What's new

PM shows disappointment over pay raise of Punjab Assembly members, directed to revert summary

I personally think that the salaries of members of the national and local assembly should be high - it represents the status of the office, the responsbility that is expected of them, the risk people take by joining public office and finally in practical terms it should mean there is less incentive for corruption.

HOWEVER...

I oppose any attempts to raise these salaries at this time, especially considering the economic condition of the country, the poor state of the common man and the anti elitist policies of the governing party.

Imran Khan has done the right thing to openly oppose this. When the state of the country is improved, maybe in 5 years time we'll be in a position to make this type of correction but now is not the right time.

Good!!! Now remove Buzdar as CM and replace him with someone more capable. This was an absolute shameful move by the Punjab government and opposition; and heads need to roll!

I'm glad to see IK is taking a stand and sincerely hope he stays firm.

I personally think that the salaries of members of the national and local assembly should be high - it represents the status of the office, the responsbility that is expected of them, the risk people take by joining public office and finally in practical terms it should mean there is less incentive for corruption.

HOWEVER...

I oppose any attempts to raise these salaries at this time, especially considering the economic condition of the country, the poor state of the common man and the anti elitist policies of the governing party.

Imran Khan has done the right thing to openly oppose this. When the state of the country is improved, maybe in 5 years time we'll be in a position to make this type of correction but now is not the right time.

you never get a raise until unless you show some performance. by the way basic principle of officer holder is to serve the people. They have joined the politics to serve people not to serve their shit pockets. For that they have to consider some other job.

you never get a raise until unless you show some performance. by the way basic principle of officer holder is to serve the people. They have joined the politics to serve people not to serve their shit pockets. For that they have to consider some other job.

I agree with that bit, but not the second bit. If that is the case then it makes politics difficult for the working class person. Most of our politicians are millionaires - but if we want Doctors, teachers, farmers, philosophers etc represented in our places of governance; we need to make sure they aren't taking a hit in the pocket to do so.

Realistically the cost of campaigning is so high the working man can not even dream of politics in Pakistan.

the current CM of Punjab is a tool...

he needs to go.

I disagree...If salaries are high it is a calling for greedy people...If salaries are moderate, it helps find people who want to work and earn...If salaries are low, people become corrupt...Moderate is the way!

- but if we want Doctors, teachers, farmers, philosophers etc represented in our places of governance; we need to make sure they aren't taking a hit in the pocket to do so.
I think the lowest salary stated in OP was 80k! That is the starting salary of a PhD fresh graduate....And many of our politicians have to be Bechalors pass! So how can a PhD graduate and everyone under him/ her survive but somehow a BA pass politician will be taking a hit in the pocket?

Do you the MPhil student gets a stipend of 25K no PERKS....a Masters graduate gets about 50K [I am talking about science graduate in teaching or lab activities ...I know MBA gets highly paid but we are comparing BA pass politicians.. They are better paid then masters fresh graduates WITH PERKS and yet it is not enough? Imagine how the rest of the population is surviving?!

Realistically the cost of campaigning is so high the working man can not even dream of politics in Pakistan.
THIS is def a problem in Pakistan but also elsewhere in the world...it should be up to political parties to ensure they have sufficient educated people...then again the voters know faces rather than degrees! I mean look at Zardari...Metric fail yet managed to get votes for years!

Good. Also what is the need for this new Punjab Assembly building (and expanded premises/rooms) for the MPA's. Parvez Elahi was harping on against N League and how they blocked funds for the expansion of the building, as if he was expecting sympathy from the layman for that statement. Unfortunately PTI has to rely on these old "lote" to an extent but good to see Khan stepping in here.

HOWEVER...

With that increase the monthly minimum wage to 50 K , not only parliamentarians deserve this

The high salary thing is used across the world as a means to potentially reduce temptation and corruption. That doesn't mean a government seat should be the equivalent of a lottery ticket, but if a person is given a position of responsbility and representation in government, the reward should reflect that.

PhD or BA pass shouldn't really matter in this case, politicians are not selected on merit, rather on popularity.

poodinay keh riasat ka kiyaam----------

while assad umer is crying that the govt dont have money to pay bills-------

PTI-------is same liers, crooks, and thiefs, like nawaja ghadari

what happen to this slogan" If kaptaan is great then his team would be great"

کپتان ٹھیک ہو تو ساری ٹیم ٹھیک ہو جاتی ہے

Kaptaan seem helpless infront of his team

54002542_2381392228540660_3110307988825440256_n.png

What the hell 80000 rupees is beyond a good wage in a country like Pakistan where food and other items are cheap I can pass a full year on 10,000 rupees why can't they manage with 80000. Only reason I can see for demanding a salary rise is wanting too splash a bit more in Islamabad

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom