What's new

PIA plane crash near Model Colony Karachi with 93+ on board

EYn0_BCWsAA47v8

If you look at the above photo, you can see black kite bird above the plane. And what I have seen all my life living in Karachi, black kites don't come in single digits.

Model colony (just like any other area of Karachi) has been converted into a trash dump. CAA has the responsibility to maintain the area of 8 km radius around the airport, and it does. But like you said, what to do about the people?

Well those trails were probably not because they were on fire. It’s a CFM56-5B engine, and these engines don’t have air-oil breather. So hot air-oil fumes from the vent pipe at the tail is common in CFM engines, especially after they were shut down.

Inna-Lillah-i-wa-inna-alaihi-rajeoon

Sad news ALLAH SWT bless the departed souls.
I have just seen the last moments of appoach of aircraft towards the runway - at the end it seems the aircraft had no lift at all and just sit on that residential area.

CCTV shows landing gear extended. Seems like landing gear issue was resolved during go around.

Looks like the pilot managed to fix the landing gear issue and then ran into another issue with regards to speed/lift which as many have said was engine related.

The voice recordings clearing shows that pilot and crew were professional to the end. Respect, and RIP.

Sad news, 2020 is turning out to be very tough year ...:(
May Allah forgive their sins and give quick recovery for those who are injured and also my respect and praise for the rescue workers .

Every 4-5 years we have a crash in Pakistan. Heads need to roll, but sadly just like last time nothing much is going to change.

All inspection of the jet were complete by PIA and pilot medical report was also good.
CEO PIA.

CCTV shows landing gear extended. Seems like landing gear issue was resolved during go around.

Just as I thought and stated previously. The aircraft stalled as shown in this clip.

So from the ATC comms I deduce the following and this is my opinion ONLY!

1. Pilot experience difficulty. But thought he overcame the issue and stated in ATC comms "We are comfortable now, we can make it Inshallah".
2. Established on ILS at 3000 for runway 25L.
3. ATC clears pilot to land on 25L.
4. Pilot says "Roger Pakistan 8303". There is a ALARM SOUNDING in the background!!!
5. Pilot then says "Going around" followed by "We would like to come again for ILS 25L".
6. ATC says "Turn LEFT heading 110 CLIMB to 3000". (Answers why the aircraft crashed just left of the runway)
7. Pilot asks for clarification "Left heading?". ATC confirms. Pilot acknowledges.
8. Pilot asks for height maintenance at 2000 whilst heading left towards the populated area. ATC permits and says maintain 2000. The pilot is 1800 feet at this point (Plane is losing altitude!)
9. Pilot says "Sir we are trying to maintain 2000". Shortly after Pilot says we have lost engines.
10. ATC asks can you confirm you are carrying out belly landing? Then clears Pilot to land on 25L
11. MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY calls the pilot.
12. ATC states roger both runways available.
13. Pakistan 8303 unfortunately clashes.

Apart from the loss of thrust, points 5, 6 & 7 above are the scenario changing events. Surely when going around the SOP is to maintain heading towards the runway just in case and not head into a populated area?
With the loss of engines, the turn and the attempt to climb lost precious energy the aircraft could have used to glide to and belly land on 25L.

Last edited:
Good press conference by PIA chief. Again some one borrowed from army.

Till when Pakistani nation will be kept ignorant. Even the poor send their children to school. Then who does not give them education?

Who does not give them justice?

Its combined corrupt Rulers. Judges. Police. every one corrupt.

Till the day each and every one of this nation is given justice one a one minute notice this will keep on happening.

The will of God.

Back
Top Bottom