What's new

Planet Earth view from Space Station

earth_lights_lrg.jpg

Why is Russia and West China so dark?
This could usually amount to population density and/or the density of proper cities and towns with electricity and lighting.
A good view to chk were the people are really at.

Where most of china is based in the east due to better terrain...
The Russians are all situated down south of Russia as the northern region is Very cold and inhospitable .

i know why pakistan is dark...
the picture was taken during load shedding :) :P

This could usually amount to population density and/or the density of proper cities and towns with electricity and lighting.
A good view to chk were the people are really at.

Where most of china is based in the east due to better terrain...
The Russians are all situated down south of Russia as the northern region is Very cold and inhospitable .

Most of the Russians live in the west near Europe. Large parts of Russia are uninhabited.

i know why pakistan is dark...
the picture was taken during load shedding :) :P

It's not dark, Sindh and Punjab are lighten up.

Here's one of the most famous pictures of the Earth ever taken... Apollo 8 was launched in 1968, and was the first time humans left Earth orbit. Their mission was to orbit the moon, practicing the route that would eventually take humans to the surface of the moon.

As the astronauts completed their first orbit around the dark side of the moon, they witnessed the Earth as a globe rising above the lunar horizon.

earthrise-68.jpg

Only a handful of humans, all Apollo astronauts, have seen the Earth in this way.

I really love astronomy and cosmology, thanks for these pictures. It is so humbling to see our pale blue dot out there in the nothingness of space. We all share it and should realize that we all share the same fate ultimately.

:)
Great Video (part 1 of a series)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom