What's new

'PK' breaks box-office records in China just three days after opening

@definitelynotIndian Check my threads, related to my hometown
My CRH trip from Shanghai back to Wuhan
https://defence.pk/threads/chinese-hsr-news-and-information:original-translations.363685/page-24 (trip from Wuhan to Enshi/Chongqing)
I'll upload my photos about Chongqing, one of the biggest 2 metropolises of Western China.

If u like to see people mountain people sea, hereo_O
Where we take train, Wuhan Railway Station
屏幕快照 2015-05-27 20.12.05.png

Where we check-in, the waiting room of Hankou Railway Station, Wuhan
屏幕快照 2015-05-27 20.11.00.png

Where we check-out, the exit.
屏幕快照 2015-05-27 20.16.49.png

Where we buy or print railway tickets, TVMs in the underground floor of Wuchang Railway Station, Wuhan
屏幕快照 2015-05-27 20.15.34.png

Where I buy fruits, a fruit store 100 metres from my apartment
屏幕快照 2015-05-27 20.44.38.png

Where we buy vegetables and fruits, the nearest market
屏幕快照 2015-05-27 20.48.02.png

the small one-way street in front of my colony
屏幕快照 2015-05-27 20.35.58.png

The boulevard near my apartment, through which I walk to the metro station
屏幕快照 2015-05-27 20.33.43.png

Last edited:
There are really good Bollywood with interesting themes. They can do quite a good job if they concentrate on an international audience. I want to see Chinese-Indian mixed movie one day. :yahoo: Doesn't youku has all kinds of foreign movies with Chinese subtitles?

Last edited:
Thats a really nice looking railway station you got there :D May be we will get something similar I can hope. I am really impressed by China's economic growth. China has started looking like a first world country.

Thats a really nice looking railway station you got there :D May be we will get something similar I can hope. I am really impressed by China's economic growth. China has started looking like a first world country.
Long way to go man.
Sometimes too crowded, especially at weekends and on Friday. We are planning a bigger one in Wuhan to meet future's need. HSR is China's national strategy for transportation. I have read some reports from World Bank, quite positive on India's Diamond Quadrilateral plan.

Long way to go man.
Sometimes too crowded, especially at weekends and on Friday. We are planning a bigger one in Wuhan to meet future's need. HSR is China's national strategy for transportation. I have read some reports from World Bank, quite positive on India's Diamond Quadrilateral plan.

Just one thing, right now the Infrastructure is debt financed. But how are you going to repay it, and most of all how are you going to upgrade it?

Also, I heard that Wuhan had more mall space open last year, than the whole of America (not the country, the whole continent) combined. How are these malls doing?

Just one thing, right now the Infrastructure is debt financed. But how are you going to repay it, and most of all how are you going to upgrade it?

Also, I heard that Wuhan had more mall space open last year, than the whole of America (not the country, the whole continent) combined. How are these malls doing?
I think the infrastructure is debt finaced in every country because the infrastructure is very expensive. In China,our government has spent thousands of billions dollars in the infrastructure every year for decades,but we still are lack of that.
As for debt, it is actually not a big problem in China,the western experience is not suitable to judge us.
1.the good assets. the government donot waste the money,they just build roads,bridges,railways,subways.....,all these infrastructure are very good assets. It seems the government is debt burden,but they also own many assets,they can get return from these assets.
2.the minor risk.The local government and the bank all belong to the central government,from central government view,there is no debt at all,just like take the money from left pocket to the right pocket,if the local government really cannot afford the debt,they have to ask help from upper government,maybe delayed the deadline of paying back money,there is no risk of bankrupt for the local government. But it does not mean the local government can borrow countless money from the bank, the state owned banks are commercial banks too,they also evaluate the risk before they give the money,if the loan is too risky,the man permit the loan may get punished from the bank,the local government don't have the power to demand them to give money.
3.always can get the money. If some infrastructure is very important but obviously not well pay back ,even would lose money such as building railway or expressway in poor rural areas,there will be no private companies like to join in these projects.In this situation, the central government will take this as a political mission,the government will demand the bank and the state owned companies to do the project without any cost, and the project will be done.

I did some research and there seem to be some movies that are yet to be released and as this article says, there's huge potential for cooperation between China and India in the movie industry. Actually there was already a movie about an Indian going to China but it seemed quite silly.

How kung fu and Modi might change the future of Bollywood in China – Quartz

Indian girl as a Chinese.
bollywood-deepika-padukone-3.jpg

You can download some reports from world bank, about finance of Chinese HSR.

One of the malls opened last year, IKEA's grand shopping centre, has been doing excellently, and they are searching for another proper location for the second mall since the success of the first Mall in Wuhan, although the mall is near the third ring expressway, 10km from downtown. The Mall I went to yesterday is invested by a local company, right in the centre of the future CBD. And the Mall I had my dinner yesterday is at the terminal station of Metro Line 2, invested by Japanese AEON, where half a million of new Wuhanese are living.

屏幕快照 2015-05-28 11.43.42.png

Japanese AEON
屏幕快照 2015-05-28 11.17.26.png

IKEA, pay attention to the huge parking lot, there are another open parking lot and a huge underground parking lot.
屏幕快照 2015-05-28 11.18.15.png
20144119324837889.jpg

Oceanside City Mall, Chinese local brand in the CBD, 1km from my home
201010181516203937377_2.jpg

Remember, there are 10 million people in the city, 30million people in the Wuhan city agglomeration. And more and more people from the countryside will become citizens of Wuhan.
屏幕快照 2015-05-27 21.10.12.png
屏幕快照 2015-05-27 21.11.46.png
屏幕快照 2015-05-27 21.10.46.png

Last edited:
Jackie chan is making a movie with Aamir Khan. I look forward to it.
In fact, if u look at the top 10 in box-office of last year, half Hollywood, half Chinese, none of them is Kungfu movie. American market accounts for 27% of total box-office and then follow by mainland China at 13%. Most movies are Hollywood style, no matter movies from US or China. Fresh blood is always welcome here.

I'm now in the cinema, PK in five minutes. I just spend altogether 20yuan(200rupees) for us three.
View attachment 225112

This is what I meant when I am talking about scify. I haven't seen the movie yet. But will totally do. And not only it is scify but also satire. The reason why I love Stephen Chow a lot is the satire element.

This is what I meant when I am talking about scify. I haven't seen the movie yet. But will totally do. And not only it is scify but also satire. The reason why I love Stephen Chow a lot is the satire element.
who is Stephen Chow?

In fact, if u look at the top 10 in box-office of last year, half Hollywood, half Chinese, none of them is Kungfu movie. American market accounts for 27% of total box-office and then follow by mainland China at 13%. Most movies are Hollywood style, no matter movies from US or China. Fresh blood is always welcome here.

Movie is based on kung fu and yoga signifies mixing of two cultures lol

There are really good Bollywood with interesting themes. They can do quite a good job if they concentrate on an international audience. I want to see Chinese-Indian mixed movie one day. :yahoo: Doesn't youku has all kinds of foreign movies with Chinese subtitles?

Jecky chaan had been to India some time ago. He urge Bolywood to consider him for a role. He further clarified that it is not necessary that he will accept some fighter's role only.

Back
Top Bottom