What's new

Poland to ban religious (Halal) slaughter of animals

I feel guilty everytime I eat halal meat. :(

What for? Petition for non-Halal options if it bothers you that much. Nobody should be forced to partake in any religious custom against their will.

Agreed... The way you came earlier was incorrect.. Denouncement of religious belief on scientific grounds is pointless too.

I'd argue that it's ludicrous than it being pointless. It's the equivalent of discussing the physics behind The Green Lantern's ring. Although it is humorous how people who cling to religion chop up and embrace science in fragments(how people are claiming the Halal technique is scientifically sound) in an attempt to prove it right and then reject broad scientific consensus like evolution which go against their religious dogma.

What for? Petition for non-Halal options if it bothers you that much. Nobody should be forced to partake in any religious custom against their will.
I am in UK and its not always possible to eat non halal. I am against banning halal though.

I feel guilty everytime I eat halal meat. :(

You dont have to eat Halal meat...and you are not fed halal meat by lying to you...
Non hala meat is available in abundance here,although a bit expensive than Halal meat..
Plus all the shops,restaurants,Take aways who sell halal meat,display on their shop windows in big letters.
There is a large number of Reataurants and meat outlets selling Halal food,but saying that the more you go for animal rights,the more expensive the meat/Dairy/Poultry product gets,as animal rights cost money,which people have to pay for whether they agree to it or not..
For example free range eggs are more expensive than Normal eggs....Both taste exactly the same.
Non-Muslim British Public in general just want good affordable meat and rare not interested in Halal,non halal issue...In fact many people prefer Halal meat as its less red and smells less.
So your complaint is out of place and you should try to arrange non halal meat for yourself,same as we always arrange Halal meat for ourselves and never eat non-halal meat..Likewise if you feel guilty,never again eat Halal meat.

Why does the title specify "Halal" when they are banning Kosher slaughter of animals as well.

I am in UK and it ALWAYS possible for me to get Halal meat because i go to shoips selling Halal,likewise you should ALWAYS arrange non-halal meat fort yourself...
I dont want to impose my Halal on you..You or anybody else shouldnt impose Non-halal on me,fair game.

Why does the title specify "Halal" when they are banning Kosher slaughter of animals as well.

Because its all being do=ne out of hate against Muslims not jews,or may be both.

You dont have to eat Halal meat...and you are not fed halal meat by lying to you...
Non hala meat is available in abundance here,although a bit expensive than Halal meat..
Plus all the shops,restaurants,Take aways who sell halal meat,display on their shop windows in big letters.
There is a large number of Reataurants and meat outlets selling Halal food,but saying that the more you go for animal rights,the more expensive the meat/Dairy/Poultry product gets,as animal rights cost money,which people have to pay for whether they agree to it or not..
For example free range eggs are more expensive than Normal eggs....Both taste exactly the same.
Non-Muslim British Public in general just want good affordable meat and rare not interested in Halal,non halal issue...In fact many people prefer Halal meat as its less red and smells less.
So your complaint is out of place and you should try to arrange non halal meat for yourself,same as we always arrange Halal meat for ourselves and never eat non-halal meat..Likewise if you feel guilty,never again eat Halal meat.

I did not complain, I just said sometime I eat and feel guilty. Obviously my guilt is not enough to stop me from eating it altogether (In some situations)

Because its all being do=ne out of hate against Muslims not jews,or may be both.
Not every opposition to islamic practice come from hatred towards muslims. Sometimes you should hear others view, it might be genuine.

Why is there even a 9 page thread, this isn't an issue, hardly any Muslims live in Poland but Jews yes, nobody really cares. None of the members here live in Poland nobody is affected by this ban. So why don't people just shut up and get on with your lives.

You people do this kind of behavior every time some country bans something remotely related to you. On top of that you have instigators from other countries hyping this issue just as their nations' media would do.

Mods close this thread.

Why is there even a 9 page thread, this isn't an issue, hardly any Muslims live in Poland but Jews yes, nobody really cares. None of the members here live in Poland nobody is affected by this ban. So why don't people just shut up and get on with your lives.

You people do this kind of behavior every time some country bans something remotely related to you. On top of that you have instigators from other countries hyping this issue just as their nations' media would do.

Mods close this thread.

Although it does not directly affect us, it is an important issue in many european countries. Many of our members are living in europe.

Although it does not directly affect us, it is an important issue in many european countries. Many of our members are living in europe.

Most members are not affected by this in their part of Europe, and if those members are affected they need to contact their Government not make threads or posts about it here which will do nothing. Get the point?

Nobody cares about this issue really so best to close the thread.

I rather stick to a tried and tested system,my religion,instead of thinking of new ways of life....

Not eveything in religion can be proved by Science as science in non-constant and religion is a constant..
But some parts of religion do comply with Present day science...

I respect your right to follow your beliefs as you wish, as long as you respect other's rights to believe as they wish as well.

All science and and all religions change with time - including Islam. The rates of evolution of knowledge and thought are different for different cultures and societies, but they all change with time.

And finally, as I have said many times, it is simply pointless to claim scientific bases for religious beliefs.

(Please do not get angry. I am a Muslim too.)

On top of that you have instigators from other countries hyping this issue just as their nations' media would do.

I agree. It's unnecessarily being hyped by outsiders mostly. I have seen outrageous statements that range from reminding everyone that Poland is the country where 3 million Jews were exterminated to conspiracy theories about how the Poles want to bully the Muslim population, which is by the way almost non-existent in the country.

While the court was convened after petitioning by animal right groups regarding the methods of religious slaughtering. A court ruling that does not seem to have a legal standing for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom