What's new

PLAAF & PLANAF special mission aircraft - Y-8GX-family

img-8bfb73de92850e1fbf41e311e06cbe85.jpg

With the serial number 82039 - aka no. 09 - already the 9th KQ-200 ASW was spotted for the 3rd Naval Air Division assigned to the STC.

The so far highest number spotted within this NAD was no. 82034.

Image by SS7D-0027 via JP/Jetphotos

KQ-200 82039 - 20190430.jpg

With the serial number 82039 - aka no. 09 - already the 9th KQ-200 ASW was spotted for the 3rd Naval Air Division assigned to the STC.

View attachment 565780
Considering the nowadays re-organization of the PLANAF, i don't think we can be sure about the units. Correct?

View attachment 565780
Considering the re-organization of the PLANAF, i don't think we can be sure about the units. Correct?

No, IMO there is indeed a huge reorgnisation and indeed for older types it is difficult to correctly assign them to their new unit, the new types however all get correct numbers... the question only is, why serials according to different numbering systems?

No, IMO there is indeed a huge reorgnisation and indeed for older types it is difficult to correctly assign them to their new unit, the new types however all get correct numbers... the question only is, why serials according to different numbering systems?
Maybe because we don't know the structure of the 3rd NAD (Regiments) as it is too small to be a "Division"...but it still is. That's why there is a little bit of confuse.

Following its sister division - the 3rd Naval Air Divisions (reassigned from the 9th NAD (?) - in the STC, also the newly established 1st Naval Air Division in the ETC is confirmed flying KJ-500H/KH-500 AEW.

(image: Haofeng Yu via Huitong/CMA-blog & Jetphotos)

KJ-500H 81610 - 1. NAD ETC XL.jpg

Following its sister division - the 3rd Naval Air Divisions (reassigned from the 9th NAD (?) - in the STC, also the newly established 1st Naval Air Division in the ETC is confirmed flying KJ-500H/KH-500 AEW.

(image: Haofeng Yu via Huitong/CMA-blog & Jetphotos)

View attachment 566659
So many questions regrading those NADs. This so-called 1st NAD could be located in Ningbo/Zhuanqiao airbase.
I am thinking of a formation like this:
NTC: 2nd NAD, 5th NAD, X(7?)th Special NAD (in Dalian)
ETC: 4th NAD, 6th NAD, 1st Special NAD (in Ningbo)
STC: 8th NAD, 9th NAD, 3rd Special NAD (in Lingshui)
the "Special Naval Air Division/Naval Special Division" (SNAD/NSD) is a former regiment of the regular fighter NADs reassigned into an independent unit, handling all the Y-8/9s.
I really want to know the brigadization of the PLANAF. I refuse to still believe these formats.
Again, only speculations.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom