What's new

PLAAF & PLANAF special mission aircraft - Y-8GX-family

From Henri Kenhmann (East Pendulum) on 26 April:

This is probably the first time that the interior of the Chinese ASW patrol KQ-200 has been seen in the public.

View attachment 556189
View attachment 556188
View attachment 556187
View attachment 556186

And under the same thread as above link, a little exchange about the assigned unit with its screenshot here:

View attachment 556196
9th Division became the 9th Brigade?!? What? If he is correct, then it means PLANAF began to make brigadization of its air units.
Now i feel confused...

9th Division became the 9th Brigade?!? What? If he is correct, then it means PLANAF began to make brigadization of its air units.
Now i feel confused...

Brigadisation was already initiated more than a year ago and so far fighter divisions and their regiments were reformed. Afaik similar to the PLAAF special mission and bomber units are still or reformed divisions.

Brigadisation was already initiated more than a year ago and so far fighter divisions and their regiments were reformed. Afaik similar to the PLAAF special mission and bomber units are still or reformed divisions.
I knew it started in PLAAF. Didn't know about PLANAF (although i assumed it would get there too eventually).

It won't be fair to discuss about it in this thread since it would be off-topic.
What we CAN discuss though is they way the PLA is going to operate these special aircrafts in several special divisions (despite the brigadization reforms) and not creating special brigades for them too.

img-5307091491b593542748cf6a2f1cb341.jpg
img-48d22a7a6acd80e223122c08c0216352.jpg
img-4729de639e4a322b638f166fa1983876.jpg
img-be830ccfbf3776cea79f7b8f4285424b.jpg
img-a76ac1789d2f3c4bc1d1e4eef4261aba.jpg

Nature peculiarity? Still snowing at this time?
Last snowing right before entering summer?

AFAIK these are older images, I have them saved with the dates of 27/28 January 2018

Last edited:
Now i feel confused...

May I ask you, what is the different between division and Brigade, in term of PLAAF and PLANAF? Does it means that the PLAAF order of battle is shrinking in number?

May I ask you, what is the different between division and Brigade, in term of PLAAF and PLANAF? Does it means that the PLAAF order of battle is shrinking in number?
I doubt it has anything to do with size.
It's more of a C2 method.
So instead of 4 degrees "chain-of-command" (Base-Division-Regiment-Squadron) it will be 3 (Base-Brigade-Squadron).

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom