What's new

'PK' breaks box-office records in China just three days after opening

lol, he's a HKer so they often use English name.
That name is not shown on their passport. Just like mine, Andrew Jin, haha, you cannot find Andrew Jin through any searching method.:p: Only I know my English name.

Your English name isn't Andrew? :lol:
My English name is Andrew. But our English name is not official name, I can change it everyday, :-). My English teacher first gave me the name Jimmy, I thought it was too Micky Mouse sort of name.:p:
Since A in Andrew has a similar shape as my family name金, all like a pyramid, so I chose Andrew. When I learned German, I changed it to the German version, after that, changed back to Andrew.

My English name is Andrew. But our English name is not official name, I can change it everyday, :-). My English teacher first gave me the name Jimmy, I thought it was too Micky Mouse sort of name.:p:
Since A in Andrew has a similar shape as my family name金, all like a pyramid, so I chose Andrew. When I learned German, I changed it to the German version, after that, changed back to Andrew.

how about Jerry Mouse? :rofl:

lol, he's a HKer so they often use English name.

That name is not shown on their passport. Just like mine, Andrew Jin, haha, you cannot find Andrew Jin through any searching method.:p: Only I know my English name.

Experienced this first hand 5 days ago.

A number of friends from HK & Shanghai had come for a family function.

I sent the cars to the hotels to pick them up- all the drivers called back to say there was no one by the names I gave them in the hotel.

All guests had checked in with the names on their passports ! .. It took some calls to sort it out.

this makes sense to me....Or Zhou Xingchi...

One cinema chain here in Shanghai is Palace, love it, got one near my office at IFC so nice quick getaway during office hour! Got "Avengers 2" at 160 yuan , 3D IMAX, didn't use coupon.

77803f0759de6516f7fe99d1db822bfd_690_460.jpg

0d01d514a84f486cb88f1c84b564454e_690_460.jpg
s_2057f0c2_14275a6972d__7ef8.jpg

One cinema chain here in Shanghai is Palace, love it, got one near my office at IFC so nice quick getaway during office hour! Got "Avengers 2" at 160 yuan , 3D IMAX, didn't use coupon.

View attachment 225481
View attachment 225478 View attachment 225479
Really like a palace, with 160 yuan u can watch 5 times of 3D IMAX Avengers 2 in Wuhan, the same luxury:p:. Once I watched that IMAX Hobbit2 in Shanghai, at that oldest cinema of Shanghai, I spent 90yuan without coupon, too pricy for me, although a small piece of cake compared to salary of Shanghai. When I was studying in Shanghai, I got quite a good salary from my mentor, and I only spent 30% of my salary for all my living expenses, including Starbucks everyday. Miss that salary.:cry:

Experienced this first hand 5 days ago.

A number of friends from HK & Shanghai had come for a family function.

I sent the cars to the hotels to pick them up- all the drivers called back to say there was no one by the names I gave them in the hotel.

All guests had checked in with the names on their passports ! .. It took some calls to sort it out.
If u introduce yourself using English names instead of Chinese in mainland China, they will look down upon you. I only use English name with my friends from abroad, cause I don't think they can pronounce my Chinese name correctly.

nice looking cinema, love the interior

Yes it is good.
I like the smaller rooms, from 8-seat VIP rooms that you can rent the whole for party,
to 56-seat medium ones (28 twin-seats) like this.

20110908_233013_609_903.jpg

Really like a palace, with 160 yuan u can watch 5 times of 3D IMAX Avengers 2 in Wuhan, the same luxury:p:.

Yeah but that's IFC price, what do you expect bro, sad for all Pudong dwellers!

wKgFr1I29KCIbw56AAGvYf66G3MAAFtIwOgQOcAAa95597.jpg

Last edited:
What is PK about ....

It is about Hindus and their beliefs not according to their vedas.

@definitelynotIndian Check my threads, related to my hometown
My CRH trip from Shanghai back to Wuhan
https://defence.pk/threads/chinese-hsr-news-and-information:original-translations.363685/page-24 (trip from Wuhan to Enshi/Chongqing)
I'll upload my photos about Chongqing, one of the biggest 2 metropolises of Western China.

If u like to see people mountain people sea, hereo_O
Where we take train, Wuhan Railway Station
View attachment 225199

Where we check-in, the waiting room of Hankou Railway Station, Wuhan
View attachment 225206

Where we check-out, the exit.
View attachment 225205

Where we buy or print railway tickets, TVMs in the underground floor of Wuchang Railway Station, Wuhan
View attachment 225204

Where I buy fruits, a fruit store 100 metres from my apartment
View attachment 225215

Where we buy vegetables and fruits, the nearest market
View attachment 225216

the small one-way street in front of my colony
View attachment 225217

The boulevard near my apartment, through which I walk to the metro station
View attachment 225214

Doesnt Chinese Police catch you for taking photos?

Yes it is good.
I like the smaller rooms, from 8-seat VIP rooms that you can rent the whole for party,
to 56-seat medium ones (28 twin-seats) like this.

View attachment 225488

Yeah but that's IFC price, sad!
I just check, IMAX for the movie you mentioned in IFC is 75yuan if book it through Wechat. Why not? Cause YOU ARE A RICH BANKER:p:! U should rent a VIP room for us all!

It is about Hindus and their beliefs not according to their vedas.

Doesnt Chinese Police catch you for taking photos?
Already watched it yesterday.

Why? Chinese policemen are generally week and don't know how to use guns. I dare to take any photo except in front of a military camp.

Why? Chinese policemen are generally week and don't know how to use guns. I dare to take any photo except in front of a military camp.

You are taking photos of railway stations, malls etc. Could be a breach of security. hence police should ask why are you taking photos.

Back
Top Bottom