What's new

PM Imran Khan vs Opposition No Confidence Vote- Updates and Discussion

Master stoke

• Right decision

• Wrong decision

• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
It’s usually better disguised and kept out of public eye but it does happen. The only difference is that when it is caught it does mean the end for that politician because it is considered unacceptable by the public.
That is the difference -
Pakistani accept such blatant lies and corruption because that is who they are. This nation has to accept this because only then will they look to fix it. Everyone blames the other one for being corrupt or criminal when in general most either are or know corrupt or bigoted or criminal people and accept them.

Pakistanis in majority are ok with bad people because they justify or hide their evil either due to ethnic nepotism or being in the same boat and unable to see guilt on their own corrupt actions. Which is also why they find it hard to accept and go onto tirades about conspiracy and hide behind a victim mentality.

Totally agree.

But perhaps the little flame of hope is that 15-20 years back, these same parties did not think it was any wrong to be corrupt, or be compulsive liars or loots. These days, they at least have to come up with some sort of an excuse, no matter how pointless or stupid that excuse is. There is SOME sort of a question, even if by 4 people out of a 1000. But still, we've just taken a couple of steps in this journey of a thousand of miles.

Take the example of the Sindh MNA chap who fled to the UAE. 10 years ago, he would have landed in Islamabad calmly, cast his vote, and then f****** off back to the UAE, no questions asked. At least he is getting SOME resistance now.

IK will go, the new government will undo some decent moves and will give the establishment some new hardware and additional leeway in their business dealings. They will further sink the economy and shave off their cut but use artificial means to bring “prosperity” for a few months and Pakistanis will forget. The elite will continue to make their money and hold their extravagant lifestyle and will let in a few upper middle class business folk into their cadre. The remaining middle class will be ground down or leave Pakistan but since new ones will continue to be created to fill the gap.
The poor are irrelevant, you could kill 10 million of them and after two crocodile tears the same number will be back and Life will continue until it wont.

This is the sad story of this country. We get easily impressed by the short term glitters, and the media does have a defining role in that process as well.

Oh well, we'll just keep on ranting in forums I guess.

Imran Khan does have an opportunity now to get on board the idealistic and grassroot workers of his party on tickets, and fight the elections with the genuine PTI worker and win with an overwhelming majority. But is that only a pipe dream? Or will this country actually wake up? Time will tell.

By the way, on an interesting note, for the first time, a Punjab, KP based government is realizing the chokehold applied on Karachi from the interior of Sind. This is the reason that IK/PTI cannot give anything to MQM in terms of assurances.

Should be evidently clear to everyone now why PPP does not want to let go of Karachi by way of a new administrative unit or province.

Their influence would be reduced to no man's land.

Last edited:
Totally agree.

But perhaps the little flame of hope is that 15-20 years back, these same parties did not think it was any wrong to be corrupt, or be compulsive liars or loots. These days, they at least have to come up with some sort of an excuse, no matter how pointless or stupid that excuse is. There is SOME sort of a question, even if by 4 people out of a 1000. But still, we've just taken a couple of steps in this journey of a thousand of miles.

Take the example of the Sindh MNA chap who fled to the UAE. 10 years ago, he would have landed in Islamabad calmly, cast his vote, and then f****** off back to the UAE, no questions asked. At least he is getting SOME resistance now.

This is the sad story of this country. We get easily impressed by the short term glitters, and the media does have a defining role in that process as well.

Oh well, we'll just keep on ranting in forums I guess.

Imran Khan does have an opportunity now to get on board the idealistic and grassroot workers of his party on tickets, and fight the elections with the genuine PTI worker and win with an overwhelming majority. But is that only a pipe dream? Or will this country actually wake up? Time will tell.

Should be evidently clear to everyone now why PPP does not want to let go of Karachi by way of a new administrative unit or province.

Their influence would be reduced to no man's land.

I just don’t understand how an interior Sind party PPP has such a grasp on a city that’s 30% of the population in that state and those people allow themselves to be subjected. Only thing I see is Pakistanis are individual worshippers than looking out for the greater good of the country, by way of shooting on self in the foot.

I just don’t understand how an interior Sind party PPP has such a grasp on a city that’s 30% of the population in that state and those people allow themselves to be subjected. Only thing I see is Pakistanis are individual worshippers than looking out for the greater good of the country, by way of shooting on self in the foot.

It's simple. They have the provincial government.

Everything is for sale, even the countries when $$$ are at play. You just had to set the right price. I don’t think total cost of regime change in Pakistan was more than $50 million for the foreign govts. Even lobbyist charge more than that in US.

If we realize that Karachi is 100% controlled by PPP we can figure out why MQM would want to keep PPP happy.

After the 18th Amendment Karachi is basically little more than the capital of Sindhudesh. People in Karachi are banned from federal and provincial jobs. There is hardly any local government. Everything is in the control of the Sindh government.

Security in the city is also not in the control of people in the city. In other countries police is managed by city governments. In Karachi it is under the Sindh government. Most policemen are from outside the city.

The rangers and military are also from outside the city. The military obviously fully backs Zardari and PPP.

If you live in Karachi you feel a sense of helplessness and threat. You’re at the mercy of others who don’t hesitate to use violence.

Meanwhile PTI says they can’t do anything because of the existing system. A year or two ago a founding senior member of PTI resigned saying that PTI is not doing anything for Karachi.

In such circumstances MQM has a lot more to lose if they piss off Zardari than Imran Khan. If PTI and the federal government had a powerful presence in Karachi it might have been different.

Waziristan Zindabad!

Let Waziris and Maseeds flood Karachi.

Bye Bye Pakistan. It was nice knowing you, unfortunately the people inside this beautiful country are its own biggest enemies.

Time to switch teams.

Last edited:
TBH, I am clueless about this at the moment.

Been a long time since I have been in the know about these things, and all I can take is a guess.

#2 is a long shot, and it can be any of the other 3. But if I were to bet, I would say #1. Free to do as they want, but with some conditions.

If he loses, Imran Khan should resign enmasse from the assemblies, and we go for new elections. PTI is at the highest stage of popularity in the past 2 years, and these loots will be forced to be at each other's throats yet again. PPP and PML will be against each other. PDM cannot fight the elections as a single platform.

Or, wait for another few months for the PDM government to unravel itself on it's own and the infighting starts. NS comes back, people wake up to his fraud sickness. But that's a long shot. Bari behis qaum hai hamari, and the media isn't going to be asking the tough questions to PML either. PML would give an election budget, no matter what the cost, people will again see some glitter in this budget (whose whole purpose would be to only win the elections, economy jaye bhar main), and perhaps win the elections.

That is why I think best choice is to resign from the assemblies within a month of losing the vote.

I’m of the same option but was leaning on #2 the amount of Anti-Army rant and no blow back shows some things have slipped from its grips. They can’t control the monsters they’ve created.

As for your 2nd point I’m in agreement elections should be held while he has the momentum and things are fresh in peoples mind.

ye woh dunya ki wahid randi jamaat hay jiska jitna merzi rape karo ye wapis aap ke paas he ayege lol

even with mqmp against govt, game is not over yet

There is still a possibility, just by any chance if lightning strikes and kills a few PPP, PMLN, or MQM parliamentarians, or if somehow some of these mofos slip and fall and get their limbs broken then they won't be able to cast their votes, just saying it

Waisay laanat on MQM style of politics. They bled the city white. They demand vote from the same city, stab it and then do politics. Not just that, they are accomplices of the robber (PPP) which has deprived the city of development funds. And they are happy to be in bed with the robber whenever it suits them.

If Imran Khan loses this vote, he will not be able to win elections again. The gang of thieves with a partisan election commission will make sure Imran Khan never wins the election.

This is a fight for the survival of the country now. Its not just my choice of vote and which party I vote for. Its either the gang of thieves - JUI (F*ck), PMLN, PPP, MQM or Pakistan survival. Future of Pakistan and this band of thieves is mutually exclusive.

Back
Top Bottom