What's new

PM Erdogan: Islamophobia should be a crime against humanity

It's a elephant headed guy (not gal) -- called Vinayaka -- and a blissful Vinayaka Chaturthi (a festival we are celebrating right now) to you :yu:
And I noticed you didn't burn an embassy....kudos. (I am not that familiar with your religion...but consider it interesting...as it is one of the few "old style" still practiced....go back in history long enough...and most would have had similar beliefs)

And I noticed you didn't burn an embassy....kudos. (I am not that familiar with your religion...but consider it interesting...as it is one of the few "old style" still practiced....go back in history long enough...and most would have had similar beliefs)

Not just interesting, but fun as hell even. Sex is not a sin, boozing is not a sin, you dont need to be celibate, you have dozens of festivals each year, each celebrated in an unique way.

And the next on calender is Dussehra which is coming in October...9 days of divinity and fun.

Not just interesting, but fun as hell even. Sex is not a sin, boozing is not a sin, you dont need to be celibate, you have dozens of festivals each year, each celebrated in an unique way.

And the next on calender is Dussehra which is coming in October...9 days of divinity and fun.

Ever read the "Cartoon History of the Universe"? it postulates that one of the ways hinduism beat out Buddaism in India is by by promoting the whole "get laid" angle.

Ever read the "Cartoon History of the Universe"? it postulates that one of the ways hinduism beat out Buddaism in India is by by promoting the whole "get laid" angle.

Haha thats not true. Even Buddhism doesnt say getting laid is a sin. Only taking of life is prohibited in Buddhism, creating one is fine ;)

The reasons (afaik) why Buddhism lost out to Hinduism :

1) Buddhism actually became what it set out to reform in Brahmanism (hinduism as it was called then)..That the power was concentrated in a few elite monks who started dominating the affairs of the state indirectly by influencing the king. So this caused a friction between the religious and the ruling elite.

In those days the religion which the people followed depended largely on what their king followed. And once the kings gave up patronage to Buddhism because the monks (and monasteries) were becoming too interfering and went back to patronising Hinduism. So once the allegince of the king changed, that of the people changed too as the King was seen as the foremost person in the region.

2) Resurgence of Hindu saints who started having public discourses with the Buddhist monks and defeating them, thus gaining followers once again. Note that Buddhism gained traction earlier the same way. Learned Buddhist monks defeated the brahmin scholars and convinced the population to embrace Buddhism.

3) Lord Buddha was himself co-opted into Hinduism as one of the avatars (re-incarnations) of Lord Vishnu. A clever ploy which the Muslims too tried in trying to co-opt Jesus and Moses as their Prophets too !

But still vast majority of the Hindus consider Buddhism to be their sister faith arising from the same land as theirs and respect it.

Before 1948 fpr over 1,000 years Jews/Christians lived in peace in Muslim lands. In fact many fled Christian Europe and sought refuge in Ottoman Turkey or Muslim Morrocco. Where was the so called perpetual conflict between Jews and Muslims than?
I don't know about perpetual conflict but the "before 1948 Jews/Christians lived in peace in Muslims lands" is a gross and too often deliberate display of misleading ignorance. The system was one of mere tolerance. If there had been any Jews left in Pakistan before the film was made, we can all be sure there would have been no Jews remaining afterward - indeed, I wonder how much longer the Christians will be tolerated.

This can be made a crime, lobbying has to be done in Parliaments across Europe and the West and this will become criminalized.

No, rest of the world is not infidels to us. Islam, Christianity and Judaism share the same root and are Abrahamic faiths. In Islam Christian's and Jews are called "Ahl al-Kitab" or "people of the book".

The term infidels is reserved for athiests, polytheists, Hindus etc. So please stop lumping Islam in one corner and rest of the world in another. The reality is more nuanced.

Lot of the issues you are bringing up is politics being expressed through religion. It is somewhat akin to the Catholic/Protestant conflict in Norther Ireland.

It never was a religious conflict. It was between unionists [ most of whom were derived from the English/Scot settlers in Ireland ] and the 'native' Irish. It so happened that the settlers were Protestant and the 'natives' were Catholic.

I guess what I am saying is the root of Muslim hostility is Isreal. Had the Jewish settlers been Rastafarian and their sponsors in the West [ USA - Western Europe ] been Ba'hai than this hostility would still exist but towards those groups.

Before 1948 fpr over 1,000 years Jews/Christians lived in peace in Muslim lands. In fact many fled Christian Europe and sought refuge in Ottoman Turkey or Muslim Morrocco. Where was the so called perpetual conflict between Jews and Muslims than?

And finally let me make this clear to you. To a Muslim a Christian, a Jew is a fellow person of the book. Hindu etc however are infidels.

Oh ok. Thanks for clarifying. I guess that inasmuch as Muslims just regard Hindus etc as infidels , the irony is that the rest of the world does regard Muslims as infidels and their Prophet as a false Prophet and their God as a fake God (I don't !! Just my observation !). I mean how else would you place a coptic Christian making mockery movie together with a Jew about the Muslim Prophet and God? And how else would you define the current conflict in the ME? It would seem that whilst you try to butter your bread with the Abrahamic faiths, they resent and reject you ?

N

And finally let me make this clear to you. To a Muslim a Christian, a Jew is a fellow person of the book. Hindu etc however are infidels.

Read about 1936–1939 Arab revolt in Palestine .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom