What's new

Phobias against Muslims and Islam are a reality

A.Rahman

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Phobias against Muslims and Islam are a reality[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9.8.2006 -- In 2002, the Council on American-Islamic Relations reported 602 cases of civil rights abuses against Muslims in the United States. In the most recent year of reporting, 2004, it reported 1,522.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CAIR Chicago office spokesman Sultan Muhammad doesn't doubt that reporting frequency has increased somewhat, but he said the overwhelming proof is that segments of America are finding ethnic and religious profiling acceptable post-Sept. 11.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There have been educational efforts to distinguish Muslims as a whole from radical terrorists, but Muhammad fears the message largely is lost amid daily world news, where voices of violence and radicalism gain more attention than voices of condemnation, and in domestic political rhetoric.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He said, "The majority of the impact has been embedded phobia against Muslims and Islam. Islamaphobia is a reality." In a 2006 poll CAIR found one in four respondents believe Islam is a religion of hatred. That number may be conservative.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]An ABC News/Washington Post poll asked, "Do you think mainstream Islam encourages violence against non-Muslims or is it a peaceful religion?"[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thirty-three percent said it was violent; 54 percent said peaceful; 13 percent were unsure.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In another poll, 39 percent of respondents admitted feeling some prejudice against U.S. Muslims.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Among CAIR's biggest complaints, statistically, is what it classifies as "unreasonable arrest," accounting for a quarter of the civil rights complaints. It refers to arrests without probable cause of a crime. But it also documents claims of job discrimination, threats, housing discrimination, hate crimes and lack of religious accommodation.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Among Muhammad's biggest concerns is that people in positions of leadership feed into the situation, by endorsing racial profiling and making sweeping remarks, some of them highly offensive to Muslims, turban-wearing Sikhs and others. He cites two examples in the following reporting from Associated Press:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Rep. John Cooksey, R-La.: "If I see someone come in and he's got a diaper on his head and a fan belt around that diaper on his head, that guy needs to be pulled over and checked."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Paul Nelson, Wisconsin congressional candidate: "Racial profiling is one way that we can cut down on security risks," Nelson said in an interview with WIXK Radio in New Richmond. When asked how to tell what a Muslim male looks like, Nelson replied, "Well, you know, if he comes in wearing a turban and his name is Mohammed, that's a good start."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Steve Arney [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]sarney@pantagraph.com[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The Illinois Pantagraph[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.pantagraph.com/[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]

I think the word "phobia" is putting it a bit strong, but certainly since 9/11, Bali, Madrid, London, muslims are being regarded suspiciously in the West.
After all the Koran says - [9.123] O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil).
So if we in the West are a bit edgy it's understandable ;)

I think the word "phobia" is putting it a bit strong, but certainly since 9/11, Bali, Madrid, London, muslims are being regarded suspiciously in the West.
After all the Koran says - [9.123] O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil).

Yeah it does say that in one line. But if you pull all the lines together, you'd know that it is not to just kill anyone who does not believe in Allah. It is to defend against those unbelievers who want to kill us, attack us instead. That too amongst them general population of the non-Muslim world is not a legitimate target and only combatants can be fought against.

In the same Surah (chapter9) you quoted, it says:

line12 said:
And if they break their oaths after their agreement and (openly) revile your religion, then fight the leaders of unbelief-- surely their oaths are nothing-- so that they may desist.

Two important things here. IF a peace agreement is broken then fight. And fight who? The leaders only.

I Hope you didnt attended one of these Jesus camp this summer
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1686869996332081185
Anybody wants to sing the detonator song? :P

Man you guys wouldn't believe how difficult it was for us to live in the U.S. after 9-11......:lol: ..

Even now when you say that you are pakistani.......log aevain ghabraa jaatay hain! its amazing:lol:

You say you are a Pakistani? ;) Spanish nahi? :D

I know what you mean. In the US, almost everybody I know tells of a tale about someone in their family who has been shot at by random people after 9/11. While walking on the streets!

The fact remains, Muslims reject Jesus who spoke of love and peace and honour, and that makes them look bad.
PS -The Jews also reject him and God will punish them but that's another story. Are there any Jews in this forum who want to speak?

The fact remains, Muslims reject Jesus who spoke of love and peace and honour, and that makes them look bad.
PS -The Jews also reject him and God will punish them but that's another story. Are there any Jews in this forum who want to speak?

Muslims dont reject Jesus, they only reject the trinity concept

God will punish them

are you life time member of 700 club?

Wheres Boxcar when you need him.

Muslims dont reject Jesus, they only reject the trinity concept?

Muslims say he wasn't the Son of God, surely that's rejecting him?
After all he said he was, and so did God..
As for the Trinity, what about it, it simply means God and Jesus are like two halves of an oyster sharing the same guts - the holy spirit ;)

are you life time member of 700 club?

Never heard of it mate, I go my own way..
Anyway what's it got to do with me saying God is going to punish the Jews?
In ancient times they were his beloved Chosen People, but not any more since they rejected his son.
God will therefore allow the destruction of Israel to make them an example of the terrible punishment for rejecting Jesus..
I've not the slightest doubt that within 20 years God will allow Muslim suicide bombers to detonate suitcase-nukes in all the Israeli cities, turning Israel into a scorched wasteland..

"How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot,....it is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Heb 10:29-31)

PS - To their credit, Muslims haven't completely rejected Jesus because at least they call him a prophet, yet the Jews don't even call him that, they say he's nothing..

care to resolve your war with the formatting?

Never heard of it mate, I go my own way..
Anyway what's it got to do with me saying God is going to punish the Jews?
In ancient times they were his beloved Chosen People, but not any more since they rejected his son.
God will therefore allow the destruction of Israel to make them an example of the terrible punishment for rejecting Jesus..
I've not the slightest doubt that within 20 years God will allow Muslim suicide bombers to detonate suitcase-nukes in all the Israeli cities, turning Israel into a scorched wasteland..

"How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot,....it is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Heb 10:29-31)

PS - To their credit, Muslims haven't completely rejected Jesus because at least they call him a prophet, yet the Jews don't even call him that, they say he's nothing..

And further more Muslims also believe that Hazrat Essa (A.S) (Jesus) will arrive before the grand war with the Anti Christ and move Alongside with Imam Mehdi as a Muslim (at that time both Muslims and Christians will unite) and destroy the final Anarchist the Antichrist himself. Thereby after the Grand War is over, there will be peace, Hazrat Essa (A.S) will live for 40 years on earth as a Muslim. I can only imagine such a day on earth and would surely like to witness it in sha ALLAH (GOD willing).

Apart from that as a Muslim we respect Hazrat Essa (A.S) as one of the most renowned Prophet of Islam. But we also believe that he is NOT the son of GOD but his Prophet. As he was a human being like all others but with Certain unique Gifts bestowed to Him by GOD. GOD cannot take a shape of a Human and GOD is free from all impurities. as GOD was and will be there forever, GOD doesn't need a Wife or a Son. As GOD is one and is absolute. GOD is the Creator and Human is the Creation.

Back
Top Bottom