What's new

PLAAF & PLANAF H-6 Long Range Bomber thread

Media reported Japan sent nearly 30 fighters :lol: , something tells me the Japanese are either very nervous or they hyping the China threat again.

Not just Japanese, this time the USAF in Japan also send their F/A-18s, thats quite unususal, and Japan basically throw all they have in north japan, including the stone-age F-4s.

The explaination is that this time China using electronic countermeasure aircraft to generate alot of fake signals to make the Japan and the US radar believe there are a hunderd or so aircrafts approaching but instead there are only a handful 5-10.

The story can be deeper, back in 1990s, it is believed the USAF has use simliar trick to fool PLA's radar, but revenage is a bitch, in less than 20 years, China go from get fooled, to cannot be fooled, to fool them in their own game.:lol::enjoy:

And never underestimate the importance of this capability, just imaging if, in case of war, China generating fake signals of thousands of aircrafts to attack north japan and the USAF/Japan have to throw anything they get, only to find of there are thousands of fighters come to japan from South, and their fighter dont have much fuel left... It mean life or death situation.

A midair-refuelable H-6 variant made its first time in the end of last year. http://www.pearvideo.com/video_1033880

C4n77AvUoAE9DSe.jpg

Air-launched ballistic missile under loaded?

C4oJq0UUoAEGUt0.jpg

Sina has an article about this new missile now, but they dont have any details about this one:
http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/jssd/2017-03-01/doc-ifyavvsh7238953.shtml

But can we still call it ballastic missiles? the only things in common between this and the traditional ballastic missiles are they both have a phase that travelling at near space or beyond, besides that, there are nothing in common.

According to some journal papers in China they call these missiles as re-entry missiles instead of ballastic missiles.

I don't think that was ballistic missile, that's odd to carried something like, let say 'SRBM or MRBM' like missile under bomber! If re-entry vehicles, that's probably, I ever read about Russian concept about launching re-entry rocket from air, their plan using big transport aircraft to do this, not bomber. They fly high enough, release the rocket and let it fall vertically (nose up) and engine ignite, throw the rocket to the orbit. I think this 'project' also the same.

I don't think that was ballistic missile, that's odd to carried something like, let say 'SRBM or MRBM' like missile under bomber! If re-entry vehicles, that's probably, I ever read about Russian concept about launching re-entry rocket from air, their plan using big transport aircraft to do this, not bomber. They fly high enough, release the rocket and let it fall vertically (nose up) and engine ignite, throw the rocket to the orbit. I think this 'project' also the same.

You referring to something like this.

Not just Japanese, this time the USAF in Japan also send their F/A-18s, thats quite unususal, and Japan basically throw all they have in north japan, including the stone-age F-4s.

The explaination is that this time China using electronic countermeasure aircraft to generate alot of fake signals to make the Japan and the US radar believe there are a hunderd or so aircrafts approaching but instead there are only a handful 5-10.

The story can be deeper, back in 1990s, it is believed the USAF has use simliar trick to fool PLA's radar, but revenage is a bitch, in less than 20 years, China go from get fooled, to cannot be fooled, to fool them in their own game.:lol::enjoy:

And never underestimate the importance of this capability, just imaging if, in case of war, China generating fake signals of thousands of aircrafts to attack north japan and the USAF/Japan have to throw anything they get, only to find of there are thousands of fighters come to japan from South, and their fighter dont have much fuel left... It mean life or death situation.

Yeah there are smart decoys that imitates or projects like real aircraft on enemy radars forcing the defended country to expend missiles. Not that hard to do.
maxresdefault.jpg

First image of the alleged H-6N - or H-6KH - which made its maiden flight at the end of last year appeared. This development of the H-6K is said to be an IFR-probe equipped version, allegedly planned as an AShBM carrier with the size of a DF-21D.

H-6KH or H-6N + IFR-probe - first image 1.jpg
H-6KH or H-6N + IFR-probe - first image 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom