What's new

PLA's Type 052D destroyers can beat Vietnam's Su-22s: report

Don't derail too much please.
Focus on how to track enemy mobile radar system, ok?
do you think Vietnam is newbie of electronic warfare while they faced it since 1960s ?

Come on, It is you who mentions the case in 1970s', I just remind you that the war at that time was complete different to the war today. You need to be prepared for all these potential ways that I pointed out to you.

Focus on how to destroy enemy mobile radar system, ok?
Do you mean that the Chinese measurements I just mentioned to you are irrelevant to bombing the radar systems?

do you think Vietnam is newbie of electronic warfare while they faced it since 1960s ?
If you are talking about a battle at the technology level of 1960s or 1970s, you are definitely a master on it (but you also need to say thanks to your Chinese or Russian teachers) !

But if you are talking about electronic warfare today, especially when you want to run such fight against China, sorry, you are a new baby!

Oh, please do tell what kind of datalink pod is that, because as far as I know if Su-22 is to carry and fire Kh-59 it already needs to carry APK-9 datalink pod just for the weapon alone. So are you saying it is carrying another datalink pod to communicate with other Su-30, if it is, what kind of data pod is that?

There're many pods with different function could be mounted onto Su-22,
See one of them

But if you are talking about electronic warfare today, especially when you want to run such fight against China, sorry, you are a new baby!

How new ?

There're many pods with different function could be mounted onto Su-22,
See one of them

How new ?
as new as Thailand or Philippines :)

Or, can you tell me if your country could make the small radars installed on SU22; or the ground radars in your country, what is the portion of domestically-made vs. imports?

You forget the result of China search job "FOUND NOTHING"
that's because the flight flew to the Indian Ocean! It is a flight headed to China, so the immediate reaction is that the jet should be at some place between China and Malaysia, i.e. the South China sea. Anything wrong here?

Maybe you could send you radar stations to the Indian Ocean to get rid of the Chinese satellites! Good try!:yahoo:

as new as Thailand or Philippines :)

Or, can you tell me if your country could make the small radars installed on SU22; or the ground radars in your country, what is the portion of domestically-made vs. imports?

that's because the flight flew to the Indian Ocean! It is a flight headed to China, so the immediate reaction is that the jet should be at some place between China and Malaysia, i.e. the South China sea. Anything wrong here?

Maybe you could send you radar stations to the Indian Ocean to get rid of the Chinese satellites! Good try!:yahoo:

So at last, China can't find it by their satellites ? or their satellites can work only in SCS?
Vietnam produced wholly domestic radar.

My point, Vietnam meet no problem to detect enemy large ships 400 km away from the Vietnam coast.

Last edited:
So at last, China can't find it by their satellites ? or their satellites can work only in SCS?

you know nothing about satellite:
  1. We have many satellites on the orbit. But it is still impossible for us to do a 24hour monitoring on all parts of the globe simultaneously. Even US doesn't have that capability today.
  2. What we could do is, in case we see a particular region that we need the newest satellite images, we could allocate our satellite move to that particular area.
  3. If we need a 24hr coverage, we will move more satellites to that particular area to ensure a seamless coverage.
  4. A seamless coverage on the entire Indian ocean is impossible. Because the ocean is too too big. But it would be different, if we only needs the images of a specified island on the Indian Ocean.
  5. Honestly, Indian Ocean has nothing to do with Vietnam. Given the limited size of your country, and the unfortunate fact to you that China could allocate sufficient satellites moving to Vietnam, you country could almost hide no secrets to China.

Good to know, congratulations to your country! Could you pls let me know more details of it? It is new to me. thanks.

BTW, you could make something, vs. you are the expert on it, that's completely two different things. We all could run, but none of us could join Olympics.

My point, Vietnam meet no problem to detect enemy large ships 400 km away from the Vietnam coast.

that is true at peaceful time, but wrong at war time!

I created a thread for showing China ability in tracking sea, air, land targets ... please join and share your knowledge there. Don't derail too much here.

I created a thread for showing China ability in tracking sea, air, land targets ... please join and share your knowledge there. Don't derail too much here.

that is not derail my friend. It is just a nature extension to the topic that you raised: it is system vs. system war today!
A knight vs. another knight, such days are gone forever!

To be fair, you did not disparager @gambit point other than claim you went on board US carrier and talking about how sailor on board that ship were in it for money rather than interest.

A point that dodgy at best as:

A.) We don't know you actually went aboard a US carrier you can claim whatever you say but at the end of the day, we can only take your word for it, which isn't really much.

B.) I had all access to US Navy asset and I personally know some O-5 or O-6 which command ships in the navy. And if you are a lifer, you need certain interest in the military hardware to be promoted to that point, I myself served 7 years in the Army. I knows the ins-outs of what I do and to be fair, the point "In it for money" is kinda invalid given the US Military pays less than Macdonald in the states (Or other commercial job). Do you even know how much I got pay and how much I can get if I did the same thing outside the US military circle? I got pay $6,500 a month (With benefit) as a Army O-3 and I can get a job twice to triple that outside...

7 years in army huh? That means you're volunteer and non~conscript. $6.5k in Army with free meals and living quarter already benefit you. Outside, what job can you do besides convenient store clerk or fast food cashier at less than half of what you're earning in US Army. You can cheat others that never explored US job market but not those who have seen some.

I can tell you the exact feel being in the hangar bay, flight deck and taking a ride on the high speed elevator. Yes, the military officers and generals of few countries including china that went aboard were impressed with the large carrier and the fiber feel materials applied on the f/a-18e/f. That's why China is trying to build new super carrier with maglev powered catapult launch.

You STILL do not know what you are talking about.

Pulse doppler is a COMPONENT of the whole radar signal, therefore, pulse doppler processing or radar is a component of a greater system, which usually mean a multi-modes or multi-capabilities system. When the pulse doppler mode is selected, the system reconfigure itself to seek out differences among many many many pulse doppler signals and extract the one and/or the few that matches a threshold.

I bet you do not understand a word I said above.

Anyway...It means any radar system, from the classical concave dish to planar slotted array to individual active modules, can have the pulse doppler processing mode/capability. It also mean that the pulse doppler mode is OPTIONAL. Pulse doppler processing is primarily data processing, not hardware. If a radar system is designed to be pulse doppler alone, it mean the computer, not the antenna/array, is purposely designed to process those doppler differences.

You do not even know the basic components of a radar signal and here you are telling me that an AESA signal will follow the curvature of the Earth ?

Do you want to know what kind of radar signals that can do the curve ? How about the really low freqs whose physical wavelengths are literally hundreds of meters in length and whose output is powerful enough to literally cook you from in the inside out ?

So is that what you are saying for the Chinese ships with Chinese designed AESA systems ? :lol:

You sure able to elaborate more on pulse doppler radar but only in general because you're not even an engineer. You're just another user aka pilot that flew the f111 and f16. If you had engineering background in radiology and waves, you won't be pilot in the 1st place. Your knowledge on AESA is also limited to general with little tech works if you studied further. Not the aAESA indepth actual performance and capability unless you get to operate a fighter for certain period utilizing its AESA fully.

Fyi, I never mentioned the type052d AESA could detect low flying aircraft at max detection range. My scenario was to launch advanced anti~ship missiles from high altitude and flee. With so many detection aid from AWACS, satellite uplink, nearby fighters, attacking aircraft approaching at 200ft will allow the type052d to use its hq9 long range SAMs.

No. Don't let emotion and need for win by any price in discussion overwhelmed our mind. that leads to derail topic and insult others.

Why 052D but not 052C can stop Su-22, could you define the logic in the article?

Because the 052d is the latest destroyer. India often picks on China's latest military inventory to pick on as if they wanted to attack china for being trader selling weapons to Pakistan. America been supplying weapons to Pakistan too but india didn't attack American's f16c block 50, Aim120c5/7 or aim9m? India seems to be hungry for spratlys petroleum mining. They probably felt threatened by recovered China~Vietnam close ties and could be responsible for posting su22 vs type052d articles.

Last edited:
7 years in army huh? That means you're volunteer and non~conscript. $6.5k in Army with free meals and living quarter already benefit you. Outside, what job can you do besides convenient store clerk or fast food cashier at less than half of what you're earning in US Army. You can cheat others that never explored US job market but not those who have seen some.

I can tell you the exact feel being in the hangar bay, flight deck and taking a ride on the high speed elevator. Yes, the military officers and generals of few countries including china that went aboard were impressed with the large carrier and the fiber feel materials applied on the f/a-18e/f. That's why China is trying to build new super carrier with maglev powered catapult launch.

lol, you are WAY off. And what you said shown you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT the US military.

7 years in army huh? That means you're volunteer and non~conscript

THERE ARE NO CONSCRIPT IN US MILITARY. US military is an all volunteer force.

$6.5k in Army with free meals and living quarter already benefit you. Outside, what job can you do besides convenient store clerk or fast food cashier at less than half of what you're earning in US Army

6.5k a month is WITH benefit. And no, you have to pay for your own food and lodging. Benefit means dress and other allowance and rental allowance (I rent off base lodging)

I am an Officer, O-3 Captain, in the US army, I have a Bachelor degree in International Relationship. I have 7 years working experience, so in the US, I will be of Lv 3 Data Security analyst salary level. National average $94320 per year. Which is about $7600/month (That's the mean level with 4-6 years experience, bear in mind I have 7) With bonus, I can find a job with 110k a year. Which make the month pays up to 9166 if I work commercially

Now, an O-3 Captain on the job pay is $5469 per month.

Now, you tell me which one pays better?

Most job I can get 105-110k for a level 3 data security technician. While I earn 60k in the Army.

Salary.com Salary Wizard- Do you know what you're worth?

2015 Military Pay Scale - For US Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard

You can cheat others that never explored US job market but not those who have seen some.

lol.........you are funny.

When I said US military pays less than Macdonald, of course I don't mean me, I meant people who are E1-E-3

E-1 to E-3 which is a recruit lv soldier which pays below US$1800 per month.
McDonald pays US$11 per hour (Although they claim to be 15/hr) Which means $1760 per month. Consider this, E-3 would have 2 years service, So it would be at least $40 bucks higher than the Basic McDonald Pays

I can tell you the exact feel being in the hangar bay, flight deck and taking a ride on the high speed elevator. Yes, the military officers and generals of few countries including china that went aboard were impressed with the large carrier and the fiber feel materials applied on the f/a-18e/f. That's why China is trying to build new super carrier with maglev powered catapult launch

Oh, you can tell me the exact feel being in the hanger bay?

Again, do I have to take your word for it? But Why I should tell you when I can show you??

_DSC0016_01.JPG

The first photo is my wife talking to a US Navy sailor in front of the Mk41 Launcher of a US Cruiser

As I said, I had all access on any US Navy ship, now, do you want to TELL me how a hanger feel?

edit: I took out my photo because I forgot to OPSEC censor the sailor

Last edited:
Good, just what PLAN need. What do you think about the larger type055 destroyer? For better surveillance of low flying air targets being Sachsen destroye

I don't have much info on my hand, news is that the first ship(s) have just begun construction not long ago.
Well you may inquire technical details in another thread, there's a sticky thread started by @cnleio about Type 055 DDG:
Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

I don't have much info on my hand, news is that the first ship(s) have just begun construction not long ago.
Well you may inquire technical details in another thread, there's a sticky thread started by @cnleio about Type 055 DDG:
Type 055 DDG News & Discussions
Type055 is a bigger 052D, install more VLS cells on board and new integrated X-band & S-band AESA radars.
220959fkkx9ng9979guhhl-jpg.262560

Last edited:
To be exact, your @gambit friend had problem reading English that he mistook type052 could detect low flying aircraft at max detection range and began to brag with his limited end user experience. Rental home huh? Why can't you afford to buy $200~300k home on loan yet? Overspent your mercenary bounty on booze and gambling?

I respect you, but this time you pull some strange ideas that never exist from gambit mind.
He's professional. I respect him because his knowledge, not because he's Vietnamese race.

Youre wrong to say, put AESA radars to lower for detecting low flying targets, while we agree, higher positioned radar, longer range of detecting anything.

Last edited:
Youre wrong to say, put AESA radars to lower for detecting low flying targets, while we agree, higher positioned radar, longer range of detecting anything.

keep in mind the tradeoff is that lower placement of radars can be bigger and more powerful, while higher ones have to be smaller and lighter.

Back
Top Bottom