What's new

Philippines to take in Syrian refugees

All hail the true Leader of ASEAN!
bow_down.jpg

Long live the Philippines.

They won't go to the Phillipines. They refuse even to stay in Italy, Greece or Hungary, countries which are far from poor but not up to the very high standards they're supposedly entitled to.

Pfft! Not this again. What's wrong with them staying in a country of their choosing?

As US allies, they all should take in those refugees because It's America bombed middle east, making the area a mess.

the Philippines is adding favour trying to give good impression to the Judges in EU

japanese will not take up Muslims
Believe me!

We still have tens of millions of folks living in poverty

They cant make a living in China without knowing the Chinese language nor knowing our culture

Let the united Sanctions of america and its allies solve the problems they created
Of course Japan will not take the refugees. I deliberately ask Average Japanese Guy that question because he was bullshitting again. Abe would rather commit HarryCarey instead of taking the fugees. :D

Of course Japan will not take the refugees. I deliberately ask Average Japanese Guy that question because he was bullshitting again. Abe would rather commit HarryCarey instead of taking the fugees. :D

@NinhonJin1051

@Nihonjin1051 your opinions. Will the Japan follow the Filippines steps?

Northern Europe in general.

I assume its for liberal policy on immigration ? To be honest I'm not too familiar with European immigration laws and policies regarding EDPs (externally displaced peoples) and policies relating to refugee housing. In context to Europe. Of course.

Nihonjin1051 tend to be very political correct all the time. As someone who lives in Holland and witness the muslim community behaviours at school, work, sport, i can tell you Nihonjin1051 have no truly understanding of multy
culturalism and the islamic ghettos where no police would even respond. But then again we all are entitled to dream

I must admit i do try to be as politically correct in a forum like PDF because there are a varied amount of eclectic minds here , many of whom resort to personal attacks and hurling vitriol when not needed. In an attempt to cultivate positive rapport with like minded / intellectual minds in this forum, one has to be respectful of the considerations of other people even when their views may not be in tandem with one's own. I suppose its an exercise of social grace to maintain decorum when exchanging views with not-so-pleasant folks who resort to un-intellectual dictum. Be that as it may, we should still at least give respect.

Secondly, you're right, I have not been exposed to what you refer to as 'islamic ghettos', tho I have been exposed to lower socio-economic stratum communities in the inner cities of the United States such as in Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Chicago. Some of the lower economic communities are victim of social engineering policies turned south as well as dysfunctional social culture in some ethnic groups due in part to lack of education, lack of economic resources, and high criminal activity (which may or may not be contributed to and correlative to said social conditions aformentioned). In my experience, however, sir, I believe that the ghetto culture is directly influenced by decreased resources as well as limited educational investiture in said specific population groups and that exit from the ghetto social culture requires exercise in mastering necessary social graces ergo, attaining an education, assimilating into host culture, and abiding by the laws of the land.

Do I believe this is the solution to Europe's urban social quagmires? Yes, absolutely. Will it be it be a challenging goal? Of course it will, and it will be a multi-generational goal. But it can be attained.

Sincere Regards,
Arigadou Gozaimasu,
@Nihonjin1051

Pfft! Not this again. What's wrong with them staying in a country of their choosing?

You're right. These refugees, especially susceptible population such as women, children and elderly, should be given and granted amnesty and entrance into peaceful host countries. Right now, these susceptible population groups require physiological safety, a sense of safety and belonging, and self actualization. As per Abraham Maslow's Hierarchy of Human Needs.

Regards,
Dr. Nihonjin1051, Ph.D.

Mate.. Been to Japan many time's and the assimilation in to Japanese society does'nt have the same meaning to what it means in the West, Now don'nt get me wrong and in fact i quite admire the Japanese for this quality of yours.. Never will and never can a Gaijin fully assimilate to the Japanese society.. That is a fact

Now i have lived in Tokyo/ Chiba(Ichinoie) and in Nagoya and have come across many South Asian and middle eastern communities.. Majority are not even close to being assimilated, Sure they all speak Japanese but thats because you need to get by, But most of these people are highly ghettoized and have little in contact with everyday Japanese.. If you go to area's like Savara, Katori city in Chiba etc you will will see this

By contrast Filipino and Brazilian and Peruvian communities in Japan seem to be more assimilated to the overall community in Japanese sense

I hope you dont take offense but this is my personal experience as a non Japanese

Hello @Gibbs , Thank you for sharing that very astute personal experience, which i suppose holds some truth to it. You do not have to apologize as I do not take offense to your personal observation(s). Thank You for sharing it.

Regards,
Dr. Nihonjin1051, Ph.D.

@Cossack25A1 @JayMandan

The Philippines is suffering from an Islamist insurgency wouldn't be the smartest thing to do taking in refugees with have radical and Isis sympathies. They could support the Moro Islamists ?

The chickens are coming to home to roast for Europe supporting Islamists and overthrowing moderate rulers, no wonder Europe is turning into a shithole wonder how many more Lee Rigbys will happen.

There is that threat aside from the fact that we have domestic problems that is yet unresolved.

My guess is that the act of taking in refugee is just a way for the Aquino government to "show off" to the international community without thinking of the possible repercussions and negative outcomes..

This is really horrible, you know, they started devil war, but in a noble name. Few people realize the danger while applaud the invasion. Last time it happened in Vietnam War.
Murican logic start a fire then douse the fire with petrol to put it out

There is that threat aside from the fact that we have domestic problems that is yet unresolved.

My guess is that the act of taking in refugee is just a way for the Aquino government to "show off" to the international community without thinking of the possible repercussions and negative outcomes..

If i recollect, however, and as mentioned by one member, the Philippines did host the boat people from Vietnam on their route to the United States during the 1980s, yes? So there is a continuity in regards to the Philippines giving and offering a helpful hand.

Time for Washington to take real action on EU refugee plight
By Chen Shilei Published: 2015-9-9 19:28:01

00287973-49d8-4372-b96f-0fc806192a66.jpeg

As Europe pulls a long face amid a tidal wave of refugees, it is high time for its cross-ocean ally, the US, to abandon its "wait-and-see" attitude and take concrete actions to solve the acute crisis.

A recent UN report said that more than 300,000 refugees, 80 percent of them from Syria, entered Europe through the Mediterranean from January to August, exceeding the number of last year as a whole.

The total number of refugees fleeing to Europe, some of whom also came from Iraq, Yemen, Libya and Egypt, is estimated to have reached 1 million.

Such a massive migration is not the result of isolated cases of stealing into other countries, but an outpouring of the humanitarian crises in some war-torn countries, where people's basic human rights are not guaranteed. And the US should mainly be blamed for the chaotic situation for starting the wars and destabilizing other countries through various means.

Take Iraq. In 2003, the US and Britain bypassed the UN Security Council and unilaterally launched military strikes against Iraq, claiming that the country hid weapons of mass destruction and supported terrorists. Their real motive was actually to topple the anti-US Saddam regime.

About 162,000 Iraqis lost their lives in the war and several million civilians fled to neighboring Jordan and Syria, contributing indirectly to today's refugee crisis in Europe.

Later, in 2010, the so-called Arab Spring uprisings engulfed Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen and Syria, causing political upheavals, economic depression and social unrest in these countries. Extremist groups such as the Islamic State also began to take root and have launched heinous attacks, causing a massive outflux of asylum seekers to Europe.

Facing the biggest refugee crisis since WWII, the EU is struggling to form a joint action plan, with its member countries divided in their responses to the migrants.

Germany has temporarily relaxed its border rules to receive thousands of migrants, while some East European countries, restrained by their financial limitations, still closed their doors to the migrants.

The US, which is mainly responsible for the crisis, showed no signs of planning to significantly increase its intake of refugees, despite its promise to provide $4 billion for refugee relief.

Many lessons can be drawn from the current refugee crisis in Europe, the most important of which is that Washington should reflect on its policy to impose "American democracy" on other countries, which has only led to turbulence, killing and displacement of civilians there.

While the US is not expected to drastically adjust its foreign policies overnight, right now it should honor its moral obligation and take concrete actions to help the EU solve the refugee crisis.

@Götterdämmerung

I would say, Philippines is being badly used in this case. Mr. Aquino would have been better if he had come out and asked the US to clean off the mess it created directly and through proxies.

China won't take a single person in; it is first and foremost responsible to take care of 1.4 billion citizens.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom