What's new

Photos That Prove India And Pakistan Are Just The Same

You could find such similarities with pretty much any two nations in the world if you tried hard enough and were selective with the facts enough.

There's no point in romanticising the relationship with the two sides and pretending reconciliation is conceivable at any point in the near future, there is far too much bad blood between the two nations and to this day there are Pakistanis training and preparing to kill Indians- let us not fall for this contrived attempt to whitewash history and decontexulise the relationship.

Ideologically the two are VERY different natures today.

Especially when even sikhs cannot live with hindus then they should forget about similarities with Pakistanis.

being an Indian you wont know, but in Pakistani villages in olden times Naye (barber) used to do the circumcision.
you got it now?

Ya I got it. I wish I didn't, but now I go home with this image in my mind .....

All running and bending started in your part of the world and ended in mine.

The Maratha always were and always will be an unconquered people. Remember, its either you on the floor or me. There will be no bending or runing. And till the Indus, it was your kind on the floor, soaking the soil red, while their brothers fled across the Indus.

The land that had been green for some time (thanks to the north-western "runners" and "benders" ..... and "lovers") was now proudly saffron once more.

And will remain so. This is the militant Hindu core of Bharat. This is what you can neither defeat nor break nor bend. This is what your empire collided with and was then khaderoed across a continent. Back to your side of the river.

And you did not bleed green. You bled red. :)

Men you you have inferioirty complex. Baloch have been living in Pak Punjab since 14th century. Pathans have been living in Pak punjab since 16-17th century. The only marathi people i can possibly think who are living here are maybe menial castes of punjab who serve zamindars. They kind of look like marathas but otherwise you have nothing to do with us no matter how much you wish.

Marathas in punjab are sweepers.

Man this thread is going rapidly downhill ......

:what: the owner of this thread has not contributed a single comment, so an ownerless thread is surely going to get anywhere the commentators would like it to go.

Man this thread is going rapidly downhill ......

By the way what is the criteria for a thread to become a featured thread?

Peopling_of_eurasia.jpg

here is the link , and more technical link
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Peopling_of_eurasia.jpg

Haplogroup R-M124 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

your hypothesis is based on interaction of tribes war, migrations etc. But majority of South Asians have The Halo group Rm2 and its sub type genes

• Haplogroup R2a is present both in Dravidian and other Indian populations, meaning that R2a has a pan-Indian presence, and not restricted to any linguistic group.
  • Haplogroup R2a has a more significant presence in middle and upper castes.
  • The frequencies of R2a seem to mirror the frequencies of R1a (i.e. both lineages are strong and weak in the same social and linguistic subgroups). This may indicate that both R1a and R2a moved into India at roughly the same time or cohabited, although more research is needed.
  • R1a1 and R2a haplogroups indicate demographic complexity that is inconsistent with a recent single history and is not inconsistent with a more proximal Central Asian input of the R2a haplogroup in the upper castes.
  • R2a has a particularly strong presence in the Indian states of West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat, and in the area of Mumbai (Bombay).
  • The paper claims that there is no evidence that Central Asia was the source of the R1a and R2a lineages in India. The theory that Central Asia could have been the recipient of the two lineages from India should not be ruled out. In addition, the data are not inconsistent with complex exchanges of this haplogroup between Central Asia and the Indian sub-continent, with the latter being both the source and the recipient at different times.

Haplogroup R-M124, along with haplogroups H, L, R1a1, and J2, forms the majority of the South Asian male population. The frequency is around 10-15% in India and Sri Lankaand 7-8% in Pakistan. Its spread within South Asia is very extensive, ranging from Baluchistan in the west to Bengal in the east; Hunza in the north to Sri Lanka in the south.

North Indian Muslims have a frequency of 11%(Sunni) and 9%(Shia), while Dawoodi Bohra Muslim in the western state of Gujarat have a frequency of 16% and Mappla Muslims of South India have a frequency of 5%.[8] The R-M124 haplogroup is also found in 14% of the Burusho people who speak the language isolate called Burushaski.[9]

Last edited:
Nice thread....But..honestly...India is not only all about North Indian Punjab culture nor Jama Masjid of Delhi..it has much more strong identity from South and Eastern part of India from culture perspective...And in the same vein, Pakistan is not all about Punjab.... Your intent is good...But i always feel that rather than finding similarity with Pakistan, we should start respecting the dissimilarities between the two nations then we would start trusting each other more...Of course, the biggest similarity is that we have a huge successful Muslim population in India which shares a same religion with Pakistan.

Conflict isn't the only thing common to India and Pakistan. We are just like neighbours who might quarrel but always have each other’s back. We are like neighbours who may not be too happy with the noisy parties the other throws but who would still like to be a part of each other's happiness.

This article is an attempt to focus on the everyday, the little things which unite us as a people. Forgive me if I come across as stating the obvious. But sometimes, the best of us tend to forget the obvious. And then it's always good to remember, and to remind.

1. We believe in one God.

No matter what side of the boundary one stands on, one can feel the power of faith. However, spirituality for us is more than religion. It is humanity and compassion.

i1.jpg

2. You can't tell the landscape of one from the other at times.

Rocky, steep mountains which stand tall amidst azure streams, upon which frothy white clouds breathe, are a common sight in both countries. A visual treat fit for a traveller’s dreams.

i2.jpg

3. We know our real wealth lies in the luscious, green lands.

Though technological advancements have touched our lives, we continue to worship the land which sustains us. Such is the beauty of our fields that a stroll through the green countryside can drive away the worst worries from one's life.

i3.jpg

4. Cricket is not just a sport for us.

The sport is a major issue of contention between our countries. But doesn’t our shared love for cricket bring us closer?

i4.jpg

5. Our trucks can put the 'Pimp My Ride' team to shame.

From couplets to wisecracks, anything and everything can be spotted adorning the trucks on the road. The splash of colour is proof of our ingenuity and affinity for art.

i5.jpg

6. We love to shake a leg.

Many a times, what can’t be expressed through words, is better expressed through actions. And dance is the most tasteful collection of gestures. Both India and Pakistan have been blessed with varied dance forms which are beautiful, scintillating and amazingly expressive.

i13.jpg

7. Our voices are not drowned out in the streets.

Meandering through the streets, one can come across the varied expressions of identity that the people indulge in. What meets the eye is a voice which is slowly, but surely building an identity.

i7.jpg

8. A mother is just as indulgent on both sides of the border.

They say that no one can love like a mother. And all mothers are capable of showering their children with their selfless love, no matter where they belong. This love can warm any person's heart, no matter which side of the border they stand on.

i8.jpg

Peopling_of_eurasia.jpg

here is the link , and more technical link
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Peopling_of_eurasia.jpg

Haplogroup R-M124 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

your hypothesis is based on interaction of tribes war, migrations etc. But majority of South Asians have The Halo group Rm2 and its sub type genes

• Haplogroup R2a is present both in Dravidian and other Indian populations, meaning that R2a has a pan-Indian presence, and not restricted to any linguistic group.
  • Haplogroup R2a has a more significant presence in middle and upper castes.
  • The frequencies of R2a seem to mirror the frequencies of R1a (i.e. both lineages are strong and weak in the same social and linguistic subgroups). This may indicate that both R1a and R2a moved into India at roughly the same time or cohabited, although more research is needed.
  • R1a1 and R2a haplogroups indicate demographic complexity that is inconsistent with a recent single history and is not inconsistent with a more proximal Central Asian input of the R2a haplogroup in the upper castes.
  • R2a has a particularly strong presence in the Indian states of West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat, and in the area of Mumbai (Bombay).
  • The paper claims that there is no evidence that Central Asia was the source of the R1a and R2a lineages in India. The theory that Central Asia could have been the recipient of the two lineages from India should not be ruled out. In addition, the data are not inconsistent with complex exchanges of this haplogroup between Central Asia and the Indian sub-continent, with the latter being both the source and the recipient at different times.

Haplogroup R-M124, along with haplogroups H, L, R1a1, and J2, forms the majority of the South Asian male population. The frequency is around 10-15% in India and Sri Lankaand 7-8% in Pakistan. Its spread within South Asia is very extensive, ranging from Baluchistan in the west to Bengal in the east; Hunza in the north to Sri Lanka in the south.

North Indian Muslims have a frequency of 11%(Sunni) and 9%(Shia), while Dawoodi Bohra Muslim in the western state of Gujarat have a frequency of 16% and Mappla Muslims of South India have a frequency of 5%.[8] The R-M124 haplogroup is also found in 14% of the Burusho people who speak the language isolate called Burushaski.[9]

You are only posting about haplogroups which are similar from europe to south asia, fail.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom