What's new

Police arrested 4 Muslim men for Blasphemy in Pakistan

And involvement of police is ridiculous going by the story . The four men might have verbally abused the cleric but blaspheming against one's own faith right at the place of worship seems too phoney .

accusation of blasphemy is the easiest revenge, specially if blame is coming from the holly lips of a Mullah, a village molvi a just as knowledgeable about Islam as a mochi is in Karachi barring very few exceptions.

accusation of blasphemy is the easiest revenge

Imo which could also be wrong, the mullah was coerced into giving up his bread and butter either way so he ultimately pushed the "nuke" button and the real culprits seems to be those inqilabis for inciting communal violence

Lets see if i could convince my christian friend into approaching his local padre with a demand of announcing a funeral possession of any muslim but iam afraid his act gonna also attract the following charges too.

OF OFFENCES RELATING TO RELIGION
295.Injuring or defiling place of worship, with Intent to insult the religion of any class:
Whoever destroys, damages or defiles any place of worship, or any object held sacred by any class of persons with the intention of thereby insulting the religion of any class of persons or with the knowledge that any class of persons is likely to consider such destruction damage or defilement as an insult to their religion. shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both.

298.Uttering words, etc., with deliberate intent to wound religious feelings:
Whoever, with the deliberate intention of wounding the religious feelings of any person, utters any word or makes any sound in the hearing of that person or makes any gesture in the sight of that person or places any object in the sight of that person, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to one year or with fine, or with both.

2 bit Imam's of mosques are now mini-kings in Pakistan. Great more erosion of the State's writ. It is like the State does not want a writ, they just are happy to delegate it to any idiot on the street.

There are churches in USA who allow Muslims to pray inside in them of not having there own local masjid. So I’m just wondering if they did a quick announcement on loud speaker for this village guy wouldn’t have met that much or harm to anyone

لٹکا دوووووووووووووووووووووووووووو

1638048305556.png

Maybe the Blasphemy was claimed due to some statements being made about the buzurg/babays of the Sect the mosque is controlled by! So which Sect is it? Anyone?

Rigidity like this is alien to both religion and our culture

Islam is both rigid and flexible....depending on a case by case basis...

In this case, like I mentioned....there's no reason to announce the death of a Christian in a overwhelming Muslim majority nation.

Phones and apps like WhatsApp exist for a reason....they can send mass text through it to the relevant people to inform them of the death.

Either way, the behavior of the 4 men lead to this. They were refused and showed their true nature.

What they did is enough to put them in jail in any country. If not jail then a heavy fine.
Maybe the Blasphemy was claimed due to some statements being made about the buzurg/babays of the Sect the mosque is controlled by! So which Sect is it? Anyone?

Exactly. These 4 men built a case against themselves by acting on emotions...

But some PDF'ers are always gonna take the side of anyone who abuses religious Pakistanis and Islam.

لٹکا دوووووووووووووووووووووووووووو

View attachment 797189

Be sure to take a shot of the cheapest alcohol you can find whenever you feel the urge to troll post on PDF. :lol:

There are churches in USA who allow Muslims to pray inside in them of not having there own local masjid. So I’m just wondering if they did a quick announcement on loud speaker for this village guy wouldn’t have met that much or harm to anyone

That's because those Churches are paid for that space.......it's not a donation. :lol:

I know cuz my local mosque started off like that.....and now the Church is gone and it's been converted to a Mosque....we call it a Islamic Center officially but everyone local calls it a Masjid.

And that's also because not many people go to Churches these days...at least in the US. So Churches allow Muslims to come in and setup shop so that they can still generate revenue ($$$).

Overtime, when the local Muslim community gives enough donations, the Church is bought. :smokin:

Islam is both rigid and flexible....depending on a case by case basis...

In this case, like I mentioned....there's no reason to announce the death of a Christian in a overwhelming Muslim majority nation.

Phones and apps like WhatsApp exist for a reason....they can send mass text through it to the relevant people to inform them of the death.

Either way, the behavior of the 4 men lead to this. They were refused and showed their true nature.

What they did is enough to put them in jail in any country. If not jail then a heavy fine.

Tax is collected regardless of which religion one follows which end up being used by Muslims.

Anyone in mourning will lose their marbles if a sane wish is rejected without a convincing argument.

i still believe it should have been done for greater cause of unity and environment.

Tax is collected regardless of which religion one follows which end up being used by Muslims.

Anyone in mourning will lose their marbles if a sane wish is rejected without a convincing argument.

i still believe it should have been done for greater cause of unity and environment.

There is no tax or monetary investment for a speaker announcement.....if I'm not wrong.

Either way, making $$$ or tax out of makrooh stuff isn't halal. 🤔

There is no tax or monetary investment for a speaker announcement.....if I'm not wrong.

Either way, making $$$ or tax out of makrooh stuff isn't halal. 🤔
That is a separate discussion. But as long as they are contributing, they should be compensated at all levels.

That is a separate discussion. But as long as they are contributing, they should be compensated at all levels.

Again...who's "contributing" what??

You're making no sense right now lol so please do explain...

We're the only 2 guys active on this thread which is currently on its 3rd page.....and we're within the bounds of the topic at hand.

So please do go on and explain what you mean by "they're contributing" and "they should be compensated at all levels".

Who're "they"?

Pakistani police arrest four for ‘blasphemy’ over mosque argument
Four Muslim men accused of blasphemy after arguing with religious cleric who refused to make funeral announcement for a Christian.

AP21109250381015.jpg

Blasphemy is a sensitive subject in Pakistan, where strict blasphemy laws prescribe a mandatory death penalty for certain forms of the crime [File: Fareed Khan/AP]

Pakistani police have arrested four men charged with blasphemy after they argued with an ‘imam’ (religious cleric) over whether a funeral announcement for a Christian neighbour could be made from a mosque, officials say.

The case occurred in the village of Khodi Khushal Singh, near the eastern city of Lahore, on November 18, a local police official Faryad, who goes by one name, told Al Jazeera on Thursday.

“The men have been detained and we have presented them before the court,” he said.

The men, who were Muslim, argued with a local cleric after he refused to make a funeral announcement for a Christian man from his mosque, the initial police report says.

“As soon as they arrived [at the mosque], they started cursing the mosque’s imam, they disrespected the mosque and they insulted Islam,” reads the report.

Blasphemy is a sensitive subject in Pakistan, where strict blasphemy laws prescribe a mandatory death penalty for certain forms of the crime.

The four men were charged under sections 295 and 298 of Pakistan’s penal code, which carry penalties of up to two years in prison.

Pakistan has never executed a convict under the blasphemy laws, but accusations of the offence have increasingly led to murder by mobs or individuals. Since 1990, at least 79 people have been killed in such violence, according to an Al Jazeera tally.

Pakistani human rights activists have decried the case against the four men as being unfounded.

“If there was a Muslim who in good faith wants to have an announcement such as this made in the community, it’s not an attack on someone’s faith, it’s a good cause,” said human rights activist and lawyer Nadeem Anthony.

“So if someone announces [a funeral] on a loudspeaker, how is it a religious violation?”

FATF made us fix the financial governance and surveillance bottlenecks (at a great economic cost, though), maybe the threat of GSP plus being taken away would create the will in the state to put its own house in order. We are a strange nation that wakes from slumber only when the outsiders put pressure on us to do something which was inherently beneficial to us.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom