What's new

PLA Presence in Northern Areas ? ? ?

Prosper through co-op

Everybody wants that in Pakistan, but US does not - and it is and will create even more problems for Pakistan and China - So the day is not far that so much pressure will come to stop this that either a full blown armed insurgency to change the map of Pakistan will be supported or a change in government so that people are distracted and the links between Pakistan and China, destroyed.

I have no ambiguity on the issue here my dear. Journos go where they want to and have to. As a journalist i know that. Now, the article is implying that something sisnister is on in GB, of which the world has no idea because no journos can go in there and hence no media coverage. He talks of conspiracies and plots and thousands of PLA troops which only he has been able to see. And that's clearly not the case. The issue ain't press freedom.

Read this carefully & try to understand the context:

"The entire western portion of Kashmir stretching from Gilgit in the north to Azad (Free) Kashmir in the south is closed to the world, in contrast to the media access that India permits in the eastern part, where it is combating a Pakistan-backed insurgency."

Now if cant understand simple English, can i help it?

And, by the way, the original article doesn't say foreign press isn't allowed in GB. It just says the whole GB is closed to the world. Which is obviously not the case.

Playing around with words will not help. Read above, i have explained.

Oh, and I haven't been able to watch the video. Frankly, i don't care about what TIMES NOW airs. I have seen quite a lot of BS regarding Pakistan on this channel. And i know where it comes from.

A journalist saying that!! A good journalist and a sensible man keeps his eyes and ears open, to seek the truth. And does not just classify something as bullshit with ought even looking at it. Nice attitude!!

By the way, it is your former information minister Mr.Traiq Azim confirming that indeed "foreign journalists" are not allowed in Gilgit-Baltistan. Times Now for all the BS that you claim it to be, didn't put those words in his mouth.

Keep your eyes closed and deny everything, that's precisely the attitude that has cost you chaps so dear & the reason that Pakistan is in such a mess today.

As far as your doubt is concerned, I have accompanied foreign journalists inside Gilgit-Baltistan on several occasions. Is that clear enough for you? But ofcourse, if you want to tow the line of TIMES NOW.. you can carry on !

Your word is simply not good enough, when pitted against that of the NYT and your former information minister Mr.Tariq Azim. I am pretty sure that i am not getting an answer from you about Mr.Azim, you have not given me a straight answer about him in the last two posts, despite direct questions.

If cant see what your former Information Minister is saying, spare me the trouble of spoon feeding sentences and explaining their contexts, in simple English that they may be.

Conclusion: Your inability to even look at sources i have mentioned, clearly display your inability & even willingness to even open your eyes. Makes me wonder weather you are at all interested in knowing the truth or simply trying to polish your ego. Spare me the trouble, for i will be more than content ignoring your posts unless you have something worthwhile to say or contribute.

Last edited:
I suggest you start practising what you preach..

Firslty Name of Magazine: Hairstyles, Women's Fashion, Beauty Products, and Relationship Advice - Marie Claire
Name of Journalist reporting: Jan Goodwin (That sound Pakistani to you)????

Jan Goodwin is only as Pakistani as Selig Harrison is an Indian. Get the point or it needs further elucidation!!

The article is from 2005, it is nearly 5 years old & that too from a blog about fashion & s_ex advice!! Nice source.

Please spare me. You have no idea what your babbling about,

Indeed, looks like it. Even the New York Times and Mr.Tariq Azim your former information minister have no idea. You are the only chap full of ideas here.

Again i would like to bring to your attention that GLIGIT and AJK is of interest ONLY to the Following: tourists, mountain climbers, or even search & rescue teams and NGO.

Find me 1 interesting article from a western media source about Gilgit?... Can you do that? I highly doubt it, because the area has ZERO interest in western eyes.

Oh you got me there. But then wait a minute... open the first page of this thread and there is article by the New York Times staring you right in the face and what does it talk about? certainly not Gilgit- Baltistan? Oops sorry it does & the rabbit is out of the hat.

The only media obsessed with Gilgit (because of china) are the Indians. Next time (PUT YOUR BRAIN IN GEAR, BEFORE YOU MOUTH IS IN MOTION)!

Last checked the NYT was American. I know we bought Jaguar & Land Rover & even Corus but no one told me we had bought the NYT but then you chaps don't call it the "orange Indian media" for nothing.

I have only one question after reading this thread.. Why only Pakistanis have been accused of believing in conspiracy theories?

:what:

I have only one question after reading this thread.. Why only Pakistanis have been accused of believing in conspiracy theories?

:what:

Becoz other members are saints :)

In their dictionary, they don't have the term Conspiracy Theories.

Jan Goodwin is only as Pakistani as Selig Harrison is an Indian. Get the point or it needs further elucidation!!

The article is from 2005, it is nearly 5 years old & that too from a blog about fashion & s_ex advice!! Nice source.

Indeed, looks like it. Even the New York Times and Mr.Tariq Azim your former information minister have no idea. You are the only chap full of ideas here.

Oh you got me there. But then wait a minute... open the first page of this thread and there is article by the New York Times staring you right in the face and what does it talk about? certainly not Gilgit- Baltistan? Oops sorry it does & the rabbit is out of the hat.

Last checked the NYT was American. I know we bought Jaguar & Land Rover & even Corus but no one told me we had bought the NYT but then you chaps don't call it the "orange Indian media" for nothing.

Selig Harrison & NYT... Are you really thaT DUMB or do you want to troll. I still remember on of his articles where he stated "Kashmir was part of India"... :rolleyes:

Sorry my friend INDIAN conspiracy theories don't float here. I would urge you to EDUCATE yourself, don't try to feed us your tripe, we are far beyond that and considering that i hail from that region i can plainly say you are talking out of your A$$.

I don't know why this forum tolerates trolls like you. Seriously!

Say hi to the bigots at BRF for me... :wave:

Selig Harrison & NYT... Are you really thaT DUMB or do you want to troll. I still remember on of his articles where he stated "Kashmir was part of India"... :rolleyes:

Sorry my friend INDIAN conspiracy theories don't float here. I would urge you to EDUCATE yourself, don't try to feed us your tripe, we are far beyond that and considering that i hail from that region i can plainly say you are talking out of your A$$.

I don't know why this forum tolerates trolls like you. Seriously!

Say hi to the bigots at BRF for me... :wave:

Frustration & anger is all that your post says. Its understandable in the sense that you have not not been able put up any credible defense in support of your claim.

Your repeated inability to respond to my query on Mr.Tariq Azim statement is clear proof of the bankruptcy of your ideas. Need more be said.

Frustration & anger is all that your post says. Its understandable in the sense that you have not not been able put up any credible defense in support of your claim.

Your repeated inability to respond to my query on Mr.Tariq Azim statement is clear proof of the bankruptcy of your ideas. Need more be said.

LOL at your logic... Answer me this oh wise one. Did Pakistan stop a hate filled douche like Sultan Shahin reporting for Asian Times from Gligit and AJK?

In here you will find your answer. Now stop trolling and run away :wave:

Is US pointing a finger at China?

Home » World
Is US pointing a finger at China?
Updated on Friday, September 03, 2010, 15:05

Beijing: As China vehemently refutes reports of PLA's presence in Gilgit, a leading Chinese expert has pointed fingers at the US, accusing it of trying to sow seeds of discord between Beijing and its neighbours.

Han Hua, an associate professor at Peking University's School of International Studies says the US has been needling China for the past several months, be it the issue of supply of nuclear reactors to Pakistan or Beijing's flood aid.

"After assuming power in January last year, Obama has put two issues on top of his policy agenda: withdrawal of US troops from Iraq and coping with emerging powers, especially China," he said.

"But it is hard to understand why the US has been trying to sow seeds of discord between China and its neighbours," he added.

Han said the US has been pointing a finger at China, directly or indirectly, over the past several months, especially over issues involving China's relations with its neighbours.

"The devastating floods in Pakistan have given it another opportunity to prod China," Han said in an apparent reference to US special envoy Richard Holbrooke's remarks that China should step up its assistance.

"Despite suffering severely from floods and landslides at home, China was one of the first countries to respond to the devastation in Pakistan. Yet Washington, on a few occasions, has expressed dissatisfaction with Beijing's contribution," he wrote in an article in China Daily.

However, China has steadily stepped up its aid to Pakistan's flood victims from the initial CNY 10 million (USD 1.48 million) to about CNY 120 million (about USD 17.64 million) in the recent weeks. China has also sent a medical mission to Pakistan.

China's Foreign Office spokesperson Jiang Yu, while denying presence of Chinese troops in Gilgit-Baltistan area, said yesterday that attempts were underway through fabricated stories to destroy China's relations with Pakistan and India.

"As a target of US prodding, China, therefore, has to strengthen ties with all its neighbours through public and normative diplomacy," he said.

Han also pointed to US attempts to stall China's plans to build two new nuclear reactors for Pakistan.

He wrote that some Americans are pointing a finger at China over the proposed sale of nuclear reactors to Pakistan since February when China National Nuclear Corporation announced the loan agreement to build two more 340-MW nuclear reactors at Chashma.

"India, seen as a long-time foe of Pakistan, seems to be using diplomacy to block the Sino-Pakistani deal, even though it signed a similar deal with the US in 2006," he said.

PTI

By the way, it is your former information minister Mr.Traiq Azim confirming that indeed "foreign journalists" are not allowed in Gilgit-Baltistan.

Your word is simply not good enough, when pitted against that of the NYT and your former information minister Mr.Tariq Azim. I am pretty sure that i am not getting an answer from you about Mr.Azim, you have not given me a straight answer about him in the last two posts, despite direct questions.

Here is a direct answer for you my friend. I called up Traiq Azeem for clarification. And to quote him, " I didn't say at the TIMES NOW show that foreign journalists are not allowed into Gilgit-Baltistan because it's just not true."

So, there goes your argument. Have a nice day !

LOL at your logic... Answer me this oh wise one. Did Pakistan stop a hate filled douche like Sultan Shahin reporting for Asian Times from Gligit and AJK?

In here you will find your answer. Now stop trolling and run away :wave:

Care to provide a link to the article you mentioned. So that i can verify what you are saying. Yet, you seem to have avoided a direct answer to Mr.Tariq Azim's comment.

At first look, Asia Times seems like a blog.

Here is a direct answer for you my friend. I called up Traiq Azeem for clarification. And to quote him, " I didn't say at the TIMES NOW show that foreign journalists are not allowed into Gilgit-Baltistan because it's just not true."

So, there goes your argument. Have a nice day !

Ya and i just called George Bush and he said that are still WMD's in Iraq.

You have got to be kidding me with childish pranks like this!!

Ya and i just called George Bush and he said that are still WMD's in Iraq.

You have got to be kidding me with childish pranks like this!!

If TIMES NOW can have Mr. Tariq Azeem on their show - who ain't George Bush by the way - i don't know why you would think a local journalist can't talk to him.

Your post pretty much clears who's the child here !

Now that your argument has fallen flat on your face.. this is what you resort to finally.

Well, i could give you his number and you can ask him yourself - that is only if you are serious about the issue. It seems quite the opposite.

So, if you are indeed not the child here, you can ask me for Mr Tariq Azeem's no through a PM. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom