What's new

Pictures from peace rally!!

JSK

New Recruit

Reaction score
I dont know if this has been posted before - thought it fit well with current situation. Got it in an email so thought of sharing with everyone :)

These pictures are of Muslims marching through the streets of London
during their recent "Religion of Peace Demonstration."

someone told me that they are actually upset about the deplorable state of public housing.

Others said: “Free speech go to hell”​
Without the slightest sense of irony, no doubt

A.Rahman said:
Others said: “Free speech go to hell”​
Without the slightest sense of irony, no doubt
Ironies indeed.

Some of them are downright hillarious. They need some protest coordinators like they have in America... errr this might just be America for all I know.

No regard for PR, n all that :D. Nice funny pics.

Of course don't forget to add George W. Bush's contribution as well:

There ought to be limits to freedom.
-- George W Bush, complaining about a website (www.gwbush.com) critical of him, at an Austin Press Conference, May 21, 1999, quoted from www.gwbush.com and the Democratic Alliance, "Yes, They Really Said It!"

It's freedom when the Prophet's mocked but not a President?

If these pictures are real and of muslims, then these people do not represent islam, people need to wake up and realize that these crazy people and the violent acts happening around the world do not represent and cannot represent islam or muslims. muslims are being stereotyped, and generalized- something i don't believe you people would accept for yourselves.

why dont you pick up the quran, visit http://www.harunyahya.com/terrorism1.php or the www.islamicity.com and find out what islam is really all about, as for the political realm- the u.s. has designs on the middle east, and is polarizing the world by lumping all muslims into a group with the likes of bin laden and such small crazy groups like the one you show here. notice that those people couldnt even get some professionally made sign, hell i bet some even live on welfare check!, how are they going to take over europe? with a marker and tape :rolleyes: ? people need to realize- the war on terror should not be a war on islam. The hatred against muslims and the aggression against muslims around the world is only driving people to the extent that it creates more terrorists, and people willing to join irrational hate groups such as the one pictured here.

Ironies indeed.

Some of them are downright hillarious. They need some protest coordinators like they have in America... errr this might just be America for all I know.

No regard for PR, n all that . Nice funny pics.

Of course don't forget to add George W. Bush's contribution as well:

There ought to be limits to freedom.
-- George W Bush, complaining about a website (www.gwbush.com) critical of him, at an Austin Press Conference, May 21, 1999, quoted from www.gwbush.com and the Democratic Alliance, "Yes, They Really Said It!"

It's freedom when the Prophet's mocked but not a President?
I Don’t find anything ‘hilarious’ in these pictures – it maybe funny to you – but not to those who get a glimpse at these people and what they have to say WITHOUT any fear.

Let’s not change the topic to GW bush here – he’s done and said many many many things that no one in America is proud of…

If these pictures are real and of muslims, then these people do not represent islam,
I’m sorry but if I had a penny for every time I hear this sentence, I’d probably be a millionare by now ;)

people need to wake up and realize that these crazy people and the violent acts happening around the world do not represent and cannot represent islam or muslims.

Once again, if I had a penny for every time I heard this same old tune ;)

muslims are being stereotyped, and generalized- something i don't believe you people would accept for yourselves.

Muslims were not being stereotypes – in fact, if anything, they were given benefit of the doubt. In fact, saying anything against Islam was like saying the *N* word (at least here in US)

why dont you pick up the quran, visit http://www.harunyahya.com/terrorism1.php or the www.islamicity.com and find out what islam is really all about,

Look, to be honest, there’s a lot of ‘stuff’ written in all holy books – be it Quran, gita, the holy bible or whatnot – I don’t know whats written in any of these books and neither do I care to know – reality is what’s around you, not what was written in thousand years old books

as for the political realm- the u.s. has designs on the middle east, and is polarizing the world by lumping all muslims into a group with the likes of bin laden and such small crazy groups like the one you show here.

Of course, it’s a conspiracy – its always a conspiracy again ISLAM

notice that those people couldnt even get some professionally made sign,

does it matter if it was written on stone or on a cardboard.? Message was pretty clear was it not?

i bet some even live on welfare check!,

Dude…how does that matter..at all? It may not be not these ppl that are terrorists, but they sure are openly supporting it…god damn it!!

how are they going to take over europe? with a marker and tape ?
All terrorism needs is damn support – which these ppl are clearly giving

people need to realize- the war on terror should not be a war on islam.
I agree in a way – but Islam should be the first one to ELIMINATE Terrorism and then preach the world on how awsome their religion is and why it shouldn’t be a war against Islam

The hatred against muslims and the aggression against muslims around the world is only driving people to the extent that it creates more terrorists, and people willing to join irrational hate groups such as the one pictured here.

