What's new

PLAAF & PLANAF special mission aircraft - Y-8GX-family

img-e53665af9dfbdbe1e1d84948c144a0a0.jpg
img-20124e7f68abf5ceb8c3c0f1b174d926.jpg

Is there a good pic available of the GX-9? What is the main features of this psyops aircraft?

I would question the existence of the 3rd NAD, despite the numbers.
They can confuse us, the observers.
I would say it is the 9th NAD in Lingshui.

I agree with You that they are often still labelled from the 9th and similar confusing is the alleged re-established 1st NAD ... but why adding this number? Only to fool some nerds like me? I don't think so ...

I agree with You that they are often still labelled from the 9th and similar confusing is the alleged re-established 1st NAD ... but why adding this number? Only to fool some nerds like me? I don't think so ...
You are not the only dude who pay attention to these numbers - so are China's adversaries who may see this and then run to check what they know about this so-called 3rd NAD. Ask yourself what you DO know about the 3rd NAD?

There are many armed forces who fake serial numbers on tanks, ships and aircrafts.

You are not the only dude who pay attention to these numbers - so are China's adversaries who may see this and then run to check what they know about this so-called 3rd NAD. Ask yourself what you DO know about the 3rd NAD?

There are many armed forces who fake serial numbers on tanks, ships and aircrafts.

To admit, the time I'm following PLAAF and NA serials, I only noticed psed and manipulated serial numbers, when the images were published by the photographers due to several reasons, but I never noticed any case - maybe I simply did not notice - where the PLA officially faked a serial number within an active regiment.

To admit, the time I'm following PLAAF and NA serials, I only noticed psed and manipulated serial numbers, when the images were published by the photographers due to several reasons, but I never noticed any case - maybe I simply did not notice - where the PLA officially faked a serial number within an active regiment.
Obviously it's different from country to country. I remember I was in a Pakistani military public conference and there were soldiers with shirts (or was it hats) of a specific unit. I asked them what unit is this and they laughed and said "oh...there is no such unit"

I am not saying it is the same case but we still need to be skeptic :]

From Henri Kenhmann (East Pendulum) on 26 April:

This is probably the first time that the interior of the Chinese ASW patrol KQ-200 has been seen in the public.

PLA Navy KQ-200 ASW - the interior 20190426 01.jpeg

PLA Navy KQ-200 ASW - the interior 20190426 02.jpeg

PLA Navy KQ-200 ASW - the interior 20190426 03.jpeg

PLA Navy KQ-200 ASW - the interior 20190426 04.jpeg

And under the same thread as above link, a little exchange about the assigned unit with its screenshot here:

twitter_screenshot IMG_20190427.jpg

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom