What's new

PLAAF & PLANAF H-6 Long Range Bomber thread

Just curious of the fully load capability of this bird. Let's say if 6x large missiles are carried under the wings, will it be able to carry more loads inside the bay?

Just curious of the fully load capability of this bird. Let's say if 6x large missiles are carried under the wings, will it be able to carry more loads inside the bay?

Classified, and you do not want the Directorate knocking on your door. Nuff said.

001SX8hXly1h14wpbqnu0j61900u0gsg02.jpg
001SX8hXly1h14wp8iypvj61910u0do602.jpg
001SX8hXly1h14wp6tkbxj61900u0ag002.jpg

Via @央广军事 from Weibo

PLA has overall 5 Bomber units: Three Divisions under PLAAF and two Regiments under Naval Airforce of PLAN. Neither the Northern and Western Commands have Bomber units and the 36th Div. will take control these areas if necessary. The new H-20 is rumored to enter the 10th Div.
View attachment 766065
The positioning of H20 is similar to B2 and is mainly used for deterrence. The positioning of H6K is similar to B52 and is mainly used in actual combat. The practical use of H6K is greater than that of H20. So USA is about to retire B2, but B52 will continue to serve.

How much is the unit cost of a H-6K?
The purchase price of PLA is 350 million CNY per aircraft(2021).

The positioning of H20 is similar to B2 and is mainly used for deterrence. The positioning of H6K is similar to B52 and is mainly used in actual combat. The practical use of H6K is greater than that of H20. So USA is about to retire B2, but B52 will continue to serve.

The purchase price of PLA is 350 million CNY per aircraft(2021).

Screenshot_20220419-193435_Gallery.jpg

What do you think are the odds of China restarting H-6i/H-7/H-8 program, Which was envisioned as the successor of the H-6,
Given H-6 fulfills the needs for now USA still has Range and Payload advantage with their B-52, Even with H-20 there would still be need for conventional bombers with greater payload,Seeing how fast Y-20 progressed and Chinese engines being available PLAAF may have a bomber that can rival the B-52 in no time.

View attachment 835861

What do you think are the odds of China restarting H-6i/H-7/H-8 program, Which was envisioned as the successor of the H-6,
Given H-6 fulfills the needs for now USA still has Range and Payload advantage with their B-52, Even with H-20 there would still be need for conventional bombers with greater payload,Seeing how fast Y-20 progressed and Chinese engines being available PLAAF may have a bomber that can rival the B-52 in no time.

Nice, you are quoting from my first book!

View attachment 835861

The H8 project died as early as 40 years ago.
I haven't heard any news about the revival of H8 project for the time being, PLA seems more interested in continuing to improve H6. I don't think the PLA will restart H8.
Imagine that if the Russians sell Miya-4 to PLA at an ultra-low price, will PLA buy it? I don't think they will buy it. If PLA is not interested in Miya-4, then PLA will not be interested in H8.

The airframe of H-6 is still quite limited even with improve payload. No point continue over this airframe. H-6N seems like the final version.

View attachment 835861

The design of H-8 is obsolete today. What China needs is something along the lines of Tu-160 with radar reduction features.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom