What's new

Please support Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reasons I hate Imran Khan:

The ideals that he stands for will isolate Pakistan diplomatically.

His unconditional support of a corrupt ex judge.

His support for mullahs.

TI is a one man show, there is no democracy within the party.

His behavior on national TV is highly questionable. The way he debates with his opponents is unacceptable.

His childish views on WOT, economy and free judiciary. He would be disastrous for Pakistan.

His support for mullahs.

His behavior on national TV is highly questionable. The way he debates with his opponents is unacceptable.

His childish views on WOT, economy and free judiciary. He would be disastrous for Pakistan.
These accusations have no basis. If you ask Imran Khan he will reject it. You will struggle hard to find any quote of his which puts him in the group of supporters of terror.

These are just the run of the mill propaganda that is being propagated to sideline a very vocal opponent. The truth is, he is not corrupt, he is well educated, he has targeted the right issue - the issue of justice, he does not support one judge, but the entire disbarred judiciary the one judge is just a symbol.

He is only disastrous for corrupt feudal lords and military dictators.

two days back, when I saw donors count on pti website..it was at 538 members..and today it is 545. So this new idea is doing well for tehreek-e-insaaf :).

P.S I managed to convince my dad today so make it 546 ;)

two days back, when I saw donors count on pti website..it was at 538 members..and today it is 545. So this new idea is doing well for tehreek-e-insaaf :).

P.S I managed to convince my dad today so make it 546 ;)
two days ago when I saw it, it was 533.

Remember this makes you official PTI karkun and donors!

Who is a liberal?[/B]

“If you wish to converse with me”, Voltaire said, “Define your terms”. Pakistan is a funny country where we excel at changing the meaning of the words to use them for our own benefit. Business is now the equivalent of fraud and scams. Intelligence is the ability to lie and cheat. Integrity and honesty are equivalent to naivety and foolishness. Politics is just another name for raw, crude and naked opportunism.

As a result we have politicians claiming religion and espousing policies totally anathema to it and liberals who don’t know what liberalism means. First of all it is a matter of context, the term liberal in a university setting could mean different than when used in a talk show or political rally.

Mr. Najam Sethi has taken a swipe at Imran Khan for lambasting the “liberals” in his speech at the Rawalpindi Bar on March 7th. Mr. Sethi forgot to mention that Imran Khan also lambasted Maulana Fazal ur Rehman by name, and other politicians who pedal religion in general. Leaving that aside for a moment, lets delve into who is a liberal and what it means to be a liberal.

A liberal, according to Alan Wolfe, is some one who stands for personal freedom, rule of law, free but responsible markets, mutual toleration and equal concern for all. Even the most disgruntled critics of Imran Khan have to agree that he and his party, PTI, are most law abiding, peaceful and not having any goon squads. He has shown equal concern for all, including the missing persons, abused women and minorities.

Please some one explain how can any one call themselves liberal when they are rooting for killing “terrorists of Lal Masjid” without affording them due process of law? How can one call themselves liberal and support indiscriminate aerial bombing against one’s own countrymen? No matter what their crimes, they all deserve their day at the court to defend themselves. A state cannot react to vigilante squads by engaging in vigilante behavior itself. Rule of law must be upheld, and that is what Imran Khan has supported.

Please some one further explain that how can anyone call themselves liberal while supporting the most rightwing conservative policies of the Bush neocons? The same policies and wars that were opposed by true liberals in all Western countries. What would you call George Calloway, Imran Khans’ biggest supporter in UK? Or Barak Obama?
Mr. Sethi, I think a rethink is on. Please do not equate supporting US policies with liberalism. Just like Islam is being misused by the Al-Qaida and their ilk for their purposes, Liberalism is being misused by the Maghrebzadehs.

I can understand your and other journalist’s confusion regarding Imran Khan. He cannot be labeled and pigeon holed because he is his own man. He ponders over an issue and takes a stand based on what he thinks is right. It might be right of center some time and left of center at other times. It might be politically incorrect at the time as well.

The reason that Imran Khan is still popular with the liberals is because they recognize that he is a true liberal at heart. Like Mohammad Ali Jinnah, whose politics was principle based and issue oriented. Like Allama Iqbal, whose interpretation of Islam earned him fatwa of kufr. That is why he is popular with liberals like me because his politics is based on right and wrong, not right and left.
By: Khawar Shamsul Hassan

Orlando, Florida, USA

now its gonna be a very hard task to convinces a delusional imran khan supporter at this stage when the dude is in "opposition".

It is ridiculous to presume he is with the Indians.
no one is claiming that he is "with" the indians. what i have said earlier that he is a "pro" indian poodle who is really scared to say anything truthful aganist indians. 3/3 is the prime example when he was hampering "tamil tigers" as main foreigner element suspects and he never named india or even if he did he backed out big time. But he never hesitates to label any sabotage activities in pakistan with "CIA" link. also if you have ever watched his interviews or talk shows in india 2-3 years ago he was nothing but begging indians for "PEACE" in a submissive manner. Musharraf past mistakes aside but we need a leader who can classify Pakistan's enemies, go to their soil and over dose those delusional pathological lairs with factual pills (Musharraf latest interview in india is the prime example). please do note that i am no longer a musharraf supporter and my opinion is rather from a neutral observer.

Pakistan has done some pretty glaring human rights violations. He is against that. Imagine if your human rights were violated in Pakistan, wouldn't you want someone who would be on your side for a change?
Which democratic party not just in pakistan but all over the world does not have "human rights agenda" though its a another case for implementation. i am not accusing him for not working for human rights but my support for him dramatically fell when i found out that he has been working close hands in hands with anti-military wings and the names are very obvious if you are aware any of that. Asma Jahangir, Ayesha Jangir are prime example. you will be amazed how much of a political stance they have and what biased hippocrates they are. i would have been much much statisfied if these idiots were even some where close to Abdul Sattar Edhi and not just seeking attention in media and lips serving the awam and sending a awful image abroad.

Also not true. He is a moderate, all his party members are well educated moderates. Just because he opposes the outright carpet bombardment of tribal areas does not automatically mean he will support those elements fighting against the interest of Pakistan.
I thank god that Imran khan was not the president of pakistan in 2002. but i dough he would have done anything like what he says today even his common sense would have forced him to cooperate with the americans.

You don't have to be maniacally anti-Indian to be pro-Pakistani.
on a civilian to civilian base its perfectly normal to be pro indian and be pro pakistan as i myself have indian friends but remember.... he is suppose to be the leader of the country and pak india friendship just can not happen or else their would have been no point of our independence from india and i am not saying we should be hard core anti-indians..

He doesn't but he supports the movement of Justice that is shared by Nawaz as well. Majority of Pakistanis support Nawaz Sharif.

:rolleyes: now come on... Chief justice Iftekar choudry is in his mouth 24/7 and oh just to remind you it will never be a "independent judicery" because now its for sure that they have a 100% political stance with PMLN and their supporters such as PTI. And CJ IC movement is the biggest joke ever to happen in pakistan history...

Again he is supportive of the deposed judiciary. Something which the majority of Pakistanis support.

the majority of pakistan also supported PPP.... what BS... mann... i care less what the majority thinks because after all the politicians along with media has been dictating the awam... and all i have to say.. what the fudge is this up with this current judiciary movement.. i mean are these politicians forgetting that these same judges took oath from MUSHARRAF who legitimized his rule for 5-6 years until something like lightening stuck them and realized that he is a dictator?? do you even know that these same judges were put to the top post... they happily worked under musharraf until 2007!

Last edited:

His support for mullahs.

he is a man of principle and believes in pursuing pakistans interests if that isolates us then so be it. ur busharraf suppourted funded and trained the taliban imran sed there should of been develpment not war in the tribal areas. when he came on geo to show mqm murdered innocents in karachi they bought pictures of his daughter his behavoius was fine u had no facts just baseless BS

Well i think Imran Khan should be given a chance specially because unlike all the other thugs that we have and who take their approval from the US embassy in Islamabad, he is a man of honor and have strictly stuck to his decision regarding WOT.

Well i think Imran Khan should be given a chance specially because unlike all the other thugs that we have and who take their approval from the US embassy in Islamabad, he is a man of honor and have strictly stuck to his decision regarding WOT.

I am afraid Imran Khan will turn into another Nawabzada Nasrullah Khan, popular but in only a minority of people, with hi one seat and looking ggod but always in the opposition. The problem is that to date we have not chosen anyone, who has a vested interest in Pakistan alone. We have always had leaders imposed on us with the masters approval. In this setup Imran Khan will never get elected. he is also not a politician, therefore he cannot negotiate with our current thugs. he might get somewhere on the back of some maj0r party, but with his confrontational nature, he is unlikely to ever be given the reigns to run this country.
My 2 paisas worth
Araz

I think he can get 10-15 seats in next Elections and he should make an alliance with PML-N...

This is the only way to get him in power..

I am afraid Imran Khan will turn into another Nawabzada Nasrullah Khan, popular but in only a minority of people, with hi one seat and looking ggod but always in the opposition. The problem is that to date we have not chosen anyone, who has a vested interest in Pakistan alone. We have always had leaders imposed on us with the masters approval. In this setup Imran Khan will never get elected. he is also not a politician, therefore he cannot negotiate with our current thugs. he might get somewhere on the back of some maj0r party, but with his confrontational nature, he is unlikely to ever be given the reigns to run this country.
My 2 paisas worth
Araz

You are spot on with your assessment sir. Too bad our people, masses i am talking about still cherish people who left Pakistan in nothing but bankrupted state and chaos and live their lives in enjoyment oversees and when out of money decide to return to loot some more and our people turn them into a hero and those who have actually done something for the country are turned into zero. How pathetic and sad.:frown:

I always admired Imran Khan as a cricket legend and because of all his social work. Even some of his political views specially his constant struggle to unite the students and youth of Pakistan for the betterment of our future tomorrow. but yesterday when the Army started its operation in Buner, he came out with a very weird statement that the Army is starting another chapter of killing 'Innocent civilians'.

Is he not aware that the people trying to take over Buner are the same people who're threatening our sovereignty? So if sending the army isn't the solution, what does Imran Khan suggests? Peace-deals? Muzakaraats? We're already seeing how much the TTP are fond of keeping their peace-deals intact.

Imran Khan should be CRYSTAL clear about his views on various issues in Pakistan. Until he does that, he will not be recognized by the common man as anyone influential.

why should i support ik??.he is a supporter of taliban..his behaviour on television is so bad...na he got nothing.ti is totally a one man show...

OK, Lets see what he can do;). I am fed-up with such type of existing politics. They all have personal interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom