What's new

Peshawar Massacre - TTP kills hundreds of school kids (Avoid graphic pics/vids)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This tendency to gravitate to conspiracies is extremely detrimental to efforts by many many wise, intelligent, wonderful, warm people I've been blessed to have met from Pakistan. People who are working hard at getting Pakistan to a better place.

I know the good General embellishes from time to time (see Kargil). I'd like to read where he stated that the TTP is funded by India. Some day ask me what's India's involvement in Pakistan, separately from this thread, and I will give a quick synopsis.

Good honest man Chuck has just stated the facts. You don't get to decide what is a conspiracy theory or not because you have no idea yourself what to believe.

here comes the cover up, if india is involved in this crime in anyway, be ready to payback.

Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan hostile to India: Govt | Zee News

New Delhi: Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, which was responsible for the killing of 141 people, mostly children in a school in Peshawar, is considered to be hostile to Indian interests and has been maintaining links with al-Qaeda in the Indian sub-continent, Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.

Minister of State for Home Haribhai Parathibhai Chaudhary said Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan - Jamaatul Ahrar (TTP-JA) had claimed responsibility for the suicide attack on the Pakistani side of the Wagah Border on November 2, 2014.

"This terror organisation and its all other factions are considered to be hostile to Indian interests and believed to maintain links with Al-Qaeda/Al-Qaeda in Indian sub-continent. Some TTP commanders have also declared allegiance to the Amir of the Islamic State (IS), Abu Bakr al Baghdadi," he said replying a written question.

Chaudhary, however, said there is no attempt by Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan to set up bases in India.

Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan is blamed for killing of 141 people, mostly children, at an army-run school in Peshawar.

PTI

here comes the cover up, if india is involved in this crime in anyway, be ready to payback.
When Indians are safe in Afghanistan, than why not in India?

Good honest man Chuck has just stated the facts. You don't get to decide what is a conspiracy theory or not because you have no idea yourself what to believe.
you just raped the boggy man.

Nice way to resolve the situation!! Close your eyes, throw out few more conspiracies, blame others and that's it you resolved the crisis situation!! I can assure you with attitude like this no one can help you, not even god!!

Every one knows a lot of oil money is used in funding the terrorism in Pakistan but idiots will remain blind to it.. Yes it is India to be blamed for everything!! Losers!!

For Our Children

16 December 2014 is one of the worst days Pakistan has had to live through since its inception. This national tragedy, which has caused unimaginable grief and pain across the landscape, will not and must not be forgotten anytime soon.

Muhammad Khorasani of Jamat-ul-Ahrar, also known as Omer Khorasani, of the Jamat-ul-Ahrar, a faction of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan led by Mullah Fazlullah, has accepted responsibility for the attack on the school. In his statement given to the media, the militant commander termed the attack as retaliation for the ongoing military operation in FATA.

Some say that at a time like this, it is not wise and appropriate to blame the government or state institutions. Such a tragedy calls for unity, and criticism doesn’t help to achieve that purpose. But no consensus can be built, no wrong can be corrected, no problem can be solved by deciding against speaking the truth.

And the truth is this: Not just terrorists, but everyone, from the wider population to the civil and military leadership is responsible for the barbarity our children were subjected to.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, your government has contributed absolutely nothing towards building a narrative against extremism. Operation Zarb-e-Azb started without your permission, and it continues absent meaningful political ownership. You have refused to act against seminaries funded through Saudi money, which are poisoning the minds of our youth and turning them into zealots. Instead of putting them behind bars, the Punjab government protects sectarian elements as they return the favour by not attacking you and taking out rallies in your support.

Chairman Imran Khan, you are the most mainstream and consistent Taliban sympathiser in the country. Despite the murder of 132 children in the capital of the province where your party is in power, you couldn’t muster the courage to name the Taliban. You have done a great disservice to this nation by repeatedly justifying the murder of your fellow countrymen and pushing a toxic narrative based on factual inaccuracies and ignorance.

Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif, despite all that has happened, despite the many sacrifices of the brave soldiers who have died fighting terrorists, you refuse to employ a blanket policy against non-state actors. While the military conducts operations against bad Taliban in FATA, it continues to protect sectarian elements in Quetta, the Afghan Taliban and other ‘jihadi’ organisations such as Jamat-ud-Dawa. The country is reaping what it has sown over decades.

Citizens, you seek comfort in conspiracy theories to avoid facing the ugly truth. What will it take for you to unite against extremism unequivocally and without provisos?

The idea is not to berate or discourage, but to offer a reality check and prompt change of policy for the sake of our children, for the sake of our country’s future. Only the truth will set us free.

This propensity for seeing a conspiracy among so many educated Pakistanis, above beyond the normal bite rate has always troubled me.

Every country has citizens who are prone to conspiracy theories, but in Pakistan it flourishes to a point where I once had a Pakistani UN representative ask me, " Was Osama really living in Pakistan, I don't believe it". This was after his wife's left behind confessed he was there, after AQ announced that he was indeed killed in that raid, after Pakistan did a DNA test on the blood left behind on the top floor confirming it was Osama's blood, and after we showed Pakistan the picture of Osama's body at that villa.

This tendency to gravitate to conspiracies is extremely detrimental to efforts by many many wise, intelligent, wonderful, warm people I've been blessed to have met from Pakistan. People who are working hard at getting Pakistan to a better place.

I know the good General embellishes from time to time (see Kargil). I'd like to read where he stated that the TTP is funded by India. Some day ask me what's India's involvement in Pakistan, separately from this thread, and I will give a quick synopsis.

A very detrimental part of modern culture is the tendency to dismiss things by giving them simplistic labels. One such label is "conspiracy theory". This is a label which tends to shut down thought automatically, as one reflexively starts regurgitating well-worn cliches.

I'm disappointed that the poster above has not actually addressed any of the specific points I made. I definitely did not just throw up my hands and say "Oh, the TTP must all be a conspiracy!" I gave a very specific line of reasoning, the end result of which is that India is to be considered a prime suspect for the role of covertly backing the TTP. I am somewhat offended that the poster has not shown the slightest sign of understanding this line of reasoning, and has just chosen to smear me (indirectly) with the label "conspiracy theorist".

The problem of TTP has multiple causes, some internal to Pakistan and some external. I argued above that the prime suspect for the role of providing external backing for the TTP is India (I didn't say I could prove it definitively, since covert actions are designed to be deniable by others).

People need to grow up and realize that conspiracies happen all the time. Major intelligence agencies such as Pakistan's ISI and India's R&AW run many covert operations, and hence set many conspiracies in motion. They're good at this, and so it is hard to prove for certain that conspiracies are going on; yet one can have reasonable hypotheses, and as I said, India deserve to be treated as a prime suspect when it comes to the role of externally backing the TTP insurgency.

Bollywood stars paying tributes:

news-1418734579-6627.jpg

Pentagon sees Pakistan proxy war as means to counter Indian armed forces

New Delhi/Washington: In a blunt assessment of terrorist safe havens in Pakistan, the Pentagon told the US Congress that Pakistan is using militant groups as proxies to counter India’s superior military.

Reacting to the report, India on Tuesday described it as a manifestation of the growing acknowledgement across the world of the neighbouring country’s role in international terrorism.

“Afghan- and India-focused militants continue to operate from Pakistan territory to the detriment of Afghan and regional stability. Pakistan uses these proxy forces to hedge against the loss of influence in Afghanistan and to counter India’s superior military,” the US defence department told Congress in its latest six-monthly report on the current situation in Afghanistan.

“These relationships run counter to Pakistan’s public commitment to support Afghan-led reconciliation. Such groups continue to act as the primary irritant in Afghan-Pakistan bilateral relations,” the Pentagon said in the report that ran into more than 100 pages.

Reacting to the disclosures in the report by the Pentagon on Pakistan using militant groups as proxies to counter India’s superior military, minister of state for home Kiren Rijiju said: “We all know this, as this is the policy of Pakistan... Everyone knows Pakistan is doing wrong.”

Referring to the attack on the Indian Consulate in Herat, the Pentagon said this was done just ahead of the swearing-in ceremony of Narendra Modi as the Prime Minister of India.

Read: Pentagon report: US notes India’s Afghan interests

“In May of this reporting period, the Indian consulate in Herat Province was attacked by a group of four heavily armed militants. The attack came three days prior to the swearing-in of the new Indian

Prime Minister, Narendra Modi. Prime Minister Modi is perceived as being close to Hindu nationalist groups, a fact that may have played into the timing of the attack,” the report said, according to news agency reports from Washington.

“In June, the US Department of State announced that the terrorist group Lashkar-e-Taiba was responsible for the attack. Following the attack, former Afghan President Karzai denounced the attack and made strong statements supporting relations with India,” the report said.

The Pentagon informed the Congress that India continues to support Afghanistan, believing a secure and stable Afghanistan will benefit the region and facilitate economic corridors into Central Asia.

“India and Afghanistan signed a strategic partnership declaration in 2011, which formalised cooperation on governance, economics, commerce, education, public administration, and security and law enforcement,” it said. Subsequent engagements are reinforcing the positive relationship between Afghanistan and India, the report said.

“India supports a variety of high-visibility projects and initiatives in Afghanistan. These ventures are focused primarily on major infrastructure projects, including electricity generation and transmission, road construction, and mining,” it said.

“India has shown increased interest in Afghan security assistance, though activities in this area remain limited. India currently offers India based training to ANSF personnel across a number of specialities and the Indian government committed to expand this programme. India does not provide direct military support or training in Afghanistan,” the Pentagon said.

Incidentally, the MEA had recently described as “unverifiable”, reports that the new Afghan Government may withdraw its request made earlier to New Delhi for more military assistance from India.

Nice way to resolve the situation!! Close your eyes, throw out few more conspiracies, blame others and that's it you resolved the crisis situation!! I can assure you with attitude like this no one can help you, not even god!!

Every one knows a lot of oil money is used in funding the terrorism in Pakistan but idiots will remain blind to it.. Yes it is India to be blamed for everything!! Losers!!

Another Indian who just doesn't bother to read anything I say. Oh, well. So be it.

“If [Pakistan] glorifies certain jihadis, like the ones targeting Kashmir or India, then the jihad industry remains operative,The Pakistani Taliban are offshoots of that jihad industry. They are both the consequence of and contributors to that jihadi infrastructure. So until there is a national consensus that none of them are in the interest of Pakistan, this issue will not be resolved.”

Peshawar Attack Highlights Pakistan's Contradictory Approach To Different Strains of Taliban

Pentagon sees Pakistan proxy war as means to counter Indian armed forces

New Delhi/Washington: In a blunt assessment of terrorist safe havens in Pakistan, the Pentagon told the US Congress that Pakistan is using militant groups as proxies to counter India’s superior military.
<snip>

I'm waiting to see if anyone accuses you of being a "conspiracy theorist". That smear seems to be reserved, for some unfathomable reason, only for people who claim India is using militant groups as proxies to cause problems for Pakistan.

I'm waiting to see if anyone accuses you of being a "conspiracy theorist". That smear seems to be reserved, for some unfathomable reason, only for people who claim India is using militant groups as proxies to cause problems for Pakistan.

It has already been established that bharatis are some of the biggest conspiracy theorists out there. Conspiracy theories with respect to Pakistan protecting OBL (White house already called BS on that claim), Pakistan state being involved in 2008 Mumbai attacks (no evidence, not proven anywhere, not taken seriously anywhere outside of bharat) are some of the examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom