What's new

PM Imran Khan vs Opposition No Confidence Vote- Updates and Discussion

Master stoke

• Right decision

• Wrong decision

• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now a NCM comes in KP, where PTI has been in power for two years, 2/3 majority, LG elections sweep.

Ab to coalition ka bahana bhi nhn hai, kitnay banday khareedo gay bhai?

If this many people floor cross, then they all will be disqualified, peechay kaun reh jaye ga phir?

And one gripe with Taimur Jhagra, name the guy who called you and offered you to change allegiance.
Those floor crossers and the "electibles" are the forefront of the establishment and as long as establishment exists, no harm can be done to them. They have to make or break a dozen more regimes to serve the bigger lord in the White House. Untill then they can live and are pardoned!

I've seen similar confidence in Imran Khan's electoral appeal from other Pakistanis here. But most recent polls (that can be googled) suggest that the united opposition is likely to have better numbers. Next election will be interesting for you guys, as well as for Indian observers
The most recent poll before all this drama on ending on 5th march shows PTI getting 142 seats out of 266 in elections and then 33-38 special seats so total 175-180.

The most recent poll before all this drama on ending on 5th march shows PTI getting 142 seats out of 266 in elections and then 33-38 special seats so total 175-180.
What is that? :what:

I've always believed that people will believe what they are predisposed to believe. So if they had a negative opinion about Imran to begin with, then they will reject his claim of foreign interference. But since you cite a recent election as direct evidence to the contrary, it is interesting. Let's see what happens in a few months when there is an eventual election (that I believe will happen) :cheers:
It depends. Pakistan is a strange place. We have a defunct constitution. Anything can happen in Pakistan unlike in mature democracies. Just day before yesterday, Supreme Court of Pakistan called a parliamentary session bulldozing he constitution and enforcing judicial Martial Law.

The elections are mostly rigged to favor establishment. For example, last elections would have given PTI a 2/3rd majority easily, but IK was given enough seats so that a future No Confidence Motion can be brought whenever establishment feels threatened by IK's popularity, or his decisions.

This is the reality which most of us (Pakistanis) try to reject accepting. However, it's time now to call a spade a spade.

It is possible that IK is hanged before he moves a lot of support in his favor. There is a precedent of such an action in the past. Even if somehow Imran Khan saves his life and participates in next elections (that is also a question mark if really there will be elections soon), he may be sidelined just like how Fatima Jinnah was kicked out of politics, or Mujeeb was given a middle finger, or Bhutto was assassinated by the judiciary despite having a lot of support in Pakistan.

IK's future is not looking good. He is gone in my opinion. Rejoice, specially you Indians, we may not see him again as a Prime Minister of Pakistan.

It is possible that IK is hanged before he moves a lot of support in his favor. There is a precedent of such an action in the past. Even if somehow Imran Khan saves his life and participates in next elections (that is also a question mark if really there will be elections soon), he may be sidelined just like how Fatima Jinnah was kicked out of politics, or Mujeeb was given a middle finger, or Bhutto was assassinated by the judiciary despite having a lot of support in Pakistan.

IK's future is not looking good. He is gone in my opinion. Rejoice, specially you Indians, we may not see him again as a Prime Minister of Pakistan.
You are evidently disappointed at the political development. It is not something that I see for the first time. Many folks go into depression when they are passionate about their political leader. Some of what you say is clearly a hyperbole. I can empathize :-)

About Indians rejoicing, there is something that Pakistanis may not have realized. The only reason why many Indians and Indian media is rooting against Imran Khan is because Imran has been critical about RSS/Modi. For such people, Imran's salvos are worse than attacking India itself. :laugh: For the rest of us though, there is nothing to love or hate about Imran. This political development in Pakistan is nothing more than a spectacle that Indians have not been able to witness locally since the late 90's at the national level. :happy:

You are evidently disappointed at the political development. It is not something that I see for the first time. Many folks go into depression when they are passionate about their political leader. Some of what you say is clearly a hyperbole. I can empathize :-)
I have proven my point with examples such as Bhutto, Fatima Jinnah and Mujeeb ur Rahman.

And no, I am not at all depressed. I am quite far from the whole process now. The outcome may not affect me, or my immediate family at all, although some of my friends who have stakes in Pakistan are really worried.

About Indians rejoicing, there is something that Pakistanis may not have realized. The only reason why many Indians and Indian media is rooting against Imran Khan is because Imran has been critical about RSS/Modi. For such people, Imran's salvos are worse than attacking India itself. :laugh: For the rest of us though, there is nothing to love or hate about Imran. This political development in Pakistan is nothing more than a spectacle that Indians have not been able to witness locally since the late 90's at the national level. :happy:
Whatever the reason, Indians are rejoicing, and rightly so. I don't know why every Indian has to explain himself and prove that he/ she is an outlier, or doesn't belong to the common breed.

It is also evident in your talk shows that host hyperactive hosts and guests to talk about Pakistan.

Last edited:
I have proven my point with examples such as Bhutto, Fatima Jinnah and Mujeeb ur Rahman.

And no, I am not at all depressed. I am quite far from the whole process now. The outcome may not affect me, or my immediate family at all, although some of my friends who have stakes in Pakistan are really worried.
I'm aware of this history already. But this was in a time when army was not shy of taking control of Pakistani politics. But after the departure of Musharraf, I see a change in Pakistani politics. Army may still want to have a say in certain important areas of national interest, but not interested in direct political leadership like in the past. So there is no need for executions anymore.

I don't mean to say that I know more about Pakistani politics than Pakistanis themselves. Just an impression that I have based on recent development. We'll see how things unfold. :-)

How our country was sold to Americans.

What business we're they doing meeting with people like Noor Alam Khan etc. Infact all the members who switched sides had multiple meetings with them. Countless meetings especially in March. 2-3 meetings per day.

Just compare the amount of meetings they had in one month with their usual normal pattern and we have the answer yet some stupid people even on this forum will justify how our country was auctioned.

Last edited:
Whatever the reason, Indians are rejoicing, and rightly so. I don't know why every Indian has to explain himself and prove that he/ she is an outlier, or doesn't belong to the common breed.

It is also evident in your talk shows that host hyperactive hosts and guests to talk about Pakistan.
I'm pretty mainstream in my opinions, but it does not matter. Really not shooting for a certificate of good behavior, so I'll leave it at that :laugh:

I'm aware of this history already. But this was in a time when army was not shy of taking control of Pakistani politics. But after the departure of Musharraf, I see a change in Pakistani politics. Army may still want to have a say in certain important areas of national interest, but not interested in direct political leadership like in the past. So there is no need for executions anymore.

I don't mean to say that I know more about Pakistani politics than Pakistanis themselves. Just an impression that I have based on recent development. We'll see how things unfold. :-)
You have very little idea how things happen there. You have probably witnessed a clean process of electing representatives in India or Canada, democracy in Pakistan is quite immature.

Can you believe that a person who has been sentenced can roam free? Only happens in Pakistan. More than that, a man who is on a bail with serious money laundering charges, who doesn't present himself to face the charges, is called by the judges of the highest court to ask about his wishes.. Only happens in Pakistan. A killer who ran away and declared a fugitive comes back to Pakistan to take part in NCM, and is received by the attorney general of a province? Only happens in Pakistan..

Man, you do know little about the place called Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom