What's new

PM Tayyip Erdogan Arrives Pakistan - Pakistan Turkey Brotherhood Forever

Can somebody tell me if Shahbaz Sharif is PM of Pakistan or Nawaz Sharif?

Last time I checked, it was the elder ganja.

Shayed Pakistan may Punjab kay ilawa kuch aur hai hi nhn...

Can somebody tell me if Shahbaz Sharif is PM of Pakistan or Nawaz Sharif?

Last time I checked, it was the elder ganja.

Shayed Pakistan may Punjab kay ilawa kuch aur hai hi nhn...
its Nawaz Sharif dude

Well it would be interesting if some Major agreements are announced

a) Sindh Coal Excavation Project (Share profit basis)
b) Iran - Pakistan gas pipeline construction
c) T-129 Helicopter Deal
d) Revitalization of Pakistan Railways
e) Gwadar project participation on global trade center
f) Military communication networks etc

g) Involvement of Turkey in Block 2 JF17 thunder avionics package
h) PIA privatization effrorts to learn from best Airlines in Turkey (Best in Europe)
Turkish administration involvement in project would be a Game changer

We already know the Success of the Turkish Project for Lahore City management for maintenance has made a great impact on lives of citizens of one of the largest cities in Pakistan

I think the biggest BIG project would be the Iran - Pakistan gas deal , with Turkey playing a part & the Coal Excavation project on Share profit deal with Turkey

Plus we also know once the energy problems for Pakistan are gone the Railway links between Turkey & Pakistan would be a great trade route China - Pakistan - Turkey into Europe

Are all mega projects up for grab and invest in

If a major delegation of Turkish contingent is coming I hope that we make some good progress on the above issues

2-3 Days ago it was in news that a friendly nation has come forward to support the gas pipeline , so there is some major indication that would be one of the issue together with the T-129 helicopters

yaar agar yeh chaar deals taiy paa jaiyn tou maza he ajaiy .... :angel::pakistan:

Turkish delight: Erdogan bowled over by Pakistan’s warmth
By News Desk
Published: December 24, 2013
649819-turkeyerdoganLahoreAFP-1387865241-114-640x480.jpg

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan (2R) and his wife Emine Erdogan (R) receive sweets as they arrive at Aitchison College in Lahore on December 23, 2013. PHOTO: AFP

Turkey’s Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan was bowled over by the rapturous welcome he received on Monday at the close of day one of his two-day visit.

A Turkish official told The Express Tribune that 130 government officials and businessmen, along with Erdogan’s wife and daughter, were vastly impressed by their reception in Lahore on Monday.

“Our delegation noticed that the Turkish prime minister has not received the kind of joyful welcome in other countries as he has in Pakistan,” he said, requesting anonymity.

A sumptuous lunch hosted by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif; a chestnut coloured stallion presented as a gift and emotional speeches were the highlights of the Turkish delegation’s visit.

Erdogan was welcomed by Shahbaz upon his arrival at the Lahore airport, and went via helicopter to Raiwind, all the while surveying below him the famed Metro Bus route.

Published in The Express Tribune, December 24th, 2013.

1536713_637726496265960_165128987_n.jpg

1499531_637726392932637_1028926718_n.jpg

1506028_637726362932640_1979363981_n.jpg

1517689_751898091505284_755787375_n.jpg

1005854_751898114838615_425980872_n.jpg

Oh he wore the cap as well????:o: Maybe i'll be minced by the Turks on the forum for saying this but i have huge respect for this man.

Why does it amaze you that he wore your cap.

You should see some real developments or invests by Turkey under his leadership. So there would be a reason to respect him.

Why does it amaze you that he wore your cap.

You should see some real developments or invests by Turkey under his leadership. So there would be a reason to respect him.

Well it surely did come as a surprise.lol

No but even otherwise i have respect for the man but i know Turks would have their own opinions so mine are just an outsider's perspective.

Well it surely did come as a surprise.lol

No but even otherwise i have respect for the man but i know Turks would have their own opinions so mine are just an outsider's perspective.

I feel like ,you have unconditional support for him and i wonder why ? :meeting:

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan and Turkey on Tuesday pledged to intensify cooperation in energy, trade, urban development, infrastructure and housing sectors besides inking agreement to operationalise the Islamabad-Tehran-Istanbul ECO Container Train.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan, after holding an exclusive meeting, followed by delegation level talks here at the PM House, termed it a “comprehensive review” of bilateral relations.

“We have just concluded a comprehensive review of our bilateral relations as well as regional and international issues of mutual concern. Our discussions were marked by unanimity of views on all issues,” Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said.

He said consistent with the shared vision to strengthen economic ties, the two countries have also decided to conclude a Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA), in the first three months of 2014. Prime Minister Sharif said economic frameworks like the PTA, would significantly contribute towards trade facilitation.

The Turkish Prime Minister is here on a two-day visit, along with a large business delegation, to expand the multifaceted ties with Pakistan.

The two sides also agreed to provide a dynamic future-oriented outlook to their strategic relationship.

Prime Minister Erdogan said Turkey wanted expanded bilateral ties with Pakistan in all fields including political, military, economic, trade and culture. He also appreciated that his Pakistani counterpart made Turkey the second stop, soon after he assumed his office.

He expressed the hope that the PTA between the two countries will go a long way in further expanding their economic ties.

Erdogan said the level of trade between the two countries did not match the existing strong relations and there was a need to take steps to enhance it significantly.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said the two sides have also signed a number of MoUs including the operationalization of the Islamabad-Tehran-Istanbul ECO Container Train.

Nawaz Sharif said regular operations of the train would not only strengthen connectivity but it also had the potential to harness greater economic integration between the region and beyond.

“I am confident that our interactions would further intensify cooperative partnership between the two countries”, he added.

Prime Minister Erdogan also announced opening of a Turkish Cultural Centre in Lahore. He said both the sides have the political will to strengthen their cooperation.

He said the two sides also discussed expansion of communiction linkages between the two countries, through land, air and sea.

Nawaz Sharif said Pakistan and Turkey enjoyed a special relationship, bound by fraternal ties of religion, history and culture. Prime Minister Erdogan’s visit to Pakistan has reinforced these ties, he added.

“As two functioning democracies, our perspectives are marked by a common outlook and shared objectives,” said Nawaz Sharif.

The two leaders said they discussed regional situation and international issues of mutual interest.

Prime Minister Sharif said the meeting comes at a time when there was strife and instability in the region. “As two pillars of strength, Pakistan and Turkey stand united in our joint endeavour to promote peace and stability in the region,” he said.

Prime Minister Sharif recalled his recent “very successful and result-oriented” visit to Turkey in September 2013, to chair with Prime Minister Erdogan, the 3rd meeting of the High Level Cooperation Council, which was aptly renamed the High Level Strategic Cooperation Council (HLSCC).

Nawaz Sharif termed the current visit of Erdogan as another milestone in the relationship.

He said the strong business delegation, accompanying Erdogan, was an affirmation of the confidence that Turkish companies have in business opportunities in Pakistan.

“I am confident that the representative business forum that I, and Prime Minister Erdogan addressed in Lahore yesterday, would build on the synergies and strengths of our respective business communities.”

He also recalled his address to an equally well-attended business forum in Istanbul during his visit to Turkey.

Earlier, the two sides signed two MoUs for cooperation in Disaster Management and Sports. Under the MoU on Disaster Management, Turkey will provide technology, expertise and training to tackle disasters and their aftereffects.

The MoU was signed by Chairman National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) Maj Gen (Retd) Mohammad Saeed Aleem and Turkish Ambassador to Pakistan Babar Girgin.

The MoU on Sports Cooperation was signed by Minister for Inter Provincial Coordination and Sports Riaz Hussain Pirzada and Turkish Minister for Transport Maritime Affairs and Communication Binali Yildirim.
Pakistan, Turkey to increase cooperation | PAKISTAN - geo.tv

Pakistan‚ Turkey agree for preferential trade agreement

1461309_662232600486191_204772311_n.png

Pakistan and Turkey have agreed to conclude preferential trade agreement to promote trade between the two countries.
The understanding came at a meeting between Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip in Islamabad on Tuesday.
Later in a press stake out along with his Turkish counterpart‚ Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif expressed the confidence that this economic framework will significantly contribute to trade facilitation between the two friendly Muslim countries.
He said both the sides have agreed to intensify cooperation in the sectors of energy‚ urban and infrastructure development and housing.
Pakistan and Turkey signed two MOUs in Islamabad Tuesday for cooperation in different sectors.
One related to cooperation in sports and the other to coping with the natural disasters.
Prime Ministers of both the countries witnessed the signing ceremony.
Earlier‚ Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan held talks at the prime minister house in Islamabad.
They discussed the entire gamut of bilateral relations with particular focus on promoting trade and economic cooperation.
Earlier‚ on arrival at the prime minister house‚ a warm welcome was accorded to the visiting dignitary.
A formal welcome ceremony was held in honor of the visiting Turkish Prime Minister.
On the occasion‚ anthems of both the countries were played.
A smartly turned out contingent of armed forces presented guard of honor to the visiting dignitary.
President Mamnoon Hussain will host a luncheon in honour of the Turkish Prime Minister.
Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif and his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan have vowed to take bilateral cooperation in diverse fields to new heights.
They made this pledge while addressing the Pak-Turk Business Forum in Lahore.
Nawaz Sharif said Pakistan plans to build economic corridors and expressways to link its markets with the regional countries and the Turkish expertise can complement our ambitions in undertaking such projects.
Nawaz Sharif said that he was very much encouraged by the interest shown by the Turkish companies in Bhasha and Bunji dams‚ Lahore-Karachi Motorway and Gaddani Power park.
He said Pakistan's Board of Investment and the Pak-Turk business Council are also working to boost cooperation in textile‚ automotive and communication sectors.
The Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyeb Erdogan said he considers Pakistan as his second home and is proud of this relationship.
He said he has brought with him representatives of thirty nine Turkish Companies as well as a huge trade delegation to explore investment opportunities in Pakistan.
The Turkish Prime Minister said the current trade volume between Pakistan and Turkey hovers around eighty three million dollars which did not manifest the actual trade potential existed between the two brotherly countries.
He appreciated Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's economic policies that have restored foreign investors confidence to invest in Pakistan.
Pakistan and Turkey have signed three Memoranda of Understanding in Lahore.
The MOUs relate to enhancing cooperation between Punjab Industrial Department and Turkey Cooperation Agency‚ Pakistan Railways and Turkish Logistics Organization and Pakistan Standard Quality Control Authority and Turkish Standard Institution.
Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif hosted a dinner in honour of Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his delegation at Hazuri Bagh‚ Lahore Fort.
Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif‚ Chairman Senate Syed Nayyar Hussain Bukhari‚ Speaker Punjab Assembly Rana Muhammad Iqbal Khan‚ Federal and Provincial Ministers‚ parliamentarians and industrialists also attend the dinner.
Earlier‚ Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan laid a floral wreath at the mausoleum of the philosopher poet Dr Allama Muhammad Iqbal and offered Fateha. The Turkish Premier also recorded his impressions in the visitor’s book.
Erdogan also visited the historic Badshahi Mosque.

Pakistan‚ Turkey agree for preferential trade agreement

Back
Top Bottom