What's new

Pitbull brings the party to Riyadh Season's glittering opening ceremony

View attachment 787047

Pitbull brings the party to Riyadh Season's glittering opening ceremony
The Cuban-American rapper was welcomed to the stage by WWE wrestling star The Undertaker
YJNNL4W2WEANFNFLFQA7NKNGVU.jpg

ZOZS2QR6VU4TYVDJNWXN6PO77E.jpg

MI6DOHD4YPGL7B3ECVZBXWMUX4.jpg

NLBPOYINDPAE6VWTE5DPJWQZWE.jpg

UC5STUR5XFIH46WB2WHY3DWTZY.jpg

2AZHOHXBIPRRGIXMQCPM2AZGYI.jpg

4JHQ5QPZAIZ763ZIWLS7AYEXD4.jpg

D7QLZMBWY3BOTO3B6XJB3GMBTA.jpg

Saudi Arabia's Riyadh Season gets under way. All photos: Reuters
dfd6c0d0-f148-4163-b51c-fe3b293b0f9d.png

Saeed Saeed

Oct 21, 2021
Riyadh Season kicked off in explosive style with Pitbull performing amid fireworks.
A reported crowd of 750,000 people congregated in the Saudi capital's central boulevard district to attend the opening ceremony that had a parade and a performance by the Cuban-American rapper.

Welcomed on to the stage by WWE wrestling star The Undertaker, Pitbull delivered a typically upbeat set.
Backed by dancers, he dropped fiesta-themed bangers such as Don't Stop the Party, International Love and his latest single, I Feel Good.
"Everybody in Riyadh, thank you so much for having us. It's a pleasure and honour to be here," Pitbull said in a backstage interview.

"I have been to Saudi Arabia before and travelled the world and all the people from Saudi Arabia say how they loved our music and I want to say thank you so much, I appreciate it. Shukran."

The ceremony also featured an opening address by Turki Al-Sheikh, chairman of the General Entertainment Authority, which organised the festival.
He described the second Riyadh Season as bigger and better.
“In the first season, our motto was ‘Imagine’ and in the second season, our motto is ‘Imagine more’."

In addition to Pitbull's gig, the ceremony included a parade featuring a drone display, live bands, costumes, acrobatic and traditional dance displays.

And this is only the beginning.
The ceremony marked the first event of a planned 7,500 to be held as part of Riyadh Season.
Running until March 2022, the festival will take place in an area measuring 5.4 million square metres and spread across 14 thematic zones.
READ MORE
10 things you need to know about Riyadh Season: concerts, festivals and football
The calendar is packed with nearly 80 concerts, WWE wrestling spectacular Crown Jewel and a football tournament featuring a star-studded Paris Saint-Germain side with Argentine super-star Lionel Messi.

There will be plenty of dining options across all zones, with more than 200 restaurants and 70 cafes set to take part, 10 of which will be making their debut in the kingdom.

Also on the cards is the return of one of the world's biggest dance music festivals.
Running from Thursday to Sunday, December 16 to 19, in a purpose-built location in the outskirts of the city, Soundstorm recently announced its first tranche of headliners, including Deadmau5, Tiesto, Steve Aoki, DJ Snake and electronic music pioneer Jeff Mills.
With more event announcements to come, the way to keep track of all the latest happenings is on the Riyadh Season and General Entertainment Authority’s Instagram, Twitter and Facebook channels.
Updated: October 21st 2021, 2:06 AM

The control of the Holly sites should be taken away from the Saudi government and put under the OIC block. Once that's achieved they can sing or dance and enjoy the freedom of the free speech.

The greatest gift that the creator could have given to them and they still mess it up.

Allah have created us Muslims but under the different influences some nations forget what we represent. If they want to join the monkey clan who are we to stop them. We have lost the Masjid ul Aqsa if it continues like that they will be having parties at the remining other two sites too. Iran was right all along to have a shared control of Makkah and Madinah nothing can't be trusted any more.

I love trance and electronic myself. I have been to many such parties. its a good refreshing atmosphere.

I really love the atmosphere. That's half the fun of being there (for me at least)

I'm a trance guy too. Also into house, Progressive house, Tech-house & Nu Disco

I am not surprised at all, the world heading towards the same fate as Rasool Allah described, Arabs and other Muslims whether willingly or unwillingly doing the exact same things which Rasool Allah has warned us about, but as Quran says that Allah is the best planner and his plan will always succeed in the end, the world will see much more destruction and Islam will be ridiculed to a point where no will even take us seriously, and this situation will keep detreating until the arrival of the biggest Fitna the world has ever seen, and with him will appear a leader from the prodigy of Rasool Allah to lead the Muslims out of that miserable fate, with full help from Allah through Prophet Esa AS. Lets just sit back and let the world go down the slope of self destruct :)

Leave KSA to Saudi's worry about Pakistan where high ranking Ulema's (so-called guardians of honour of the Holy Prophet, peace be upon him) are involved in sodomy with their students.

So now the real al-sauds are out in the open. Religion and sect was always a tool for them to make muslims hostage.

They are the one of the prime party for destruction of khilafah, muslim unity and division after division of muslims in multiple sects ...

Good thing is that they are now no more hiding bheind the religion ...

May Allah save Arabs from leadership of hypocrite Al sauds.

So now the real al-sauds are out in the open. Religion and sect was always a tool for them to make muslims hostage.

They are the one of the prime party for destruction of khilafah, muslim unity and division after division of muslims in multiple sects ...

Good thing is that they are now no more hiding bheind the religion ...

May Allah save Arabs from leadership of hypocrite Al sauds.

This MBS is the real cunt. He has removed so many Islamic laws in SA already.

Previous leaders were better than him.

But end of the world has to come
Leave KSA to Saudi's worry about Pakistan where high ranking Ulema's (so-called guardians of honour of the Holy Prophet, peace be upon him) are involved in sodomy with their students.

Mention their names with proof or shut up and stop lying about our scholars

The control of the Holly sites should be taken away from the Saudi government and put under the OIC block. Once that's achieved they can sing or dance and enjoy the freedom of the free speech.
OIC headquarter is in Saudi Arabia.

Brother case of sodomy, pedophiles are not inknown to nuns and fathers of the church but they dont blame it to the religion or church.

Dont we the harsh reality that most of these moulanas are not mulana by choice but opt it as a source of easy income.

This is a problem of society where such people get inducted as moulana ... Ots not like that sedomy is being taught in madrsas ...

On the contrary situation in colleges and universities is even worst ... Sexual harassment by university teachers and other students is much much common but unfortunately we never highlight it as we r so impressed by west that we want to crtisize religion only ...

I agree that we have hypocrite like moulana fazlu rehman but on the other hand we r religious gems and intellectuals like moulana tariq jamil, dr israr ahmed, abdul sattar ehdi, moulana bashir farooq qadri, shjauddin shiekh.

So our ideals and promotion should be the best religious personalities and not the worst one.
This MBS is the real cunt. He has removed so many Islamic laws in SA already.

Previous leaders were better than him.

But end of the world has to come

Mention their names with proof or shut up and stop lying about our scholars
Sorry brother i dont agree. Previous rulers allowed everrything but secretly in bahrain.

They were hypocrite.

They were just using islam for their own means.

MBS had to end this hypocricy as he knows the days of oil will be over and saudi economy has to perform in other sectors for which he need western investments. To achieve the target he is removing the fake religious viel.

And given to who? Nawaz-not-so-sharif and zardari? We Pakistanis can't even run Pakistan properly and we are worried about how the Saudis should ran their own affairs?............. :disagree:

MBS said he will make Saudi Arabia like Europe. Going for Hajj/Umrah to a land where women expose themselves could be a valid concern.

MBS said he will make Saudi Arabia like Europe. Going for Hajj/Umrah to a land where women expose themselves could be a valid concern.

Then don't go there. Problem solved.
Brother case of sodomy, pedophiles are not inknown to nuns and fathers of the church but they dont blame it to the religion or church.

Dont we the harsh reality that most of these moulanas are not mulana by choice but opt it as a source of easy income.

This is a problem of society where such people get inducted as moulana ... Ots not like that sedomy is being taught in madrsas ...

On the contrary situation in colleges and universities is even worst ... Sexual harassment by university teachers and other students is much much common but unfortunately we never highlight it as we r so impressed by west that we want to crtisize religion only ...

I agree that we have hypocrite like moulana fazlu rehman but on the other hand we r religious gems and intellectuals like moulana tariq jamil, dr israr ahmed, abdul sattar ehdi, moulana bashir farooq qadri, shjauddin shiekh.

So our ideals and promotion should be the best religious personalities and not the worst one.

Sorry brother i dont agree. Previous rulers allowed everrything but secretly in bahrain.

They were hypocrite.

They were just using islam for their own means.

MBS had to end this hypocricy as he knows the days of oil will be over and saudi economy has to perform in other sectors for which he need western investments. To achieve the target he is removing the fake religious viel.

Let the Saudis worry about Saudi Arabia and Pakistanis worry about Pakistan. We have far bigger problems to worry about than the Saudis and other Non-Pakistanis who are doing infinitely much better than us by every measurement.

Saudi's could call anyone to sing for all I care in Riyadh or wherever.
More reason for Muslims to call for an independent Hijaz, ruled by rotating heads from all Muslim countries.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom