What's new

PNS Azmat Class - Fast Attack Missile Craft | Updates & Discussions.

Thanks a lot. LOlz. Sir this just my assumptions. I think a bigger and better Navy can protect our seas and coast much better.

bigger navies will not only be expensive but procure but keeping them operational, the fuel and crew costs, the maintenance works all need to be accounted for..

some frigates with better AAW capabilities muct be acquired and these patrol boats and fast attack missile boats armed with long range anti ship missiles will be good to defend our sea.

for attack purpose, we need a better submarine fleet. with the news of PN going for misisles equipped QING subs and a possible rumor of a N-submarine, that seem well enough.

regards!

bigger navies will not only be expensive but procure but keeping them operational, the fuel and crew costs, the maintenance works all need to be accounted for..

some frigates with better AAW capabilities muct be acquired and these patrol boats and fast attack missile boats armed with long range anti ship missiles will be good to defend our sea.

for attack purpose, we need a better submarine fleet. with the news of PN going for misisles equipped QING subs and a possible rumor of a N-submarine, that seem well enough.

regards!

You are absolutely right. I also meant that but we must also have a good surface fleet and submerge fleet too.
4 F-22Ps
5 Type-54Bs
11 Corvettes
5 Mine Hunters
16+ FACs
11+ SSKs
3 SSBNs

1839519a2tm9osgqw2irn9.jpg

1101458900sk73klb89fsi.jpg

Looks like there is an AK-630M styled CIWS with a low RCS design mount installed at rear.

At front on the forecastle, a twin 14.5/25mm? gun seems to be installed.

Not sure why the boat doesn't have an automatic cannon as a main gun, such as 76mm cannon (too heavy or doesn't fit its mission profile?) or another AK-630M CIWS (too costly? surely can't be...) installed at front.

Only if China were to have an automatic naval 57mm main gun similar to this 57-mm Mk 110 Naval Gun System http://www.sanders.com/ProductsServices/l_and_a_sea_mk110.html, then it would be very good news for these small patrol vessels in the future.

Forward: manually laid, optically (mk 1 eyeball + mechanical gunsight?) aimed Chinese twin 25mm cannon development based on Zu-23-2 (common on PLA Army riverine patrol boats), using AK630-like mounting base.
Rear: AK630 radar / optically aimed close in AAA 30mm gatling gun

This is a patrol boat, for policing duties. Hence the 25mm twin forward, which is primarily for dealing with slow surface targets. Though the ship has AShM missiles, it is not meant primarily as attack boat. If it finds itself facing a larger naval ship, it has the teath to stand its ground but it probably will (and should, in order to live and fight another day) turn tail and run for (air) cover after missile launch. Hence, putting the AK630 in the rear makes sense. The AK630 can engage surface targets but is primarily an anti-missile last ditch self defence weapon. By having 2 mounts, all round coverage is achieved.

PLA Army Type 529 patrol boat info and pics:
http://www.china-defense.com/smf/index.php?topic=3245.0

It is interesting that this particular 25mm twin was adopted since China also has a new dedicated single 25mm naval mount and a new dedicated single 30mm naval mount.

25mm mount: http://www.china-defense.com/smf/index.php?topic=4863.0
30mm mount: http://www.china-defense.com/smf/index.php?topic=5642.0

i dont think the photos of these of azmat class craft the photos are of frigates and this is too big why sailors only 12 in such a big baby

i dont think the photos of these of azmat class craft the photos are of frigates and this is too big why sailors only 12 in such a big baby
I think they are. It is bigger for purpose of endurance. But lightly armed, not necessitating a larger complement, particularly is many things are automated.

is it invisible or just have some reduction features?

hahahahaha what a joke man nothing is invisible now a days and its a hundreds of ton metal ..... even F 22 is not invisible

RCS reduction just means you can't distuingish a large warship from a small fishing vessel (or a whale) no more, untill it is too late. NOthing becomes invisible.

this is where most of the people get confused as to how to put Stealth into words, nicely summed up sir.

Back
Top Bottom