What's new

Poland to ban religious (Halal) slaughter of animals

I cant see the problem with Halal meat and not having similar issue with traditional Kosher meat( shechita)
but then again.. Muslims < Jews to the rest of the world.. and Poland cant be expected to see this.

Off topic: wouldn't you rather that children were not indoctrinated in religion and were given a right to choose when they came of age?

It is an interesting argument.. and is off topic.
But a counter would be.. that why are children taught to use forks and knives/ or use the bathroom/ or wear clothes ..etc
All those are technically indoctrinated.. are they not?
The reason they are indoctrinated is because we would wish our children to follow the same standards, same values(which our religion teaches us) that we have in life...Once they grow old, learn about the world.. be able to make choices after they are adults.. they are free.
If they find that they found the some values of the religion useful, but not the faith..they may leave it.(which is why I take exception to the difference between born Muslims and converted ones.. the latter gaining more of my respect)
Otherwise man would get nowhere,neither education nor society would get nowhere .. if everybody was left to start out like cavemen.

Off topic: wouldn't you rather that children were not indoctrinated in religion and were given a right to choose when they came of age?

I recently posted an article from The Economist where the assumption that children have the religion of their parents was described as challengeable.

That thread was closed.

I got the hint.

plz tell me what should i explain. i already explained all through my prvs posts.

Well, I was referring to stuff in blood not needed by the body..

Never thought much about blood digestion, will read related stuff..

Thanks BTW.

Before my fellow Musalman Pakistanis get all gung-ho on the Polish and start abusing them..
remember that it was MANY of these very Poles that built up the foundations of our Military and Scientific societies including our beloved Airforce.

Well, I was referring to stuff in blood not needed by the body..

Never thought much about blood digestion, will read related stuff..

Thanks BTW.
once my seminar topic was melena. thats why i am somewhat know a bit about these stuffs.
U R Welcome btw.

By the same logic, blood can be digested as well, so what is your point?

Religious constrains are there for a reason...
Otherwise it will be a runaway train of human desires and fetish..
Such as this.
The effects of drinking BLOOD? - Yahoo! Answers

Before my fellow Musalman Pakistanis get all gung-ho on the Polish and start abusing them..
remember that it was MANY of these very Poles that built up the foundations of our Military and Scientific societies including our beloved Airforce.

and that Polish Girls are hot,and most poles are church goers...which is now rare in Europe..

Historically, parents have raised their kids according to their beliefs and life experiences. I, highly doubt what "seemingly" is an independent approach towards grooming kids may turn out to be next to impossible. Unless they are taken away from their parents and raised in an incubator.

It is an interesting argument.. and is off topic.
But a counter would be.. that why are children taught to use forks and knives/ or use the bathroom/ or wear clothes ..etc
All those are technically indoctrinated.. are they not?
The reason they are indoctrinated is because we would wish our children to follow the same standards, same values(which our religion teaches us) that we have in life...Once they grow old, learn about the world.. be able to make choices after they are adults.. they are free.
If they find that they found the some values of the religion useful, but not the faith..they may leave it.(which is why I take exception to the difference between born Muslims and converted ones.. the latter gaining more of my respect)
Otherwise man would get nowhere,neither education nor society would get nowhere .. if everybody was left to start out like cavemen.

This is off-topic, as I acknowledged and as you pointed out, so in propriety should stop. Not in the spirit of having the last word - I am willing to continue elsewhere - teaching my child how to use a knife and fork, or the numbers tables, or toilet habits are socially normative, and not ethically or morally normative. These practices are not divisive, not unless the person concerned is an absolute idiot, and can be clearly seen to be practices that enable society to get along.

Religion is rather different, don't you agree? Far from being inclusive, it is divisive; merely the fact that two sets of people are religious is insufficient to promote bonds of understanding between them, unless it happens to be the same religion.

Our daughter went to the local Krishna temple, to both Anglican and Roman Catholic Churches and learnt about Islam from a friend whom we bullied into cooperating. At the end of the day, it was her choice, and we are both of us very happy and comfortable that she chose on her own, not due to habit or due to compulsion or due to an uneasy feeling that she would be letting the side down by doing anything else.

Historically, parents have raised their kids according to their beliefs and life experiences. I, highly doubt what "seemingly" is an independent approach towards grooming kids is next to impossible. Unless they are taken away from their parents and raised in an incubator.

As, indeed, was done to the children of an Indian couple in Norway recently. For reasons that might in the extreme intersect with this side-discussion.

This is off-topic, as I acknowledged and as you pointed out, so in propriety should stop. Not in the spirit of having the last word - I am willing to continue elsewhere - teaching my child how to use a knife and fork, or the numbers tables, or toilet habits are socially normative, and not ethically or morally normative. These practices are not divisive, not unless the person concerned is an absolute idiot, and can be clearly seen to be practices that enable society to get along.

Religion is rather different, don't you agree? Far from being inclusive, it is divisive; merely the fact that two sets of people are religious is insufficient to promote bonds of understanding between them, unless it happens to be the same religion.

Our daughter went to the local Krishna temple, to both Anglican and Roman Catholic Churches and learnt about Islam from a friend whom we bullied into cooperating. At the end of the day, it was her choice, and we are both of us very happy and comfortable that she chose on her own, not due to habit or due to compulsion or due to an uneasy feeling that she would be letting the side down by doing anything else.

As, indeed, was done to the children of an Indian couple in Norway recently. For reasons that might in the extreme intersect with this side-discussion.

man, according to me naturalism with a tinge of theism is best way to live . u respect every creature around you and can also believe in Almighty if u want.

I cant see the problem with Halal meat and not having similar issue with traditional Kosher meat( shechita)
but then again.. Muslims < Jews to the rest of the world.. and Poland cant be expected to see this.

I guess no halal means no kosher too.

Do Jews indulge in sacrificial killing as well ?:undecided:

Religious constrains are there for a reason...
Otherwise it will be a runaway train of human desires and fetish..
Such as this.
The effects of drinking BLOOD? - Yahoo! Answers...........

Agreed, but please do consider that religious constraints, reasonable or not, apply only to the followers of that religion. As long as others have the right to choose whatever religious belief they wish to follow, then I have no problems at all.

Trying to justify religious beliefs on scientific grounds is simply pointless.

Agreed... The way you came earlier was incorrect.. Denouncement of religious belief on scientific grounds is pointless too.

Agreed, but please do consider that religious constraints, reasonable or not, apply only to the followers of that religion. As long as others have the right to choose whatever religious belief they wish to follow, then I have no problems at all.

Trying to justify religious beliefs on scientific grounds is simply pointless.
But some things are thought to be wrong unanimously by all or most religions/non-religions...
Denying religion in general has caused the down hill spiral of values which have deteriorated over the years in the name of modernization.
Previously women were oppressed,now men are oppressed.In case of Divorce she walks away with half of His belongings..She can torment him and stalk him and abuse him..But if he does the same,he goes to jail.
I rather stick to a tried and tested system,my religion,instead of thinking of new ways of life....

Not eveything in religion can be proved by Science as science in non-constant and religion is a constant..
But some parts of religion do comply with Present day science...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom