What's new

PM Imran Khan vs Opposition No Confidence Vote- Updates and Discussion

Master stoke

• Right decision

• Wrong decision

• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mqm as usual trying to blackmail. They used to do this to PPP, always make threats to leave the coalition unless PPP gives assurance of next elections seats to MQM. In the next elections Mqm will have PTI, PSP, GDA and PPP to fight to keep their seats, they want guarantees. Sindhis should unite and move on from these old corrupt parties and vote either Pti or Psp, stop the hatred and unite as Pakistanis. Let their children have a violence free future.

I suspect with no Governor rule on the horizon, MQM probably realized that staying on the treasury means nothing happens in Karachi on account of PPP chokehold, thus the deal with the devil (i.e. PPP).

However, given how in-flux things are, I believe it is hard to speculate how these entities will vote. Given that a no-confidence vote has never succeeded in Pakistan, the government could offer incentives that may allow them to bring many of these coalition partners back into the fold.

For me, PTI is still the best option for Pakistan, but then maybe Pakistanis think otherwise thus the support for PML-N/PPP/MMA/JUI etc.

Rehman Dakait, Arshad Pappu, Uzair Baloch, woh sab bhool gaye yeh?

These guys were up each other's throats the past few months regarding the LG law, and now they expect them to play goodie goodie?

MQM wants rights for their people from the same goons who have been in power in Sindh since 15 years? Once bitten twice shy? 15 saal main jo nhn kia woh ab karain gay?

I wouldn't be surprised if PPP double crosses MQM after the no confidence vote.

MQM does have some genuine demands though, unlike PML-Q which is just selling themselves to the highest bidder. They want their people to be released and offices opened. But none of this can be done by a provincial government, nor even by the federal. It is the establishment's field.

Now, perhaps the establishment has given tacit approval to PPP and MQM that they will agree to these demands after NC, but not with PTI. Otherwise, I just don't see how PPP will do what PTI can't.

The only reason I see MQM going with PPP is to fight the next elections against PTI. Since it was PTI that took away MQM seats, not PPP. MQM + PPP alliance would give a tough time to PTI in Karachi.

The role of the establishment is interesting too.

BAP has gone one way, PML-Q another. MQM also seems to be going for the opposition.

Now:

1- Either the army has let these parties be free to do as they want.

2- They are out of control of the army

3- The army is playing a HUGE double game

4- They weren't under the control of the army to begin with.

Take your pick!

Moreover, PML-Q will be forced to think now as well. Do they stay with a sinking ship? What benefit could they get staying with the PTI? Or will they switch sides now all of a sudden, provided that all bridges haven't been burnt with the opposition (which I think have not).

Intersting times ahead, but whatever happens, this whole episode has laid bare the fragile and sham nature of democracy in our country.

Personal allegiances, selfish desires, and money are all that you need to topple a government for petty purposes. It's all a sham.

These guys were up each other's throats the past few months regarding the LG law, and now they expect them to play goodie goodie?

MQM wants rights for their people from the same goons who have been in power in Sindh since 15 years? Once bitten twice shy? 15 saal main jo nhn kia woh ab karain gay?

MQM does have some genuine demands though, unlike PML-Q which is just selling themselves to the highest bidder. They want their people to be released and offices opened. But none of this can be done by a provincial government, nor even by the federal. It is the establishment's field.

Now, perhaps the establishment has given tacit approval to PPP and MQM that they will agree to these demands after NC, but not with PTI. Otherwise, I just don't see how PPP will do what PTI can't.

The only reason I see MQM going with PPP is to fight the next elections against PTI. Since it was PTI that took away MQM seats, not PPP. MQM + PPP alliance would give a tough time to PTI in Karachi.

BAP has gone one way, PML-Q another. MQM also seems to be going for the opposition.

Now:

Take your pick!

Moreover, PML-Q will be forced to think now as well. Do they stay with a sinking ship? What benefit could they get staying with the PTI? Or will they switch sides now all of a sudden, provided that all bridges haven't been burnt with the opposition (which I think have not).

Intersting times ahead, but whatever happens, this whole episode has laid bare the fragile and sham nature of democracy in our country.

Personal allegiances, selfish desires, and money are all that you need to topple a government for petty purposes. It's all a sham.

Out of the 4 options regarding the Army what's your pick?

Now:

Take your pick!

Well, Quaid e Azam left Pakistanis two plots.. one was east open so they neglected and eventually lost it. The one they were told was west open they misunderstood and thought it meant open to the west so it’s in bad shape too.

That being said, similar horse trading happens in much older democracies and why Biden’s administration is considered a lame duck because they can’t get much done since Manchin or Sinema side with republicans because their requests for concessions aren’t met.

I think Imran Khan should announce the election date and break the parliament so that people can focus on fresh mandate

The tenure of 5 year is too long for Pakistani politics so it should be reduced to 4 years
That is too long as well.. I suggest hold elections every Friday after prayers.. and dissolve the assembly next Thursday night. This will fix this useless nation in less than a year.

Out of the 4 options regarding the Army what's your pick?

TBH, I am clueless about this at the moment.

Been a long time since I have been in the know about these things, and all I can take is a guess.

