What's new

PM Imran Khan calls for removal of sanctions on Iran

Aspen

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Prime Minister Imran Khan, in an interview with The Associated Press on Monday called for lifting of sanctions on Iran to enable it to combat coronavirus.

In a call for action from the international community, Prime Minister Imran Khan said it was time to end U.S. sanctions on Iran, where one of the worst coronavirus outbreaks in the world has unfolded.

Iran has struggled to respond in part because of crippling sanctions imposed by the Trump administration.

Khan further added that Iran is a “classic example” of a place where the humanitarian imperative to contain the outbreak outweighs political rivalries or economic dogmas.

The prime minister said he fears the new coronavirus will devastate the economies of developing nations and warned richer economies to prepare to write off the debts of the world’s poorer countries.

“It’s not just Pakistan. I would imagine the same in India, in the subcontinent, in African countries,” the prime minister said, referring to the virus, “If it spreads, we will all have problems with our health facilities. We just don’t have that capability. We just don’t have the resources.”

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/44...fting-sanctions-on-Iran-to-combat-coronavirus

Sanctions against Iran that prevent badly-needed medical supplies and also oil sales are really unjust. The problem is why the rest of the world comply with it? If anything can be learned from these sanctions, we can clearly see the rest of the world are cowering and afraid of Trump and the what the powers that be will do. If you want to be a free country like Iran, Turkey, Venezuela, Cuba, Russia, DPRK, or China, there is really a price to be paid for that independence.

Sanctions against Iran that prevent badly-needed medical supplies and also oil sales are really unjust. The problem is why the rest of the world comply with it? If anything can be learned from these sanctions, we can clearly see the rest of the world are cowering and afraid of Trump and the what the powers that be will do. If you want to be a free country like Iran, Turkey, Venezuela, Cuba, Russia, DPRK, or China, there is really a price to be paid for that independence.

Hopefully US admin can have some sense knocked into them in next two weeks when US death toll passes Iran and then they will realize what kind of damage they have caused in Iran if US gov't has any ounce of moral fiber left.

Even Pakistan and India have enough backbone to put aside their hostilities and help each other out after natural disasters like earthquakes and other times of crisis.

I would never forgive a person that cannot make a compromise for humanitarian reasons.

Last edited:
Stop being a Yank apologist, do you work for the state department, maybe you are Alice Wells, you sound like her.
I am not being a Yank apologist, I am pointing out a serious development in Iraq which have further escalated tensions between US and Iran. Killing American soldiers will not solve Iranian problems with USA - only worsen the crisis for Iran at large.

Numerous Iranians are fed up with priorities of Iranian regime. FYI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_Iranian_protests

Please tell me how Iranian militia politics is helpful to its situation in the Middle East and elsewhere? They even recruited Pakistani national to serve their nefarious ends in Syria. FYI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liwa_Zainebiyoun

I am Alice Wells? You must be Ayatollah Khamenei.

Stop making excuses for Iran.

Yes, fight against COVID-19 takes priority over everything else, but Iran has to show flexibility in its international dealings in the process. Imran Khan is too naive in assessing global dynamics as of late.

PM Imran is an idiot and keep himself out of Iran - US conflict.

Don't you think you should be bit more respectful calling names to an elected PM of a country. You have got every right to disagree and that's a freedom of expression but one mustn't forget manners.
On top of it don't have you got any humanity left in you while people are dying due to lack of medicines and people are playing politics. We may not agree with others on many things but no one should be allowed to play with anyone's lives especially the innocents ones.

I am not being a Yank apologist, I am pointing out a serious development in Iraq which have further escalated tensions between US and Iran. Killing American soldiers will not solve Iranian problems with USA - only worsen the crisis for Iran at large.

Numerous Iranians are fed up with priorities of Iranian regime. FYI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_Iranian_protests

Please tell me how Iranian militia politics is helpful to its situation in the Middle East and elsewhere? They even recruited Pakistani national to serve their nefarious ends in Syria. FYI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liwa_Zainebiyoun

Yes, fight against COVID-19 takes priority over everything else, but Iran has to show flexibility in its international dealings in the process. Imran Khan is too naive in assessing global dynamics as of late.

OK, but you are word for word, verbatim the state department, definitely a bit fishy.

OK, but you are word for word, verbatim the state department, definitely a bit fishy.
I can say the same thing about you. You have connections with Iranian regime or something?

I have every right to express my views about global developments, and voice my disagreements with the PM of Pakistan over any statement I find to be in poor judgement. He is the only politician whom I have voted twice.

Iran - US conflict is not our issue, period.

Last edited:
We can support Iranians to get out of sanctions as long as they back away from supporting Northern Alliance thugs in Afghanistan.

We have our own problems with Iran, and they are very serious. Then again so does every one of their neighbors.

I can say the same thing about you. You have connections with Iranian regime or something?

I have every right to express my views about global developments, and voice my disagreements with the PM of Pakistan over any statement I find to be in poor judgement. He is the only politician whom I have voted twice.

Iran - US conflict is not our issue, period.

Yeah but everything you say, is virtually inextricably close to the US point of view, on everything.

And the US is not our friend, in fact in many ways it is hostile. I am sure you would agree.

PM Imran is an idiot and keep himself out of Iran - US conflict.

Yep, you definitely sound like Alice Wells, why are you snooping on pdf?

We can support Iranians to get out of sanctions as long as they back away from supporting Northern Alliance thugs in Afghanistan.

We have our own problems with Iran, and they are very serious. Then again so does every one of their neighbors.
We have our problems with India and Afghanistan too and Iran could help us solve them.

Thank you Prime Minister Imran Khan and thank you Pakistan.
roeV61w.jpg

Yeah but everything you say, is virtually inextricably close to the US point of view, on everything.

And the US is not our friend, in fact in many ways it is hostile. I am sure you would agree.
If you follow my posts closely, you will notice that I do not support US in numerous topics. Very recent example: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/aura...sy-and-consulates.657009/page-5#post-12154655

My bashing of Iran has nothing to do with USA (honestly), it is about reckless Iranian militia politics and the threat this menace posit to other Islamic countries, and is also a test of Pakistan's relationship with Arab countries who have helped Pakistan through thick and thin in our difficult times. Arab leaders might be guilty of giving medals to Modi lately (I disagree with this decision in personal capacity), but I am sure they have their reasons for whatever decisions they make.

Of-course, US is not our friend. Read this post as in how I perceive the world at large: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/dow-...gle-day-loss-ever.657179/page-2#post-12153816

- brutally honest view.

Perhaps I am paranoid to an extent but I notice a Global decline in morality and tolerance which does not bode well for the humanity at large. Allah Almighty does not pick and choose among us in regards to whom to penalize for being mischievous.

Pakistan must rebuild its economy and strive for an independent foreign policy. For this end, WE need to have a realistic view of every country out there and not buy into narratives of any other state out there.

There is good and bad to every notable country. No country is perfect and Pakistan also have its fair share of mistakes. WE should not be unnecessarily Anti-American or Anti-Iran or Anti-Russia or Anti-(any state) in our political views. I do have a realistic take of American capabilities nevertheless, and every Pakistani should in my books. This isn't to say that WE toe their line in every move.

I am also of the view that a fellow Pakistani should not question loyalty-aspect of another Pakistani. This is not constructive and rather damaging to our bonding. Pakistani are very diverse people in real life - and this is the beauty of our national character. Diversity is a source of strength and is very important for critical discourse in all walks of life. WE will never learn from our mistakes otherwise.

You have every right to disagree with my views.

Yep, you definitely sound like Alice Wells, why are you snooping on pdf?
:confused:

Back
Top Bottom