What's new

Pictures of Iran before 1979

20100603_IranAir_Concorde_2192.jpg

3315348399_dafd881d17.jpg

concordServingIran.jpg

shah pilot and flying from abu zabi to kish Island in PERSIAN GULF, he tested it by himself

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Abii,why do you think you must be an atheist to be an open-minded,properous person?
Believing in a certain religion is not contradicting the fact that a country can be very technologically and morally advanced.
I'm living in Iran,you don't.I have contacts to many people everyday.Most of them may not be very religious guy,but I know that Believing in God (no matter to which religion or school of thought it belongs) is an important part of their life.Yes,Iranians are much more open minded and liberal than all Arab countries,but they are not all atheists.It's not a bad thing,because religion was part of Iraninan lives long before Islam.We are not China or a Communist country.
There is an good quote :"What if I told you that you don't have to be atheist to believe in science?"

You could believe in whatever you want. I'm just saying you can't believe in an Abrahamic religion and be a rational human being. That would be an oxymoron.

Also I should have said agnostics and atheist. Being an agnostic is perfectly rational in my eyes. Some people aren't comfortable with the thought that the brilliant human brain is just a cosmic "miracle" and not a product of some design. I'm not one of these people, but agnostics believe in god and ignore the crap teachings of religion alltogether and that to me is rational.

vsdoc you're gonna love this one

Bank Melli from 1954.

000051a2_medium.jpeg

An Iranian soldier on sentry duty at his post near the Russian border at Babol-Sar, Iran. (Photo by Three Lions/Getty Images). Circa 1955

0000519d_medium.jpeg

Musicians herald the coming of bridal guests during a wedding ceremony in the Mananderen province near the Caspian Sea. (Photo by Three Lions/Getty Images). Circa 1955

0000519c_medium.jpeg

Village girls dance at a wedding festival in the Mazanderan province of nothern Iran, near the Russian border. (Photo by Three Lions/Getty Images). Circa 1952

00005187_medium.jpeg

00005186_medium.jpeg

The Shah of Persia, accompanied by King George VI, inspecting the guard of honour of the 2nd Battalion Coldstream Guards at Buckingham Palace. (Photo by Fox Photos/Getty Images). 20th July 1948

000050e1_medium.jpeg

Thank the lord for the revoloution

muslims of iran should continue to resist and remain strong, the true muslims of the world are with you regardless of any sunni/shia difference

it is the duty of all muslims everywhere to be worthy of the name

keep the revoloution going

School football teams from Mashhad (1930's)

4103955862_6133d14379_b.jpg

4107999723_a9155033db_b.jpg

Vogue magazine - 1969
Persepolis

Vogue-Iran-01-580x473.jpg

Vogue-Iran-09-580x555.jpg

Vogue-Iran-02-580x431.jpg

Vogue-Iran-03-580x446.jpg

Vogue-Iran-04-580x464.jpg

Vogue-Iran-05-580x518.jpg

Thank the lord for the revoloution

muslims of iran should continue to resist and remain strong, the true muslims of the world are with you regardless of any sunni/shia difference

it is the duty of all muslims everywhere to be worthy of the name

keep the revoloution going

go away wahabi. Don't destroy the thread.

Only photos guys.

Lets keep the politics and theology out.

Most of you already know what I believe as to why most of Iran's present generation is faith-less.

Abii first few are Iranian (I'm aware neither of us was born then - just asking ;))?

Great photos guys, keep them coming. It is sad to see how they ruined this great potential though.

lol this one's kind of interesting

Americans in iran

72271169.jpg

88903679.jpg

29941614.jpg

Iranian army

BANNER.jpg

takavaran5.jpg

ir05_01b.jpg

AFWomen3_jpg.jpg

AFpilotCadetUniform_jpg.jpg

Iran more than Pakistan teaches us to be very very wary about the Americans trying to get close to us.

Back
Top Bottom