What's new

PIA plane makes emergency landing at Karachi airport

razgriz19

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LAHORE: A Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Islamabad-bound flight made an emergency landing at the Jinnah International Airport Karachi on Monday.

According to sources, the PK-308 flight made an emergency landing at the Karachi airport only 15 minutes after taking off.

The plane had to return to the airport after “vibrations were felt in one of its engines”, officials said. A PIA spokesman said that “nothing untoward” had happened on the flight and all passengers onboard the flight were safe. The same plane was also grounded on Friday. daily times monitor

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

dammit its that same jet(747) that sucked a bird couple of days back!

looks like they didn't assembled it properly..

Islamabad-bound flight in emergency landing at Karachi

pia_lpic-0208.jpg

KARACHI: A PIA passenger plane on Monday made emergency landing at Jinnah International Airport Karachi due to a reported fault in its engine, ARY NEWS reports.

PK-308 was grounded at the airport after vibration was felt in its engine, officials said.

The effected plane was also grounded on Friday after a bird collided with the aircraft.

PIA engineers examined the plane to trace down the fault and decide whether or not the airliner is in condition to be allowed for the flight.

On July 28, a private airliner was slammed into the Margalla Hills when it was apparently off course, killing all 152 people on board. The tragedy was worst ever air incident of the country.

http://www.thearynews.com/english/newsdetail.asp?nid=52951

These r very old planes they need to be replace.

Replace with what?

PIA should thank Pakistanis. Like all of them. Because they are being bailed out every year since i was born........loss making entity. They should let it go under and let private companies take over.

Shouldn't this thread be somewhere else. This is PAF section.

Replace with what?

PIA should thank Pakistanis. Like all of them. Because they are being bailed out every year since i was born........loss making entity. They should let it go under and let private companies take over.

how about the other way around!
pakistanis should thank PIA!
no private airlines in pakistan travel to long international routes like US, canada, etc!

how about the other way around!
pakistanis should thank PIA!
no private airlines in pakistan travel to long international routes like US, canada, etc!

Why thank PIA?

To start with, PIA enforces monopoly on domestic and international routes. Only airlines like Emirates and Etihad can beat em, because They run like 6 flights a day to dubai from Karachi, and PIA can't do shyt because they have neither planes nor the personal capable enough to handle that load. Had PIA done away with it's monopolistic behavior year ago, we would actually be having quite a few private air lines now.

I travel twice a year back home, never on PIA. Just stupid service, baggage issues. I travel Emirates. Peace of mind, good service and good price.

I have been traveling on PIA since i was like an infant. Too bad they are still stuck in 20th century.

So yea....that's my personal experience.

Thank GOD nothing happend forsure GOD have mercey on us .

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom