What's new

pol l in chinese defence forum about gaza conflict

Rather interesting data I would say.What is the official chinese stand on gaza conflict.

You have to look closely at the context in which this poll was conducted. The diction in which the survey was written could have an enormous influence on the answers brought about by the interviewees. How did the poll question present the problem? Did it label Israel's war as an "operation" or "attack"? Did the poll question present Israel's war as an "aggression" or a "war on terror"? These subtle but important semantic nuances would wield enormous influence on the opinions of even the most moderate thinkers. A subtle change from the word "conflict" to "attack", for one, could touch on very controversial topics from China's history that are still very fresh on the citizens' minds.

You'd also have to bear in mind the political and social circumstances that prevail in the country. China, unlike many European or North American nations, have taken in numerous Islamic terror attacks, and unlike most Middle Eastern countries, has cordial relations with Israel and its military. If you were a Chinese citizen living in fear of terrorism while hearing about the unequivocal support Israel has given China, you'd also be hard-pressed not to sympathize with Israel's cause.

Hence, polls like these are at most useful for satirical articles or perhaps the occasional political cartoon. To draw political or cultural conclusions from these would be quite the wasted effort.

Japanese peoples almost know the real story behind the Israel and Palestine conflicts.
That's what i'm potinting out , i honestly can't figure out how many people think of china as a communist state that thinks of nothing but the good of humanity , the chinese are one of the most racist in this world , certainly the most xenophobic and on top of the list of american/jew lovers

Back
Top Bottom