What's new

Pictures from GB

Ancient Balti Technology

This bridge connecting Gilgit Baltistan (Pakistan) to Ladakh (India) is located at Chhorbat Farano border.

Pakistan's last village Frano and Ladakh is the bridge that connects India's last village Thang.

This bridge was built by Balti craftsmen hundred years ago.

1621734425291.png

1621980114373.png

A cup of tea with a killer view of Nanga Parbat, the 9th highest mountain in the world at 8126 metres (26,660 ft) above sea level.

The Shangrilla hotels and resort at the Kachura Lake in Skardu.

1622162830362.png

Location ....... district Ghanchy, Sogha Valley, Skardu, Baltistan
Crystal Clear water
💦
💦
😍
😍

📸
Naeem Awan

1623278213045.png

and the wrong type of trees
this one is rama lakeView attachment 753666

Nah, neither is Rama Lake. In fact, I'm pretty sure your picture is also not from Pakistan. People claim it as Ansoo Lake which it definitely is not.

Rama is above the tree line, you only get grass and shrub there. This is Rama

1623762284971.png

Do tell a little more about the trees though. I am illiterate on the subject.

Last edited:
see below, you've done it already, (that is what I should've said: "no trees, only shrubs and grasses)

Ah... I thought they were some pine tree species not found in Pakistan. For a wilderness nut I am ashamedly uneducated on trees.

as was I, in my defense I can blame it on an English blogger from whom I got (stole) it and put it my photo album without a reverse image search.:-)

though it does look like a tear hence some person labeled it as aansoo lake Pakistan

It's our culture of playing loose with "accuracy", deliberately and otherwise. Then someone not aware of these places, like yourself, @ghazi52, and that blogger, comes along and naturally takes their word for it. Why would you not? Why would you need to reverse search it? You shouldn't.

Why would anyone post another country's picture and claim it as Pakistan when there are categorically far more beautiful places in Pakistan is something I can't figure out. How is this

1623777534464.png

Better than this?

1623777566356.png

BTW I've not been to Pakistan for 25 years (there is so much that I can no longer remember nor even picture in my mind) :(

I don't know how you did it sir. Last year I couldn't go up north, this year I couldn't go to Pakistan at all. If it weren't for @ghazi52's threads I would have gone insane. It's a "dhobi kat kutta" situation for myself.

By the facilities and security all around?

Not the point but please elaborate on what facilities exactly are we talking about. Security has never been a notable issue up there.

Believe it or not, those who visit that lake for more than just a tweet would rather keep it just as it is. Plenty of other resorts around the world for the rest.

Not the point but please elaborate on what facilities exactly are we talking about. Security has never been a notable issue up there.

Believe it or not, those who visit that lake for more than just a tweet would rather keep it just as it is. Plenty of other resorts around the world for the rest.

The ease of finding good and safe transportation, clean and affordable hotel facilities, hygienic food and water, for example. Pakistan does have good potential for tourism, but it lacks the many things needed to market it to the masses, particularly international. Just relying on natural beauty does not go very far in the global competition for tourist dollars.

I will not say any more for fear of taking this thread off course. GB remains an area of stunning natural beauty, no doubt, except for areas that are suffering from environmental overload, as you hint.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom