What's new

PMO’s China fear stalls Mountain Corps

Nah, this was never meant for the Chinese. Indians are away too insignificant for China to even care to invade. This Strike Corps is now being covertly raised to invade BD and further massacre the NE peoples.

Nah, this was never meant for the Chinese. Indians are away too insignificant for China to even care to invade. This Strike Corps is now being covertly raised to invade BD and further massacre the NE peoples.

To give more masala to the thread the chinese cheer-leaders have arrived ..........

paint cans & banners? fair enough. But troops crossing over to indian side & destroying unused bunkers are considered as act of aggression..

yes true, and it only happend in one known case in Leh if im right. And they have yet to show unpredictability.

Im not defending China, but one needs a Just cause to peruse an aggressive stance
or we might risk not coming out on top on every angle.

Diplomacy is maybe more important today as compared to military strength. Perception management is vital.

Fcuk you Manmohan! You are the biggest vermin I have ever seen in my life! Even a common village farmer is braver than you against a naxalite!! :angry:

Die you piece of shyte! Curse you!

I wish People get together and topple this government like Egypt.

It is beyond the logic of a normal human being to think that the infrastructure build-up on the Chinese side of the Sino-Hindu border serves the sole purpose of military operations in the unlikely event of a war。For God's sake,China is in the midst of a nation-wide all-out effort to lay a solid foundation for future economic development。Infrastructure is just one of the many pillars that are crucial to the well-being of a nation。Education is another,hence the creations of so many establishments of learning in China each year。If anything,Tibet is THE region that has received the least attention in this regard so far。China will continue its investment drive in Tibet;India should do the same in her border regions。

Iam Glad to see someone from that side of the border speaking sense and not 'whose got the bigger D$%^ . Hope to see more posts from you

We cannot match china man to man or technology or infrastructure their are working on war footing and we are sleeping right now our economy dont allow us to raise 100 000 soldier so we have to wait and i dont think china as enemy we can be good partner ,if you see our media is so stupid to say agni5 = china killer ,we are arrogant not china we are showing fake agression in vietnam and china sea.:hitwall:

Fcuk you Manmohan! You are the biggest vermin I have ever seen in my life! Even a common village farmer is braver than you against a naxalite!! :angry:

Die you piece of shyte! Curse you!

I wish People get together and topple this government like Egypt.

We have infiltrated Chinese Agents in to your gorvernment i:azn:...so keep whining :rofl:

We have infiltrated Chinese Agents in to your gorvernment i:azn:...so keep whining :rofl:

First save your ar$$ from the Uncle Sam coming very near to you and visibly violating your so called sovereign region in south china sea, then start thinking about infiltrating your agents in other nations!!!

Though I m not very fond of Uncle Sam but sometimes I like the way it when it whips out some arrogant!! Now uncle has his eyes frowning another brat, who is getting arrogant and intimidating day by day, with its newly earned $$$ by exporting cheaply manufactured products to western riches!!!

First save your ar$$ from the Uncle Sam coming very near to you and visibly violating your so called sovereign region in south china sea, then start thinking about infiltrating your agents in other nations!!!

Though I m not very fond of Uncle Sam but sometimes I like the way it when it whips out some arrogant!! Now uncle has his eyes frowning another brat, who is getting arrogant and intimidating day by day, with its newly earned $$$ by exporting cheaply manufactured products to western riches!!!

We know how to deal Uncle SAM since 1980s...that's why we alway have a trade surplus every years despite receiving mountian pressures from them...if that answer your question? to deal with India,..we dont need much...only few agents to spread the rumors or to lobby the key person on your gorverment to deviate any important decision against us...so we can concentrate on our economy & infrastructure development of Tibet.

For the rest of your irrelevant comment...you can express your fustrations regarding China...nobody care.

It is beyond the logic of a normal human being to think that the infrastructure build-up on the Chinese side of the Sino-Hindu border serves the sole purpose of military operations in the unlikely event of a war。For God's sake,China is in the midst of a nation-wide all-out effort to lay a solid foundation for future economic development。Infrastructure is just one of the many pillars that are crucial to the well-being of a nation。Education is another,hence the creations of so many establishments of learning in China each year。If anything,Tibet is THE region that has received the least attention in this regard so far。China will continue its investment drive in Tibet;India should do the same in her border regions。

Reasonably argued; the infrastructure build-up does not serve the sole purpose of military operations.

However, it does fit in with the needs of the PLA and of the PLAAF to a remarkable degree. Perhaps that is inevitable; better logistics has both civilian and military pay-offs.

On the other hand, before going further, consider the point of view from across the border.

Development expenditure can take place most conveniently along the east-west running Brahmaputra Valley. It is under-equipped with roads, rail and even river navigation facilities. It is possible to spend all the available money for development in these aras, and in building branches and spurs off these, for a foreseeable decade or so, without the time or the money to do anything else.

Military needs do not coincide with this easy option. The terrain does not permit the kind of development possible on the Tibetan side. On that side, you have a high, flat plateau. On this side, there is broken mountain terrain, sometimes running east to west, sometimes running north to south. There is no consistent grain to plan a consistent transport network.

Therefore the PLA can keep itself concentrated in one or two well-secured reserve concentrations, focussed on acclimatisation of the troops from lower-lying areas, able to move out at short notice to any point along the border. It has a wide array of airfields and air-strips which neutralize high altitude aerial operations handicaps. It has an extensive and growing network of sensors, terrestrial and otherwise, and can afford to reduce the sickeningly brutal methods by which it controls the escape of Tibetans across the borders, as well as detect activity in the air on the other side. It can increasingly leave border monitoring in remote areas to these sensors, and concentrate personnel on hot spots, where it wishes to have a presence and to continue to exert pressure.

None of these are possible for the Indian Army or for the Indian Air Force. It is not possible to build a network parallel to the border, however invaluable that will be for development, because of the terrain. The kind of network that is possible runs into the hilly terrain from a multitude of access points on the plains in the river valley, and to use such a network, currently being developed, implies a people-intensive strategy. Instead of the PLA measure of concentrating troops and distributing sensors, it is necessary to have troops available at many points of response on the plains, and not to leave any large stretch unstaffed.

These troops have to be in two different structures and formations. There has to be a certain minimum amount of staffing unfixed positions, unfortunately. Military history has taught us, twice, brutally, that leaving any significant stretch of mountainous borders unpatrolled is a recipe for disaster. We are also not in a position to depend entirely on sensors because of the very different philosophies which govern the policies of our two hostile neighbours. While the PLA and the PA may more or less count on the IA being a military wing of a status quo power, and to expect that it will not make any aggressive moves, that expectation is not available reciprocally. Whether in occupying and building on Aksai Chin unilaterally, before any attempt at discussing different perceptions, or in the pre-emotive moves in Kashmir, or the recent incident at Kargil, the Indian Army, because of the nature of the Indian state, has found itself restricted in action at the outset, and asked to perform miracles after the mismanagement of the international situation has led to a failure of political options.

That is the reason for the two mountain divisions. They are intended to hold a limited number of key points and geographical features, and prevent the PLA from hopping and skipping down to the plains. We do not want to see the administration in Tezpore burning state documents a second time. They are not intended, however, to penalize an attack. That task was to be left to a strike corps. The idea is simple; two mountain divisions are nowhere near sufficient to achieve coverage of vulnerable points and leave sufficient troops free to counter-attack to relieve pressure. Even full coverage of vulnerable points alone would soak up many more divisions. What is being sought initially is coverage of at least the key areas, for which two divisions is a beginning, nowhere near an end.

Adding to the problem faced by military planners is the problem of the nature of mountain warfare and the difficulties they face with a stop-go policy from the political side. But that is another story.

just like the pak govt which trying to stop the army from conducting terrorist attacks on india fearing retaliation.............

You desperation is evident from nonsense statements you are passing. Armies are not for conducting terrorist operations unless off-course it is Indian army which like to fight from behind..

You desperation is evident from nonsense statements you are passing. Armies are not for conducting terrorist operations unless off-course it is Indian army which like to fight from behind..

I beg your pardon?

The pot calling the kettle black?

The more I think about it the more I want to see a genuine Indian Chinese friendship. As the two major emerging nations who within most of our lifetimes will be the top 2 powers in earth they should aim for joint succes and harmony. Taking chunks out of one another does not benefit either nation only the White powers and certain nations in Asia (we know who). Apart from one tragic period in The 1960s, India and China have lived in peace for centuries. An Indian China friendship would mark the beginning of the end for this relatively new White suparamcy tht has been present for the last few centuries, it would make these two nations the most formidable bloc on earth, it would make others tremble. India and China have complimentary economies who could do wonders together if given the chance, india and china can do more together than separately.

A man can only hope...

The more I think about it the more I want to see a genuine Indian Chinese friendship. As the two major emerging nations who within most of our lifetimes will be the top 2 powers in earth they should aim for joint succes and harmony. Taking chunks out of one another does not benefit either nation only the White powers and certain nations in Asia (we know who). Apart from one tragic period in The 1960s, India and China have lived in peace for centuries. An Indian China friendship would mark the beginning of the end for this relatively new White suparamcy tht has been present for the last few centuries, it would make these two nations the most formidable bloc on earth, it would make others tremble. India and China have complimentary economies who could do wonders together if given the chance, india and china can do more together than separately.

A man can only hope...

It is difficult to escape the conclusion that this is the only stable and permanent solution. However, besides the multitude of interested parties which will try to block such a development, there is another structural problem.

In my opinion, peace between India and China is intrinsically locked into peace between India and Pakistan. Without such a preliminary step, there will always be a temptation for the Chinese leadership to play games with the situation. Unfortunately very often political leaders at the highest levels find themselves playing games with the fate of their country and its neighbours not because they are naturally inclined to do so but because it is generally expected that they should do so.

Without a peace between India and Pakistan, there will in fact be no peace possible with China. Recall that our border dispute with China is about two pieces of land: Aksai Chin, counted as part of Kashmir in India's political geography, and Arunchal Pradesh. To make peace with China, we must settle the Aksai Chin issue. But they will remain unable to accept such a solution unless it is guaranteed that the administration in Jammu and Kashmir is able to guarantee it and its own survival alike. For this, Pakistan's consent is required, which implies peace with Pakistan.

In simple words, the sooner we achieve a fair and equitable peace with both our neighbours, the sooner we can get on with more important things.

Back
Top Bottom