What's new

Petrol prices increased to Rs98.89 per litre

In the UK we're paying PKR 257 per litre. If you have to import oil, life is tough. When the price of oil goes up, the cost at the pumps goes up. Who do Pakistani consumers think should pay the difference of not the people who use the oil? The state could reduce taxes on the oil - but then they'd have to reduce spending elsewhere.

I have a suggestion for GoP. For every 1 rupee of additional tax earned from other routes, reduce the tax on fuel by half a rupee. So for example, assume the annual tax earnt from taxing oil is currently PKR 1 billion. If the govt can earn an extra 100 million PKR of tax from other routes, they should reduce the tax on oil by 50 million PKR.

This will help reduce the burden on the population as a whole, but at the same time will not be from cutting spending on other places.

Pakistan processes 400000 barrels of oil per day. 1 barrel of oil = 159 liters

Price of oil in India = $1.13
Price of oil in Pakistan = $0.7

Total liters of oil processed in Pakistan per day = 63600000

Price difference in India Pakistan gasoline price = PKR 60.57

If price of oil increased to Indian price in Pakistan Govt will earn per day PKR 3,852,252,000

Total population of Pakistan = 200 million

Govt can give every citizen PKR 5778 per month unemployment benefit just by making oil price equal to Indian oil price.

lol - that doesn't work. Yeah you might be able to hand out monthly cash, but cost of living will rise, more than likely nullifying any benefit. Most business requires transportation, either of goods, or labour or services. Oil is the basic cost of that transportation. If it goes up, prices go up, or profits go down.

The other big problem is that over a third of our electricity is produced from burning oil. If the price of oil goes up, the price of the goods we manufacture goes up, which could make them too expensive to export, or even buy locally.

The solution to our electricity problems are this;

1. Switch from burning oil to burning coal, or renewable sources of energy.
2. Mass public transport including freight by electrified bus/rail networks/canals.

Looking towards the future - we should think the same as everyone else in the world. Why are we all commuting as much as we are? Is it really required? How could we work around it?

Brent crude oil average price in 2013 USD 108.56

Brent crude oil average price in 2019 USD 59.41
Thank you then check Pakistan loan in 2013 which you have to return back and then check Pakistan loan which you have to return in July 2018.

What you do not understand is the simple fact that the poor cannot afford these price hikes.

You are content to pay more because you have more. They do not.

Continue to oppress them more.

Genius that is my point if they can afford 113/litre price that is in 2013 then I am sure they will be able to afford this temporary price as well.

Price we all have to pay for choosing PMLN and PPP in past. If you have corruption case that Imran khan is doing corruption with the money feel free to share. Otherwise he has already said that federal government already in loss and not a single penny left each time in qoomi khazana due to return of the loan taken in the past and now we have to pay interest on it.

But ghajni awaam will always remain ghajni.

Genius that is my point if they can afford 113/litre price that is in 2013 then I am sure they will be able to afford this temporary price as well.

Price we all have to pay for choosing PMLN and PPP in past. If you have corruption case that Imran khan is doing corruption with the money feel free to share. Otherwise he has already said that federal government already in loss and not a single penny left each time in qoomi khazana.

But ghajni awaam will always remain ghajni.

Jai Imran Jai

It is pathetic to compare countries like Norway and others with Pakistan in terms of fuel prices.
Its not pathetic because both Pakistan and Norway buy from same source and pay same price.

So if you believe the petrol price is not affordable than GOP should give subsidy? How to pay for it? Loans?

Subsidies are creating the same bag cycle which has destroyed us. Yes some areas you have to give subsidy but not on everything.

Rather than giving subsidy GOP should use that money to revitalise economic activity so that there is job creation and increased output which in result lead to higher wage growth and people will be able to afford the fuel.

By giving subsidy you are taking away money which can be used to improve economic output thus suppressing wage growth leading to stagnant gdp growth. This is exactly what happened to use for the last two government.

From GDP growth of of 7.67 in 2005 to less than 5%.

There is never a free lunch.

Its not pathetic because both Pakistan and Norway buy from same source and pay same price.

So if you believe the petrol price is not affordable than GOP should give subsidy? How to pay for it? Loans?

Subsidies are creating the same bag cycle which has destroyed us. Yes some areas you have to give subsidy but not on everything.

Rather than giving subsidy GOP should use that money to revitalise economic activity so that there is job creation and increased output which in result lead to higher wage growth and people will be able to afford the fuel.

By giving subsidy you are taking away money which can be used to improve economic output thus suppressing wage growth leading to stagnant gdp growth. This is exactly what happened to use for the last two government.

From GDP growth of of 7.67 in 2005 to less than 5%.

There is never a free lunch.

I am not asking for any relief.

The prices in Norway are directly linked to open market oil prices. Are they the same in Pakistan?

Please man i am sick and tired of parhe likhe log coming in and trying new ways to loot the poor.

Jai Imran Jai.. now please do not lynch me

تحریک انصاف کا شکریہ جنہوں نے اج پٹرول کی قیمت میں اضافے کے خلاف مظاہرہ کیا

55901854_2183927755033329_1007989220477763584_n.jpg

تحریک انصاف کا شکریہ جنہوں نے اج پٹرول کی قیمت میں اضافے کے خلاف مظاہرہ کیا

55901854_2183927755033329_1007989220477763584_n.jpg

If only these people were in power. they feel the dard, they have the ehsaas

oh wait

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom