What's new

Poland looking forward to better ties with India

angeldemon_007

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski will arrive here on Monday on a two day visit, along with a high-powered business delegation in what is seen as bid to improve relations between the two countries. Sikorski's visit comes at a time when bilateral trade between the two countries has touched a new heigh, and there is growing realisation in the two governments that the bonds could be strengthened, encapsulating areas such as culture, academics, tourism and defence, besides business.

Poland, which on July 1 assumed the presidency of the European Union , is poised to take up issues relating to cultural and consular relations. "The two sides may discuss several areas of mutual interest. These may span not just bilateral issues, but also global concerns,'' Polish ambassador Piotr Klodkowski told ET. Bilateral trade touched $808.42 million in 2009-10, up from $334.77 in 2005-06. "Poland is India's largest trading partner in central Europe and is considered an attractive investment destination by the Indian private sector,'' Klodkowski said. Indian companies, in the past decade, have made a beeline towards Poland, with Uflex, Infosys, TCS, RIL and Wipro setting up bases there.

LM Mittal's Arcelor group has four steel plants. But then he holds a British passport and the group has its headquarters in Europe. "So far, the investments of Indian private players in Poland have been largely limited to BPO and IT sectors. Of late, pharmaceuticals, steel and agricultural machinery too have attracted investments. But we are looking towards joint ventures and technology transfer, particularly green technology. Our country is sitting on the largest reserves of shell gas. Both countries need access to technology,'' Klodkowski said. With the Indian economy emerging among the fastest growing in the world, Polish companies also view New Delhi as an important investment destination.

Sikorski will have in his entourage at least a dozen business leaders. Representatives from eight companies, with interest in areas such as defence, petrochemicals, backroom equipment manufacturing, cosmetics, automotive parts, surveillance and industrial safety systems, will be part of Sikorski's team. Sikorski, besides meeting his Indian counterpart SM Krishna, will also meet Commerce Minister Anand Sharma . The delegation will have a closed door session with select members of the Indian Council of World Affairs on Monday evening, and an interactive business session with the Ficci brass later in the day.

"A special declaration may be made about possible investments after the meeting with Ficci,'' the Polish ambassador said. Polish companies have deepened their footprints in India, with firms such Bella Premiere (known as TZMO in Poland), Can-Pack, GT Torun, Inglot and Obram carving out a strong presence here. "But we want more sectors to be identified and targeted. Food processing is one such sector. We have got immense potential in the area,'' the ambassador said. Poland is looking forward to strengthening ties in defence and strategic cooperation. "We have a long history in defence ties. We would like that to expand,'' Klodkowski added.

Of late, there has been a growing interest in Poland about the films made in Bollywood. Two films, including the Aamir Khan-starrer 'Fanna', were shot at various locales in Poland, and megastar Amitabh Bachchan visited Warsaw and Krakow in April this year. "He later wrote glowingly about his visit in his blog, and we expect this interest to gather steam in the coming days,'' the Polish ambassador said. With Poland assuming EU's rota-tional presidency, the Polish foreign minister is also expected to take up issues pertaining to culture and consular relations with India. "There are plenty of possibilities in the cultural sector.

Towards the end of the year, EU festival will be held in New Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai, focusing primarily on youngsters and students, particularly college-going group,'' the ambassador observed. In an attempt to promote cultural and academic ties between the two sides, an EU-India Centre on Contemporary India has been opened recently in the prestigious Warsaw University. Poland is also home to very strong Indological centers. They cover a lot of special fields not only in classical Sanskrit studies, but also contemporary India.

Poland looking forward to better ties with India - The Economic Times

What happened to Indo-Polish light tank ? Is army really interested in buying 300 light tanks ?

Expecting something from that Tank proposal.. It really looked good.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Make me laugh why India wants to improve relationship with Poland. Anyway what they have to offer to Indian- NOTHING!!!
Just to let u know Russian and German hate polish people.... And they are the most racist people in the world... Its same case here if Russia wants to improve relationship with Pakistan...

Make me laugh why India wants to improve relationship with Poland. Anyway what they have to offer to Indian- NOTHING!!!
Just to let u know Russian and German hate polish people.... And they are the most racist people in the world... Its same case here if Russia wants to improve relationship with Pakistan...

One thing for sure polish people are very hard working people.

Trade.Just like every country we are trying to reach out to now.

Just to let u know Russian and German hate polish people....

Irony isn't it?The Poles should be the ones hating the Russians and the Germans not the other way round.

And they are the most racist people in the world... Its same case here if Russia wants to improve relationship with Pakistan...

There are racists everywhere.Would you be having an experience to share regarding racism of poles?

One thing for sure polish people are very hard working people.
I don't agree with this every country u have people who work hard and those who don't. even if its true this shouldn't be criteria for strategic partnership. Boosting relationship with country like Ukraine and Poland will not only piss Russian and German Govt common people too. i am not against any country this may be my first comment.
Despite of the fact that Indians have invested millions in Poland and many polish people work in those firms. The superiority complex , white pride and false sense of European pride is a big problem.

Anyway all the best for Indo Polish partnership

Parachutes , T-72 modernization ,WZT-3 ARV

India, Poland deepen defence ties

Indo-Polish Military Ties On The Upswing

Also they"re offering heir expertize in Coal mining

Parachutes , T-72 modernization ,WZT-3 ARV

India, Poland deepen defence ties

Indo-Polish Military Ties On The Upswing

Also they"re offering heir expertize in Coal mining

WARSAW, MARCH 19. When the Foreign Minister of Pakistan, Khurshid Mohammad Kasuri, came here recently, the Polish Government told him that there would be no arms supplies to Islamabad. As it saw blossoming Indo-Polish defence ties, Pakistan had good reason to embark on this fishing expedition.

"It is our policy that as we establish a high-level military-technical cooperation with India, we do not intend to develop a similar relationship with Pakistan," the Deputy Defence Minister of Poland, Janusz Zemke, told a visiting Indian delegation here.

Pakistan was apparently interested in acquiring anti-tank missiles from Poland. "We cannot supply you tanks and then sell anti-tank missiles to Pakistan," Mr. Zemke said.

"We know Russia and Israel are major arms suppliers to India; yet, we think we can play a role," Mr. Zemke added. Native strengths in some high technology areas, such as optoelectronics, and its experience in modernising the Soviet equipment have positioned Poland as an important new defence partner for India.

As it sought to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) in 1999 and integrated its defence systems with those of the West, Poland wisely decided not to junk all Russian equipment. Using indigenous resources it successfully upgraded Russian equipment to the performance levels of the Western military equipment at one-third the cost.

New Delhi and Warsaw signed a Memorandum of Understanding on Defence Cooperation in February 2003 during the visit of the Polish Prime Minister, Leszek Miller, to India. Contracts worth $600 m. are currently in play. These include the modernisation of tanks and the acquisition of air defence missiles.

The issues relating to the T-72 modernisation in India have all been sorted out, according to Mr. Zemke. At home, Poland has replaced the 800 horsepower engines of the T-72 with 1000 hp machine. The tanks have also been fitted with modern fire control systems and night vision equipment.

India should definetly deepen ties with Poland and disagree with other comments here.

sorry but i differ i had 2 foreign exchange students for my MBA class last year and one was polish the other german..... i found tat the german was very arrogant he called everything tat he didn like about my country as stupid but the polish was sweet and covering up for his loud mouth german friend.......Germans hate Chinese coz he was bad mouthing them royally and said they were hated in Germany were as he said german considered Japanese as bros!!!!!!!!! I am sure he would have bad mouthed India when he went to his country

I don't agree with this every country u have people who work hard and those who don't. even if its true this shouldn't be criteria for strategic partnership. Boosting relationship with country like Ukraine and Poland will not only piss Russian and German Govt common people too. i am not against any country this may be my first comment.
Despite of the fact that Indians have invested millions in Poland and many polish people work in those firms. The superiority complex , white pride and false sense of European pride is a big problem.

sorry heard from many Indians tat Germans are quite racist towards Indians!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway all the best for Indo Polish partnership

Thank you!!!!!

Actually, the poles are quite racist. There is a lot of white pride sentiments running high in Poland.

Actually, the poles are quite racist. There is a lot of white pride sentiments running high in Poland.

seriously!!!!!

well am not giving them clean chit but based on my personal and friend's experience they are good people and bit better than germans

You are generalizing everyone under the same label. I have many friends from poland and i never felt this way. Racists are everywhere. There are many racists in india itself.

It is time of globalization . Everyone need to build better trade relation with each other. So is poland trying to build. Whats wrong in it?

Back
Top Bottom