What's new

Poland to ban religious (Halal) slaughter of animals

Yes some endorse stunning animals because they are conforming to the society they live in but the common villager would only really have two options "jhatka" or "halal/kosher" way.

Lingering death? Any biologist will tell you that cutting the animals jugular is a more painless death and healthier too.

Thats a myth or perhaps an outdated fact. In those days when refrigerator was not there perhaps storing blood in a temperature where it would remain sterile might have been a problem and hence the need to drain it out. Not so in those days. Like you guys say, there is a scientific reason for everything specified, true, but it was according to the science of those days..not the 21st century. Moreover people from my places have many special dishes with blood alone - like blood kheema, blood poriyal etc. Hmm we are still fine and heathy.

Thats a myth or perhaps an outdated fact. In those days when refrigerator was not there perhaps storing blood in a temperature where it would remain sterile might have been a problem and hence the need to drain it out. Not so in those days. Like you guys say, there is a scientific reason for everything specified, true, but it was according to the science of those days..not the 21st century. Moreover people from my places have many special dishes with blood alone - like blood kheema, blood poriyal etc. Hmm we are still fine and heathy.

The method still applies today, the people from your places probably know where their live stock is coming from and how they were raised. Now in the US they pump up animals with god knows how many different types of steroids to make maximum profits so in this case caution is still advisable.

studding does not guarantee the animal was alive at the time of slaughter,and its same as eating road kill

studding does not guarantee the animal was alive at the time of slaughter,and its same as eating road kill

ok,so what exactly is filtered by kidneys and liver?...

Blood has no greater concentration of metabolites that are eventually excreted than the tissues through which it is running. The liver and kidneys concentrate these metabolites so that they can be converted and/or excreted. In fact, kidneys and liver themselves are halal to eat, proving that the concentration of excreted metabolites is not the issue here.

So are you saying eating non halal is okay??

No. All I am saying is that assuming blood is somehow unclean is incorrect. Zabiha as a religious practice is perfectly fine as an article of faith.

Incorrect.

Blood in a healthy animal is sterile, and does not carry any concentrations of poop and piss. Proper refrigeration is more important.

Incorrect.... Piss in blood??

Blood has no greater concentration of metabolites that are eventually excreted than the tissues through which it is running. The liver and kidneys concentrate these metabolites so that they can be converted and/or excreted. In fact, kidneys and liver themselves are halal to eat, proving that the concentration of excreted metabolites is not the issue here.

No. All I am saying is that assuming blood is somehow unclean is incorrect. Zabiha as a religious practice is perfectly fine as an article of faith.

Of course the blood would not be unclean in all cases but when you do not know where the animal is coming from and how it was raised (use of steroids etc.) than caution is advisable. They have even found adverse effects of drinking the milk of cows who were given steroids.

The method still applies today, the people from your places probably know where their live stock is coming from and how they were raised. Now in the US they pump up animals with god knows how many different types of steroids to make maximum profits so in this case caution is still advisable.

So by extension would it mean that it is ok for non-halal meat in village societies or small towns wherein the concept of feeding steroids or hormones to animals is unheard of ?

Now dont take me that I oppose halal meat or wont eat it. It does not matter to me as long as I have some meat on my plate. But I dont have this stickling to the way it is killed coz in this age of storing and processing, I dont see any sense in how killing an animal in one particular way is healthier.

Definition of blood.

Blood is a specialized bodily fluid in animals that delivers necessary substances such as nutrients and oxygen to the cells and transports metabolic waste products away from those same cells.

Liver and Kidney are only filters,they dont hold the rejects,thats why halal.

Incorrect.... Piss in blood??

Sorry for using this example - but tomorrow if you needed blood for some purpose, would you be thinking the same way - that other person's blood might contain his piss ? If not, I dont see why it should be a matter here.

Hey, I did not say that. I am also saying that is incorrect. Read the post I am quoting please.

Actually I knew the context... I said incorrect for the blood part of your post..

read the post again i said the anesthesia should be be degraded by human digestive juice. u can give anesthesia by parenteral routes to an animal. so read again carefully and comment.

that will put human lives at risk,as not all people will be able to deal with the chemical.

Back
Top Bottom