I agree with you wholeheartedly – you basically proved my point in this last sentence.

JSK said:
I Don’t find anything ‘hilarious’ in these pictures – it maybe funny to you – but not to those who get a glimpse at these people and what they have to say WITHOUT any fear.
Thats the whole point of freedom of speech.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162795,00.html

US congressman talking about nuking Mecca. Any fear there?

Let’s not change the topic to GW bush here – he’s done and said many many many things that no one in America is proud of…
So why not include him into the discussions? Aren't we talking about morons?

Or are you saying "Muslims are morons".

I’m sorry but if I had a penny for every time I hear this sentence, I’d probably be a millionare by now ;)
So what would your highness like to hear? Do you want someone to say "I think that hate speech dude totally rocks!"

No! That is the truth. That'll remain being the truth. He doesn't represent me, so I can say that once or a million times.

Once again, if I had a penny for every time I heard this same old tune ;)
Once again what would you like to hear? Please give us your commandment on what is a sufficient condemnation by office job weilding Pakistani Muslims?

Muslims were not being stereotypes – in fact, if anything, they were given benefit of the doubt. In fact, saying anything against Islam was like saying the *N* word (at least here in US)
Right, have you ever listened to the callers ringing in on American radio shows?

Look, to be honest, there’s a lot of ‘stuff’ written in all holy books – be it Quran, gita, the holy bible or whatnot – I don’t know whats written in any of these books and neither do I care to know – reality is what’s around you, not what was written in thousand years old books
So according to you, a black man can start killing blacks and say he's representing the whites? I imagine the whites would have a major problem with that.

So let us have our problem with terrorists claiming their terror in the name of Islam.

does it matter if it was written on stone or on a cardboard.? Message was pretty clear was it not?

As Rahman said, go back to the Quran. 20 posters and your alarm bells have gone off, read what's written in 20 million Qurans. So all of a sudden the 20 million messages amount to nothing to these 20?

All terrorism needs is damn support – which these ppl are clearly giving
Actually they are pissed off that they were ALL implicated as terrorists when the cartoonist drew the lampooning figures. They are simply exercising their right to freedom of speech.

I agree in a way – but Islam should be the first one to ELIMINATE Terrorism and then preach the world on how awsome their religion is and why it shouldn’t be a war against Islam

I agree with you wholeheartedly – you basically proved my point in this last sentence.

It'll always take two to tango. You can pretty much keep dreaming for things to happen any differently.

Terrorism is an ideology. Islam didn't create this ideology. Go after the source. Islam was there for 1400 years, but it took America's actions during the cold war to create an Osama Bin Laden. So go after the source, and the source is not Prophet Mohammad.

They alow muslims to prtest in that way in christian countries,would any muslim country allow the christians to do that.

NO..and thats the diference.

these pictures are from February - March, when european newspapers published insults against Prophet Muhammad (pbuh & hf). you see it quite clearly in the weather lool.

anyhoo, here are some pictures of actual demonstrations against Israel.

In Sydney 10,000 + same in London. Two thousand in Stockholm's first and 1000 in second & all round europe, Huge in dearborn Michigan.

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2006/07/345845.html

f2fb39af4e1c46700a87fce76505799e.jpg

58deebc4ca7ab1f117a0201691f6c8ef.jpg

66a2452b9a7e9cc7c4abff114c35e1db.jpg

Averröes said:
these pictures are from February - March, when european newspapers published insults against Prophet Muhammad (pbuh & hf). you see it quite clearly in the weather lool.

This is a proper protest march with no flaming,unlike the first march!!!

Bull said:
They alow muslims to prtest in that way in christian countries,would any muslim country allow the christians to do that.

Some Christian groups protest in Pakistan all the time. Wherever there's democracy you'd see open protests.

Some Christian forums don't allow you to hold this argument, Muslims do... That is the difference ;).

Bull said:

any evidence?

I see many christians given freedom to protest in Pakistan.

Little sidenote...

This forum is not going to be used by radicals. Those pictures where nations are threatened are intresting but no longer allowed. It causes a negative impact while only few have the (wrong) radical ideas.

Let me give you some insight. You might not agree with certain politics (say Mr Olmert, Bush, Blair, Musharraf or anyone else) but you never threaten any nation or entire population. No flag burnings. No people with masked faces or those fundamentalists...

So. The pics are gone. Keep it clean.

Munir.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom