What's new

Plane crash at Bangalore air show

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Thursday, 8 February 2007
Plane crash at Bangalore air show

Flying was temporarily stopped after the crash.

An international air show in the Indian city of Bangalore was temporarily stopped on Thursday when an Indian-developed aircraft crashed.
Eyewitnesses said the training plane crashed during taking-off.

The Intermediate Jet Trainer (IJT) is used for training pilots of the Indian Air Force (IAF) and is made by the country's sole aircraft manufacturer.

Eyewitnesses said the pilot of the plane was unhurt after the crash and was whisked away by IAF personnel.

Second mishap

Officials of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) - India's only aircraft maker - said that the crash happened because of a burst tyre.

The BBC's Habib Beary in Bangalore said that the authorities temporarily suspended flying operations at the air show after the crash.

Our correspondent says that the incident is the second mishap in connection with the five-day show, which was inaugurated by the federal Defence Minister, AK Antony, on Wednesday.

HAL's Advanced Light Helicopter crashed during a rehearsal ahead of the air show, in which the co-pilot of a plane was killed.

More than 500 companies, including global players Lockheed Martin, Boeing, British Aerospace and Dassault are taking part in the air show.

Just before the crash on Thursday, the chairman of the private Tata group, 69-year-old Ratan Tata, flew a multi-role combat F-16 aircraft as a co-pilot for about 40 minutes.

He said he was elated by the experience.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6344175.stm

Unfortunate and not a very good PR show for HAL to lose two designs in short time. :confused:

Unfortunate and not a very good PR show for HAL to lose two designs in short time. :confused:
And on top of that HAL talks about making better planes than PAC and CAC, before the end of the event im sure an LCA will crash as well.

Does not matter how many of their sloppy designs fail, what worries me is the 500 companies trying their best to sell something to the 9% plus GDP growth country. No matter how bad the Indians are in design with so much tech transfer they WILL leave us in the dust... and there is no end to it in sight...

A tire burst, for the best time in IJT history, and we are talking about all this, An accident of A MErc, doesnt mean it is stupid vehicle

A tire burst, for the best time in IJT history, and we are talking about all this, An accident of A MErc, doesnt mean it is stupid vehicle

True, but it never looks good when your plane crashes for whatever reason.....ever wondered why all the civilian planes in action films have made up airlines????

True, but it never looks good when your plane crashes for whatever reason.....ever wondered why all the civilian planes in action films have made up airlines????

True, it is a PR disastor,

Tire burst of a trainer after landing = Plane crash ??

.. not very honest BBC News!!

Tire burst of a trainer after landing = Plane crash ??

.. not very honest BBC News!!

Yes the plane crashed into the hard ground...the same way a car crashes when it hits something on the ground. Take a look at the picture. They are not going to just repair a flat there...........

Yes the plane crashed into the hard ground...the same way a car crashes when it hits something on the ground. Take a look at the picture. They are not going to just repair a flat there...........

Lol .. no it did not burst at landing. (I was there at Yelahanka Bangalore covering the show when this happened)

It burst at the end of the runway strip while it was turning to to be towed away. :disagree:

Lol .. no it did not burst at landing. (I was there at Yelahanka Bangalore covering the show when this happened)

It burst at the end of the runway strip while it was turning to to be towed away. :disagree:

Same thing it did burst in the end:D.is'nt it i agree Keysersose's logic.
However, Evil media or whatever you wanna say tries verything thing to spice up things, we know.:disagree:

Agree with Sri, i was there too. It wasnt landing, it was simply moving on the runway, when the tire burst, and i believe zombie has taken some relly gd shots of it.

Back
Top Bottom