What's new

Police seek ban on PUBG in Pakistan after suicide incidents

Web Desk On Jun 23, 2020 Last updated Jun 23, 2020
PUBG-ban.jpg

LAHORE: The Punjab police on Tuesday decided to place a ban on popular online game PlayersUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) following the incidents of the suicide of teenagers while playing the game in Lahore, ARY News reported.

According to details, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Police (Operations Wing) Lahore, Ashfaq Khan has decided to write a letter to Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) seeking a ban on hugely popular but brutal game PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.

He said that the suicide of two teenagers in the past four days in Lahore is a tragic incident and the online game must be banned now.

Last month, the LHC had directed the concerned authorities to ban the popular online game following its negative impacts on the children.

The directives had been issued by a division bench of the Lahore High Court (LHC) headed by Justice Atir Mahmood on May 18 following a petition which stated the PUBG gameplay is severely affecting education and psychological progress of the children.

Read More: PUBG banned in another country over ‘negative effects’

The Lahore High Court (LHC) had directed the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) on May 18 to decide over banning popular online game – Player Unknown Battlegrounds (PUBG) – in Pakistan within six weeks.

Almost the same complaints and concerned have been raised against PUBG being a popular online game among youth in various countries around the world where teenagers and minors have even lost their lives due to the addictive game.

Read: PUBG banned in another country over ‘negative effects’

According to reports, four countries have banned PUBG Mobile include India, China, Nepal and Iraq, however, the ban was later lifted in India and Nepal.
https://arynews.tv/en/police-ban-pubg-game-pakistan/
Glad to see that our police are taking interest in activities that effect the well being of our youth. I 100% agree with them on online gaming...I've had to rule my own household with an iron fist by coming down hard on this online gaming phenomenon that I clearly saw adversely affecting my children's critical and cognitive thinking abilities.

I probably wouldn't let my kids play such games, especially the ones which lets You communicate with strangers... I've got a decent library of old school games dating back to the SNES days for them to go through in the garage.. they have to learn to love them instead...

I think as technology has evolved in recent years i.e. smart phones and the mainstreaming of the internet, most people have become less detached to the real world and spend more time in the 'virtual world' it proberly start out with innocent intensions i.e. pass time, have fun etc, but social networking and online gaming can cause an addiction and also be very toxic due to the presence of sh1ty people, eitherway children lack the maturity of thinking rationally, thus may be inclined to do things they otherwise wouldn't do such as the unfortunate conclusions highlighted in the title of this thread. Parents needs to become more engaged or at least aware of what their children are upto, they shouldn't be left to their own devices.

Last edited:
I probably wouldn't let my kids play such games, especially the ones which lets You communicate with strangers... I've got a decent library of old school games dating back to the SNES days for them to go through in the garage.. they have to learn to love them instead...

latest

I remember being addicted to this game. Lol.

Basically a more robust rating system is needed and parents need to be educated about it.

Having rampant piracy in Pakistan does not help.

We should bring in more family friendly brands like Nintendo to Pakistan, officially.

A Chinese type of media censorship group is needed to control violent and sexual content of movies, dramas, and games. Indian content in all forms should be banned and strict punishments enforced.

We need to restrict piracy too and crack down on these stores which sell pirated products.

It will greatly help our economy to be able to tax and control such media.
Ratings would be a start but I dont know how it will be enforced when little is known of even the concept

Piracy here is due to price but also accessibility I mean its a week long process to enable online payment on your account if only devs would join forces with mobile companies for a method similar to playstore payments maybe we would actually go somewhere and most piracy is conducted online

Lol Nintendo aint family friendly no more I would say they allow more raunchy content than xbox and ps

ro to rahe hain
Tum Quebec ki tension lo aur rotey raho

Piracy here is due to price but also accessibility I mean its a week long process to enable online payment on your account if only devs would join forces with mobile companies for a method similar to playstore payments maybe we would actually go somewhere and most piracy is conducted online

Recently Epic Game Store, a competitor to Steam, started adjusting prices based on country. It is a good model to introduce these companies to Pakistan.

Lol Nintendo aint family friendly no more I would say they allow more raunchy content than xbox and ps

It is still better, but yes there is alot more smut on their online store than before. Steam however is the absolute worse in that regards.

I remember being addicted to this game. Lol.

I still got my original copy, it truly was a master piece of it's time.. being the most saught fighting game in the household. I feel that it was unfortunate that Nintendo decided to sell their shares of Rare limited off to Microsoft, the reboot version is a joke. Anyway it's nice knowing a fellow compatriot shares the same nostalgia

Web Desk On Jun 23, 2020 Last updated Jun 23, 2020
PUBG-ban.jpg

LAHORE: The Punjab police on Tuesday decided to place a ban on popular online game PlayersUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) following the incidents of the suicide of teenagers while playing the game in Lahore, ARY News reported.

According to details, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Police (Operations Wing) Lahore, Ashfaq Khan has decided to write a letter to Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) seeking a ban on hugely popular but brutal game PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.

He said that the suicide of two teenagers in the past four days in Lahore is a tragic incident and the online game must be banned now.

Last month, the LHC had directed the concerned authorities to ban the popular online game following its negative impacts on the children.

The directives had been issued by a division bench of the Lahore High Court (LHC) headed by Justice Atir Mahmood on May 18 following a petition which stated the PUBG gameplay is severely affecting education and psychological progress of the children.

Read More: PUBG banned in another country over ‘negative effects’

The Lahore High Court (LHC) had directed the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) on May 18 to decide over banning popular online game – Player Unknown Battlegrounds (PUBG) – in Pakistan within six weeks.

Almost the same complaints and concerned have been raised against PUBG being a popular online game among youth in various countries around the world where teenagers and minors have even lost their lives due to the addictive game.

Read: PUBG banned in another country over ‘negative effects’

According to reports, four countries have banned PUBG Mobile include India, China, Nepal and Iraq, however, the ban was later lifted in India and Nepal.
https://arynews.tv/en/police-ban-pubg-game-pakistan/
I have played pubg since 2018. There is nothing which forces you to commit suicide.

There might be three possibilities-

1. Parents are not letting kids play for hours which made some stupid kids angry which made them commit suicide.

2. Stubborn children demanded expensive mobile to play PUBG and parents declined after which they committed suicide.

3. Children bought clothes and loot by spending real money and committed suicide after realising what they had done.

Back
Top Bottom