What's new

Poland to ban religious (Halal) slaughter of animals

Agree. This whole debate on halal/kosher is about perception rather than scientific fact. However, stunning the animal seems like an acceptable compromise.

The religious people should be happy since the animal gets to hear the prayers while conscious, i.e. before stunning. Also, the animal would be alive, albeit stunned, when the jugular is cut so the blood should drain properly.

The animal rights people should be happy once they understand that blood circulation is an autonomous function, so all the blood spurting out from the cut jugular does not mean that the stunned brain is feeling any pain.

And those of us who don't want to take life?

Agree. This whole debate on halal/kosher is about perception rather than scientific fact. However, stunning the animal seems like an acceptable compromise.

The religious people should be happy since the animal gets to hear the prayers while conscious, i.e. before stunning. Also, the animal would be alive, albeit stunned, when the jugular is cut so the blood should drain properly.

The animal rights people should be happy once they understand that blood circulation is an autonomous function, so all the blood spurting out from the cut jugular does not mean that the stunned brain is feeling any pain.

How can a ' stunned' brain not feel the pain when the jugular is severed ?

And those of us who don't want to take life?

Depends how broadly you define life. Is it OK to kill and eat insects? How about plants?

Some people claim that plants feel emotions. Is it moral to grow a plant for the sole purpose of killing it and feeding oneself?

I know it sounds like an artificially extreme position, but where do you draw the line?

P.S. I suppose one could argue that being vegetarian is more akin to eating eggs (seeds) than the organism itself, but it still presents a dilemma if taken to an extreme view.

How can a ' stunned' brain not feel the pain when the jugular is severed ?

The whole point of stunning is to make sure the animal feels no pain when it is later killed.

why would any country ban halal killing which is said to be one of the less painful method of killing ?
I see no reason for this ban.

The idea of feeling "less" pain is stupid. You are going to going kill the animal and eat it after all, how does it matter if its painful or not:woot:

The fact that is a religiously prescribed is good enough reason for Poland or any other country to not ban it. There is no need for any justification, whether it is "less" painful, healthier, moral of anything else.

vegetables are also living things, You have kill them before you eat them, sorry science don't have any values for minor lives like ...

The Pakistanis here defend Halal meat and they have strong reasons for the support BUT its amusing Indians are bent upon opposing halal for no appearent reason but only their hate for Islam.

:) funny you guys always get touchy in even in affairs of others.

I personally prefer the taste of halal mutton over jhatka mutton.

There is a difference in the taste as well as texture.

It has nothing to do with religion for me.

The Pakistanis here defend Halal meat and they have strong reasons for the support BUT its amusing Indians are bent upon opposing halal for no appearent reason but only their hate for Islam.

I oppose it because I am opposed to taking life, even for food.

I personally prefer the taste of halal mutton over jhatka mutton.

There is a difference in the taste as well as texture.

It has nothing to do with religion for me.

That is the main idea. In Islam all orders for food or things related to food are due to their health driven reasons not much about religion.

I oppose it because I am opposed to taking life, even for food.

are you sure you are not opposing it due to your own faith?

and if i ask you do you eat chicken? fish? pork? anything meaty?

Going by your immense wisdom , is it not a strong reason in itself ??

Regarding your "funny" comment , you guys are also doing the same . Filling pages after pages over something in Poland :D

Pot calling the kettle black is indeed funny :tup:

That is the main idea. In Islam all orders for food or things related to food are due to their health driven reasons not much about religion.

are you sure you are not opposing it due to your own faith?

and if i ask you do you eat chicken? fish? pork? anything meaty?

I ate none of this from the age of two. After an attack of diphtheria, all of this tasted repulsive. Later in life, when I started travelling, I forced myself to eat stuff when I couldn't get vegetarian food. Then one day, my wife explained her personal point of view, while we were watching a TV programme where a father was teaching his son to fish, and gaffed the caught fish. It had such a powerful effect on me that I stopped my compromises fully and went back to my vegetarian ways. I am a vegetarian due to belief in life, although I am no longer a Hindu, and although Hindus, even brahmins, from my part of the world eat meat and fish.

Going by your immense wisdom , is it not a strong reason in itself ??

Regarding your "funny" comment , you guys are also doing the same . Filling pages after pages over something in Poland :D

Pot calling the kettle black is indeed funny :tup:

I have NO issue with Poland ban since the Polish Muslims have always respected their laws and they said they will do respect it as well.

Secondly we Pakistani members are only supporting Halal Meat not asking Polnad to review the ban . Unlike Indians who do not have any connection with issue are hell bent upon against it.

But yes you are right your hate for Islam is main reason for your attitude.

I ate none of this from the age of two. After an attack of diphtheria, all of this tasted repulsive. Later in life, when I started travelling, I forced myself to eat stuff when I couldn't get vegetarian food. Then one day, my wife explained her personal point of view, while we were watching a TV programme where a father was teaching his son to fish, and gaffed the caught fish. It had such a powerful effect on me that I stopped my compromises fully and went back to my vegetarian ways. I am a vegetarian due to belief in life, although I am no longer a Hindu, and although Hindus, even brahmins, from my part of the world eat meat and fish.

Sir honestly despite all your stated reasons i feel the bold part is the strongest one in your choice :).

i dont have any issue with your PoV since you have your beliefs we have ours.

Back
Top Bottom