What's new

PLA Presence in Northern Areas ? ? ?

FYI He is a journalist so it wont be hard for him to contact ministers for comments.

Well, he isn't a minister anymore. His being in the oppsoition makes it even easier to contact him. Infact, politicians in opposition seek media coverage to stay in the news.

If TIMES NOW can have Mr. Tariq Azeem on their show - who ain't George Bush by the way - i don't know why you would think a local journalist can't talk to him.

I don't think that a local journalist cant talk to him. Just that it is hard to believe, this is the internet & people claim to be a lot of things. How do i know that you are what you claim to be? Credibility is important my friend.

Well, i could give you his number and you can ask him yourself - that is only if you are serious about the issue. It seems quite the opposite.

So, if you are indeed not the child here, you can ask me for Mr Tariq Azeem's no through a PM. Thanks.

Alright i will ask you his number but in a day or two. Still it is hard to believe. But what do you have to say about his statement in the video, that's on record. Politicians have been known to backtrack in the past.

Ya and i just called George Bush and he said that are still WMD's in Iraq.

You have got to be kidding me with childish pranks like this!!

See what happens when you assume. Perhaps get to know people better before making such sweeping statements. BTW not everyone here are what they seem (just a hint) :agree:

Alright i will ask you his number but in a day or two. Still it is hard to believe. But what do you have to say about his statement in the video, that's on record. Politicians have been known to backtrack in the past.

Well, i tried to watch the video of the show but couldn't. It won't open. That's why i called him. I don't know what he said. Whatever he said, he is obviously denying the foreign journo ban part.

But let me tell you this, that if he had said that foreign journos aren't allowed in GB, then his saying so was news in itself. This would have led credence to the NYT story. And TIMES NOW, known for anti-Pakistan outlook, would have plyed on it further. That's how news works. Since, this didn't happen [I have all Indian news channels in my newsroom, so i know], i am obviously inclined towards thinking that he didn't. That's only logical. And he couldn't backtrack from something that is on the record.

Asia Times seems to be blog mate. I am not sure it can be pitted as anti-thesis to the NYT article, there is a lot of difference between the two. May be may be not. If you can come up with something credible i am very open to revising my opinion. Till then i will stick with the NYT article.

Btw, this Sultan Shahin chap doesn't seem to be much of a journalist. He work has appeared in only two standard Indian papers and both are about Islam. Apart from that nothing.

He also says many things that you as a Pakistani will contest in the normal circumstances, labeling it orange Indian media. If you want to accept him as a credible source now then the vast majority of what he says should also be taken as credible news, weather you like it or not. What say?

Well, i tried to watch the video of the show but couldn't. It won't open. That's why i called him. I don't know what he said. Whatever he said, he is obviously denying the foreign journo ban part.

But let me tell you this, that if he had said that foreign journos aren't allowed in GB, then his saying so was news in itself. This would have led credence to the NYT story. And TIMES NOW, known for anti-Pakistan outlook, would have plyed on it further. That's how news works. Since, this didn't happen [I have all Indian news channels in my newsroom, so i know], i am obviously inclined towards thinking that he didn't. That's only logical. And he couldn't backtrack from something that is on the record.

Exactly because there is no BAN.

Asia Times seems to be blog mate. I am not sure it can be pitted as anti-thesis to the NYT article, there is a lot of difference between the two. May be may be not. If you can come up with something credible i am very open to revising my opinion. Till then i will stick with the NYT article.

Btw, this Sultan Shahin chap doesn't seem to be much of a journalist. He work has appeared in only two standard Indian papers and both are about Islam. Apart from that nothing.

He also says many things that you as a Pakistani will contest in the normal circumstances, labeling it orange Indian media. If you want to accept him as a credible source now then the vast majority of what he says should also be taken as credible news, weather you like it or not. What say?

No offence mate but i feel with you its the case of:
bg0911j.jpg

1) There is NO ban, you can confirm this im sure GUNNER can provide you with a source to verify yourself
2) There is NO BAN
3) NYTimes LOL = (just read why Don Feder is asking americans to boycott the NYTIMES)

Till then you are free to stick by whichever opinion you want or feel fit. Just don't expect to trod in here and tell us what's, what just because you have read the odd article or two and watched a few clips of a ex minister making a blooper.
:wave:

Ok since you made an effort. Let me summaries for you what happened in the video:

Towards the end of the discussion Mr.Azim was asked a direct question by Mr.G Parthasarthy (former Indian High Commissioner to Pakistan) as why foreign journalsts were not allowed to visit Gilgit-Baltistan? Mr.Azim replied by saying that all countries do this and went on to accuse that India does the same in J&K (which is factually incorrect and can be very easily verified).

Now this is precisely what transpired. What do you say to that?

No offence mate but i feel with you its the case of:
bg0911j.jpg

1) There is NO ban, you can confirm this im sure GUNNER can provide you with a source to verify yourself
2) There is NO BAN
3) NYTimes LOL = (just read why Don Feder is asking americans to boycott the NYTIMES)

Till then you are free to stick by whichever opinion you want or feel fit. Just don't expect to trod in here and tell us what's, what just because you have read the odd article or two and watched a few clips of a ex minister making a blooper.
:wave:

Ya that's the spirit keep it up.

Prosper through co-op

Everybody wants that in Pakistan, but US does not - and it is and will create even more problems for Pakistan and China - So the day is not far that so much pressure will come to stop this that either a full blown armed insurgency to change the map of Pakistan will be supported or a change in government so that people are distracted and the links between Pakistan and China, destroyed.

Strategists will not let it happen, will they?

Readers will recall Adm. Mullen's statement given in India on his last trip there, to the effect that US will back India in any confrontation with China - It seems the Indian will hold the American to his word.

Indeed because you have no rebuttal to offer and yes that is the spirit because i am sick and tired of rubbish, half baked propaganda being posted on PDF.

Good Bye Now! :wave: :pdf:

I hope this is your final goodbye. Have been hearing this for the last three posts now.

Mr.Azim replied by saying that all countries do this and went on to accuse that India does the same in J&K (which is factually incorrect and can be very easily verified).

If you are quoting him, i wouldn't take thsi answer as "Yes, Foreign journalists are banned in GB". If i were the anchor, i would have asked a direct question for confirmation. I would have sought a Yes or No answer. In this case, he is right to deny that he didn't say what you think he did. You are assuming that he did due to the nature of his answer. It was ambigious.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom