What's new

Peshawar Massacre - TTP kills hundreds of school kids (Avoid graphic pics/vids)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly heroic to kill innocent children, is it? True men would stand and fight, but these characters are obviously desperate, almost defeated and have run out of ideas. Shame on them.

The more perfect the information the ISI has about the TTP the
more they must be a part of the organization itself and be a part of its crimes.

Taken to its extreme you get a situation like that satirized in an episode of the old TV comedy spy show Get Smart: Maxwell Smart breaks up the leadership council of the KAOS terrorist organization by outing all of them as agents of competing U.S. intelligence services! If only the priority had been upon destroying terrorist organizations rather than infiltrating and controlling them their resultant terror would be much less of a problem.

That is exactly what the situation is. people thinking that army will do bombing the hide outs, etc .. is just to calm the public. The major role will be ISI's They have the complete information and will act accordingly only.

Afghan Taliban and TTP are very different. The TTP *want* you to think they are the same, since their Indian handlers want to create the impression that the Afghan Taliban have come back to haunt Pakistan. This narrative is false. The Afghan Taliban never committed anything like the Peshawar atrocity, nor did they play football with the severed heads of soldiers, nor did they have an issue with the Pakistani army or state.

You should read "Open Secrets" by Maloy Krishna Dhar. He describes the process of Indian agents learning to imitate religious Muslim men in some detail.

The point I am making is not that Indian agents are funding them. What exactly Iam saying is ISI has more information on TTP, which means ISI has more control over TTP than Indian counterparts. But I do not believe that Indians are anywhere close to TTP. There is no major Interest in that region. What ever happened in Peshawar, I am sure ISI was completely aware of this happening.

I don't see anything wrong in his opinion. Its just different from yours which makes it wrong for you. All religions from their inception have had differing interpretations. What was promoted and practised depended entirely upon what was deemed suitable by the ruling class of the time.

The most prominent thinkers of Islam like Ibn Rushd or Ibn Sina to Al Ghazali had their own different understanding of Islam. The former ushered in unprecedented intellectual growth while the latter stunted it without wanting it to.

The whole world is moving forward and advancing in the fields of science, technology and art, while we sit here and debate a religion that is mostly man made.

As you may agree, the first paragraph applies to all. There is no "right" answer here, just various degrees of what has a greater positive impact.

The whole world is moving forward and advancing in the fields of science, technology and art, while we sit here and debate a religion that is mostly man made.

Most of the world follow some sort of religion and god thereof, you just cannot attribute world development to few atheists.
Whereas, Oscar is a wannabe converted atheist.... and there's always a risk that he may convert back, because deep in his heart he knows he is falsifying Islam.

That is just having a big paint brush and brush away, at least the others tried to make an argument and you can try to do so too you know, if Saudi Arabia started making money tomorrow through huge amounts of Gold mines, then terrorist will stop? Your logic is just so ignorant it hurts.

Qatar is the blacksheep of ME, giving bad name to rest of all.

Whereas terrorism is mostly the drug money and unaccounted funds of CIA, but money without weapon is worth nothing, now imagine some organization in market looking for weapons and vehicles for a long war, at times when whole world has waged war on terrorism and are exercising strict control and vigilance, but that rag tags menace manage to pull every thing through.

Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for - Washington Times

Pakistan / Afghanistan will remain international battle ground, there are all the signs of 2015 being the worst year, this world has ever seen.

I have been following all the news, Zaid Hamid, Mubasshar Luqman.. creating war hysteria blaming India and RAW. They are the biggest sympathisers of Taliban in Pakistan but I bet, ISI won't let TTP disappear because ISI also get lot's of Info from TTP. And TTP is not just one person organization... there are 100 affiliated groups. Which are operated by ISI which are funded by unknown who knows?

You are strangely mis-informed. You decide to inform yourself via the most vile characters and you think you can then just regurgitate all that stuff and be taken seriously?

Mubashar Luqman is a discredited (non)journalist who rushed to ultra-nationalist camp knowing that only these fools would not care about his tainted reputation. You read PTI-followers quoting this hyena and you think he is credible?

Zaid Hamid? You serious? You think he matters much?

Feel free to fool yourself.

ISI has nothing to do with TTP apart from infiltrating it to get information about their plans. ISI conceivably kept Haqqanis neutral, because they did not target Pakistan. But all these distinctions have firmly disappeared for the last many months.

So is it your contention that religion should be mixed into the workings of a modern state? That may be your opinion but far more likely to be wrong compared to my clear view that religion must remain confined to the personal domain if a state is to work properly for all its citizens. There is evidence aplenty.

It is my view that religion must be used to remove harm caused by religion. The more detailed idea is your juxtaposition or hyperbole based on the former being stated by me.

Let him be, sir. He is just a lowly PTI-bot troll. No one can educate this lot.

I like to focus on specific issues, rather than identify with any party. On some issues, IK is right. On other issues, TUQ is right, such as the recognition that the TTP is backed by allies of the USA.

On yet other issues, NS....wait a minute, NS is just a duffer who does what is politically expedient.

Most of the world follow some sort of religion and god thereof, you just cannot attribute world development to few atheists.
Whereas, Oscar is a wannabe converted atheist.... and there's always a risk that he may convert back, because deep in his heart he knows he is falsifying Islam..
And right there, is the proof that you are literate but not educated, because on the very thread you see me having an argument with someone who believes that I want more religion within the state... a complete 180 to the accusation you bring. :rofl:

You are strangely mis-informed. You decide to inform yourself via the most vile characters and you think you can then just regurgitate all that stuff and be taken seriously?

Mubashar Luqman is a discredited (non)journalist who rushed to ultra-nationalist camp knowing that only these fools would not care about his tainted reputation. You read PTI-followers quoting this hyena and you think he is credible?

Zaid Hamid? You serious? You think he matters much?

Hamid's impact is huge, whether you agree with him or not. He has lots of followers.

I expect you won't like or have trouble believing the answer, Oscar. I realize, Oscar, that you're limited in what you can say by the official diktat last month after the Model U.N. fiasco that Pakistanis may not represent Israelis' side of the story accurately as a matter of blind and unquestionable loyalty to the "Palestinian" cause.

Israel behaves as it does because it's leadership bases its actions upon moral and legal values, not blind strategic advantage. It's a very big difference between Pakistani and Jewish thinking, one I've seen Pakistani diplomats have great difficulty accepting, even though it fits Occam's Razor and all.

This conclusion is unacceptable, hence the resort to conspiracy thinking, misinterpretation, misrepresentation, and outright lies demeaning the Jewish State. But once a person thinks this way about anything, why not apply the same approach in everyday life? Why curse the Jews for everything and see a Zionist plot on every corner? Oscar, I think you can realize, now, that Pakistanis have been badly messed up in their heads this way. I think the best way to regain the sort of clear thinking required to analyze Pakistan's problems with accuracy is to fight for the right of free and open debate at all levels of society, in all subjects. Even if that includes having to argue that Pakistan has been in the wrong for generations and should seek the Jews of Israel as its friend, ally, and model and reject the false songs from the dreamhouse of the Arabs glorifying terror and the murder of young innocents.

Not sure on what model UN fiasco or the Palestinian cause has to do with the fact that Israel as a nation has been fighting for its survival since its inception, and hence is willing to go to any measures to protect itself and the Zionist cause it represents.. but clearly you are not exactly on the viewpoint and as I said earlier.. on the horse of self righteousness like many with their own opinions.. me included in some cases.

It is my view that religion must be used to remove harm caused by religion. The more detailed idea is your juxtaposition or hyperbole based on the former being stated by me.

How can "religion must be used to remove harm caused by religion"? The harming agent must be confined and removed from the public domain if there is to be order and fairness in society. Replacing cherry flavor with grape flavor of the same poison will never work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom