnt even be in this situation.
Not possible to control when people from every galli mohaallah will come out.For example today faizabad was circled by police and FC but people thousands of people near my home came out and strike the Police and FC from behind .Now instead of containing the faizabad protestors they are busy fighting the city.We are fucked up as a nation.

Back
Top Bottom