What's new

PLA banner in Ladakh says 'You are in China' but Govt insists no intrusion

I'm glad India is having a taste of its own medicine. I wonder if Indians would come running to Pakistan to have "peace" with us because of Chinese advances. Indians have poor relations with her neighbours and they have started to pay for it.

what is the root cause of this stand off and intrusion from China? Can any one explain me??

The root cause is PLA is in control and the Chinese civilian foreign ministry is weak - there was an excellent article about this published 3 years back - So PLA is dictating terms now and we all know how Generals behave. So the issue is between Indian civil government vs PLA and I am doubtful the Chinese higher authorities will step in considering the change in leadership recently. The only language after all the diplomacy failed is a language of 1967 and 1987 - Throw out the soldiers and the tent out of the region - Especially considering the area where PLA has pitched in the tents is well within Indian region south of the disputed region gives India the credibility to use force.

The root is cause is PLA is in control and the Chinese civilian foreign ministry is weak - there was an excellent article about this published 3 years back - So PLA is dictating terms now and we all know how Generals behave. So the issue is between Indian civil government vs PLA and I am doubtful the Chinese higher authorities will step in considering the change in leadership recently. The only language after all the diplomacy failed is a language of 1967 and 1987 - Throw out the soldiers and the tent out of the region - Especially considering the area where PLA has pitched in the tents is well within India region south of the disputed region gives India the credibility to use force.

LOL, no. :lol:

The article you are talking about was composed of rumours that Hu Jintao would not relinquish control of the PLA to Xi Jinping when the time came for him to step down. In hindsight it was all complete BS, Hu Jintao handed over the military to Xi Jinping without a second of delay.

Xi Jinping is now the head of all Chinese military forces, i.e. the Chairman of the Central Military Commission. Which is the highest leadership of the PLA.

The root of the problem is that India broke our tacit agreement by setting up permanent bunkers on the LAC. Which India does not even deny, they just don't like the response.

Mean while in Pakistan and China border.

p7SU.jpg

kk18.jpg

ConnorKenOfficialsKhanjurabPass-580.jpg

2011+Chinese+Soldier+Image%252C+Pakistan+and+China+joint+border+patrol+%2528+China+border+guards+equip+type03QBZ-03+5.80mm+rifle+%2529+%25283%2529.jpg

images

LOL, no. :lol:

Xi Jinping is the head of all Chinese military forces, since he is the Chairman of the Central Military Commission. Which is the highest leadership of the PLA.

The root of the problem is that India broke our tacit agreement by setting up permanent bunkers on the LAC. Which India does not even deny.

CD - it has been long since we had this discussion - The tent it is setup in an area south of Karakoram range(Mcdonald line) - So what gives Chinese military forces to setup the tent here?

You know my position that Akshai Chin belongs to China for historical reasons. Considering that, even for someone who looks at things favourably for China, this is not acceptable.

CD - it has been long since we had this discussion - The tent it is setup in an area south of Karakoram range(Mcdonald line) - So what gives Chinese military forces to setup the tent here?

You know my position that Akshai Chin belongs to China for historical reasons. Considering that, even for someone who looks at things favourably for China, this is not acceptable.

We have not crossed the LAC according to our perception.

The tents were set up on our side of the border as a response to India breaking the tacit agreement not to set up permanent fortifications (bunkers in this case) on the LAC.

The only issue now is that the Indian media has seized upon the issue and gone crazy with it (though the international media has pretty much ignored it). Now the Indian government is afraid of backing down because they don't want to lose face and lose votes.

India should remove Raki Nala post, India army built it in China's LAC
India never has Akshai Chin in history, only one British sign a line on map, then I can call one British make another line on map too. Akshai Chin(AksaiChinBasin, Turkic language,means:China's Whitehead Beach)

We have not crossed the LAC according to our perception.

The tents were set up on our side of the border as a response to India breaking the tacit agreement not to set up permanent fortifications (bunkers in this case) on the LAC.

The only issue now is that the Indian media has seized upon the issue and gone crazy with it (though the international media has pretty much ignored it). Now the Indian government is afraid of backing down because they don't want to lose face and lose votes.

The question is of Mcdonald line which runs on the Karakoram Range - China's strategic interest is north of this range - in the Akshai Chin - the Karakoram highway which connects Xinjiang with West Tibet. For India, Akshai Chin is nothing - a cold desert but India claims it as per the 1941 British claims. So it makes sense for China to have this territory.

The issue is south of Karakoram Range - So perceptions does not matter - I feel it is unfair on part of Chinese and I want Indian government to play hardball and use force if necessary. There is no other option here for Government of India.

The question is of Mcdonald line which runs on the Karakoram Range - China's strategic interest is north of this range - in the Akshai Chin - the Karakoram highway which connects Xinjiang with West Tibet. For India, Akshai Chin is nothing - a cold desert but India claims it as per the 1941 British claims. So it makes sense for China to have this territory.

The issue is south of Karakoram Range - So perceptions does not matter - I feel it is unfair on part of Chinese and I want Indian government to play hardball and use force if necessary. There is no other option here for Government of India.

It was India who struck the first blow here by setting up fixed posts (bunkers) on the LAC, a violation of our tacit agreement.

If you were not prepared to play hardball then why make the first move?

Shameless "a cold desert but India claims it as per the 1941 British claims", as your logic, China can claims whole India since it as per the 1900 British claims
India can claims US since it as per the 1700 British claims, including Australia, Canada, and all the Former British colony

If you were not prepared to play hardball then why make the first move?
Harmony Hu persuaded the world bullying China is a fruitful exercise. Now the present administration is left with the task to roll-back the opportunists.

Remember India's payback is yet to come :cheers:
Whoa there.... shupa-powa India is making me shake with fear :nana:

Back
Top Bottom