#2 is a long shot, and it can be any of the other 3. But if I were to bet, I would say #1. Free to do as they want, but with some conditions.

If he loses, Imran Khan should resign enmasse from the assemblies, and we go for new elections. PTI is at the highest stage of popularity in the past 2 years, and these loots will be forced to be at each other's throats yet again. PPP and PML will be against each other. PDM cannot fight the elections as a single platform.

Or, wait for another few months for the PDM government to unravel itself on it's own and the infighting starts. NS comes back, people wake up to his fraud sickness. But that's a long shot. Bari behis qaum hai hamari, and the media isn't going to be asking the tough questions to PML either. PML would give an election budget, no matter what the cost, people will again see some glitter in this budget (whose whole purpose would be to only win the elections, economy jaye bhar main), and perhaps win the elections.

That is why I think best choice is to resign from the assemblies within a month of losing the vote.

6amlwf.jpg
isn't that a slur though?

Well, Quaid e Azam left Pakistanis two plots.. one was east open so they neglected and eventually lost it. The one they were told was west open they misunderstood and thought it meant open to the west so it’s in bad shape too.

That being said, similar horse trading happens in much older democracies and why Biden’s administration is considered a lame duck because they can’t get much done since Manchin or Sinema side with republicans because their requests for concessions aren’t met.

Political maneuvering is fair game in politics. Give some, take some, have some concessions.

But this kind of blatant money grabbing and power munching, I don't think it happens anywhere to this extent.

The last option for IK after he loses, or even if wins, would be to make a judicial commission on the letter and lay bare the plot.

What a coincidence, when establishment is neutral all their paid polticians are gathering under one umbrella. Haha hum sab چ Hain Kia 🤣 ya roti naak main daltay Hain 😂🤥

Political maneuvering is fair game in politics. Give some, take some, have some concessions.

But this kind of blatant money grabbing and power munching, I don't think it happens anywhere to this extent.

The last option for IK after he loses, or even if wins, would be to make a judicial commission on the letter and lay bare the plot.
It’s usually better disguised and kept out of public eye but it does happen. The only difference is that when it is caught it does mean the end for that politician because it is considered unacceptable by the public.
That is the difference -
Pakistani accept such blatant lies and corruption because that is who they are. This nation has to accept this because only then will they look to fix it. Everyone blames the other one for being corrupt or criminal when in general most either are or know corrupt or bigoted or criminal people and accept them.

Pakistanis in majority are ok with bad people because they justify or hide their evil either due to ethnic nepotism or being in the same boat and unable to see guilt on their own corrupt actions. Which is also why they find it hard to accept and go onto tirades about conspiracy and hide behind a victim mentality.

IK will go, the new government will undo some decent moves and will give the establishment some new hardware and additional leeway in their business dealings. They will further sink the economy and shave off their cut but use artificial means to bring “prosperity” for a few months and Pakistanis will forget. The elite will continue to make their money and hold their extravagant lifestyle and will let in a few upper middle class business folk into their cadre. The remaining middle class will be ground down or leave Pakistan but since new ones will continue to be created to fill the gap.
The poor are irrelevant, you could kill 10 million of them and after two crocodile tears the same number will be back and Life will continue until it wont.

And that won’t isn’t going to be some massive crash or disaster but more like a car dying out on a desertification affected road due to global warming.

We continue to hope things change but the things are Pakistanis and it’s been 15 years on forums and a lifetime of seeing Pakistanis in all ethnicities, classes and sects.. all that I really count as change is connectivity and women’s clothing.

Pakistan is embarassing itself.
USA just wants to make an example out of Pakistan so no third world country ever dares to act sovereign again.

And after that US will favor india mostly

What urdu speaking masses never understood was MQM like it's ideological cousin, the PPP, was left leaning anti-Islam and anti-Pakistan party dominated by Shias and they were hoodwinked en masse into backing an alliance which was made to only harm their interest...

Today is yet another perfect illustration of MQM's raison d'etre...

Sindh is a Shia state and both PPP and MQM are keeping the status quo alive...and while the DHA real estate agents look the other way...

Pakistan is the only country on the face of the earth where the majority of it's population, institutions and authorities are actively working to undo it...
I don't think MQM's supporters are "anti-Pakistani" in any way. MQM also has nothing to do with Shia/Sunni play as it has avowedly been a secular party (like the PPP).

I know you are in a frustrated mood based on your posts, but realize that none of this is the end of the world. Even if PTI were to go into opposition, so what? They should learn from the mistakes and then get back in the office and not allow those mistakes to be repeated. If the people of Pakistan want more bounties from the likes of NS/AAZ, let them commit to that folly.

MQM is a pawn at the hands of the PPP because it has its hands tied by other powers. It can win a majority in Karachi but cannot even run KESE. It can send multiple members to PA and NA yet it cannot administer its own city from which it wins mandate given the changes in the LB laws by the provincial government. So MQM is doing what any small party would do for relevance and survival. Yet, I would still condemn it from not supporting the PTI if this turns out to be true.

By the way, on an interesting note, for the first time, a Punjab, KP based government is realizing the chokehold applied on Karachi from the interior of Sind. This is the reason that IK/PTI cannot give anything to MQM in terms of assurances.

Back
Top Bottom