What's new

Peshawar Massacre - TTP kills hundreds of school kids (Avoid graphic pics/vids)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 9/11, the confusion reached an unprecedented peak. A few years ago, I heard a lecture by a professor (of applied ethics) who had found more than 100 different definitions of the term being used in different publications. That is quite an amazing level of confusion for such a widely used term.

You have a point, unfortunately.

The British PM started the years final question session with condemning the attacks, and stating they stand with Pakistan. The same goes for many others, but our so called Muslim brethren are very quiet.

Not entirely true - there have been condemnations from several. Here you go:

GCC Secretariat:
GCC Secretary General condemns terrorist attack in Pakistan - Khaleej Times

Iran:
Iran strongly condemns Peshawar terrorist attack

Bangladesh:
Bangladesh PM condemns deadly Taliban attack on Pakistan school -
bdnews24.com

Malaysia:
Najib condemns Taliban attack on Pakistan school | New Straits Times

Indonesia:
Indonesia condemns Taliban attack on Pakistani school | The Jakarta Post

Afghanistan:
Afghan Govt. Condemns Pakistan School Attack
iafrica.com Afghan Taliban condemn Pakistan attack

Egypt:
State Information Services Egypt strongly condemns Peshawar school attack

Algeria:
Attack on school in Peshawar: Algeria strongly condemns "odious" and "barbaric" crime

Maldives:
vnews - Countries condemn 'cruel cowardice' of Pakistan attack

I overlook Turkey because its a secular European country, which is liberal.

The European Union's pussyfooting over the years clearly demonstrates that actual Europeans do not agree that Turkey is "secular", "European" or "liberal" enough for membership. Do our own secular liberals know better?

No buddy. I don't deny the facts. But my question is, where are the facts? Why didn't they show Osama's dead body just like Saddam, Uday & Gaddafi?

Coz it'll spark a rebellion. And they did right, retaliation to avenge Osama has been nil till now.

Hafez Saeed is still on the terrorists list. He walks free because Pakistan chooses not to prove anything against him, not because there is nothing to be proved against him. He walks free because repeatedly the courts in Pakistan have been frustrated at nothing substantial being presented by the prosecution. He walks free because the government of Pakistan does not want to blunt one of its most valued ringmasters of terror. The Americans are OK with that as long as they need transit rights in Pakistan for Afghanistan. The Americans have repeatedly expressed their frustration with Pakistan's policies encouraging terrorism, and if they had been 'OK with that', in your phrase, they would not have done so.
His issue has more to do with being the holder of dirty laundry. Hafiz Saeeds worth is NOT JuD or the proxy war folks.. its what he can divulge. They are not stupid, they took in their fair share of dirty secrets before joining this party. Even the US covered up its tracks with Noriega even after he was made public and you think a society like ours would even allow someone like HS or Dawood to spill any beans?

The Americans are OK with anything that suits them. Take ISIS
for e.g. It was ok for them to take on Assad and the Iranian bloc till they realized they are dealing with fire(as if previous examples did not teach them enough).

Why the surprise? If you look at every discussion after a terrorist attack in Pakistan over the years that you & I have been on this forum which has been claimed by some terrorist group or the other, it takes just a short period after the initial numbness & the anger to go back to the old bogey. I didn't much participate on this thread except to post a BBC article on a shoe photo and a reply to your post but I did think that it would be less that 12 odd hours before some here revert to type. That's exactly what has happened. Little wonder Pakistan has so much difficulty in fighting their enemy, they prefer to spend their time searching for their "true" enemy and making comments about retaliatory terrorism like the one line in the post that you reported. It's why they glorify Hafiz Saeed. They simply seem unable to appreciate that Indians can feel deep pain & anguish about this attack while still not being enamoured of the Pakistani State.

This attack was pretty horrifying to me personally & I'm sure it was to most Indians. I'm haunted by the video of an woman rushing about desperately to search (I assume) for her child, as I was by the man who had lost his nephew(s?) & was crying about the fact that it takes 20 years to raise a child & the terrorists didn't even take 20 minutes......

I had actually heard about the attack on the forum & when I did check the news, I had heard of about 13-14 deaths & there was reporting that the rest of the children had been rescued. I was then off the news grid for a while & when I again checked on the forum, I saw a figure of over 100 which is when I switched on the TV. It was a terrible, sickening feeling that was unexplainable, maybe the facts that kids were targeted deliberately somehow made this different from all the other equally horrifying attacks. I'm sure millions of Indians felt the same way, yet we are here arguing with guys who will believe that this was somehow India's doing. Attacking children in a school? Towards what aim? I rarely join issue with most of these guys because they simply are living in a state of altered reality. Nothing you or I say will have an impact.

Dear Bang Galore, Heaven knows that you and I have had our differences, and will continue to have our differences. But this post of yours, this heart-wringing and evocative piece of writing, exactly, precisely sums up my own feelings of shock and horror - I think even during the Bombay attacks, I was not equally appalled.

I am sad to think that you are probably right, and that there is only a handful of brave, free-thinking souls who will understand that our pain and grief, not yours and mine alone, but that of the vast majority of Indians, is from the heart. You are probably right - heck! in fact, you have already been proven to be right - in thinking that the bulk of hyper-patriots will revert to ascribing to us the same, subterfuge-laden, vindictive mind-set that has been deployed against us for years. There is probably little hope; I don't know why I continue, in the midst of a combination of filthy Hindutvavadi scumbags and totally mindless reactive boneheads matching them at least in venom and lack of balance.

I understand your suspicions. First of all you can't compare what happened in 1971 with today's circumstances. India and Pakistan were newly created countries back then. Pakistan was under army rule back then (incidentally every time we have gone on war, Pakistan was under army rule!).

Coming to Mukti - we backed them, just like you back Kashmiri separatist and (probably) RAW backs Baloch movement. But TTP is in a different league.

India was not sworn enemy of Mukti vahini or is not sworn enemy of Baloch people. But it is indeed one of the top priorities for TTP. That is PRECISELY the difference between Mukti and TTP.

In this game of strategic interests there are no permanent enemies neither friends. a small example is that in Balochistan Province of Pakistan the TTP terrorists joined hands with BLA terrorists to kill shia Pakistanis to spread terror although there is HUGE difference between their ideologies. India will use every little space to harm Pakistani interest and similarly Pakistan will do the same if get a chance to damage Indian interests.Mukti case was no different. The only difference now is that this time India is not directly involved.

“Their little ones (deceased children) are the little ones of Paradise. When one of them meets his father – or his parents (on the day of judgment) – he takes hold of his garment – or his hand – as I am taking told of the hem of your garment, and he does not let go until Allaah admits him and his father to Paradise.”
-The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
Narrated by Muslim, 2635

“When a person’s child dies, Allaah says to His angels, ‘You have taken the child of My slave.’ (The angels are in charge of taking the soul) They say, ‘Yes.’ He says, ‘You have taken the apple of his eye.’ They say, ‘Yes.’ He says, ‘What did My slave say?’ They say, ‘He praised you and said “Innaa lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji’oon (Verily to Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return).’

Allaah says, ‘Build for My slave a house in Paradise and call it the house of praise.’”

-The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
Narrated by Tirmidhi

@Horus I am shocked and deeply sadened by this inhume incident, may Allah (swt) rest their souls in enternal peace; Afghans are with you at this very depressing moment and we are ready to cooperate in hunting these pigs if they do exist in Afghanistan.

His issue has more to do with being the holder of dirty laundry. Hafiz Saeeds worth is NOT JuD or the proxy war folks.. its what he can divulge. They are not stupid, they took in their fair share of dirty secrets before joining this party. Even the US covered up its tracks with Noriega even after he was made public and you think a society like ours would even allow someone like HS or Dawood to spill any beans?

for e.g. It was ok for them to take on Assad and the Iranian bloc till they realized they are dealing with fire(as if previous examples did not teach them enough).

As usual, you supply balance and rationality. How you can keep your head and argue things through in a clinical manner baffles me, and leaves me envious.

I have to say that you and others like you are the only reasons I stay on in this forum, against increasing pressure to do other very necessary things.

B5Dqi9uCcAABVQB.jpg
Yar hum Pakistani qom har waqat apas may lartay rahtay hain likin in bachon nay jatay jatay qom ko unite kar deya. :'(

Yeah....you are right.

No confusion about that term.

Every freedom fighter is a terrorist too, right?

I guess you are man enough to say that to McCain and his likes in the US that are arming Syrian rebels as we speak?

Or how about India announcing moratorium on foreign weapons procurement especially from the countries that are funding terrorists?

Yes, to the first. No to the second; we need those weapons until our own technology develops sufficiently.

In this game of strategic interests there are no permanent enemies neither friends. a small example is that in Balochistan Province of Pakistan the TTP terrorists joined hands with BLA terrorists to kill shia Pakistanis to spread terror although there is HUGE difference between their ideologies. India will use every little space to harm Pakistani interest and similarly Pakistan will do the same if get a chance to damage Indian interests.Mukti case was no different. The only difference now is that this time India is not directly involved.

I hope you are wrong (and will be disappointed with RAW if you stand correct about them supporting TTP).

Let's just stop this discussion and pay tribute to our little children.

I am sad to think that you are probably right, and that there is only a handful of brave, free-thinking souls who will understand that our pain and grief, not yours and mine alone, but that of the vast majority of Indians, is from the heart. You are probably right - heck! in fact, you have already been proven to be right - in thinking that the bulk of hyper-patriots will revert to ascribing to us the same, subterfuge-laden, vindictive mind-set that has been deployed against us for years. There is probably little hope; I don't know why I continue, in the midst of a combination of filthy Hindutvavadi scumbags and totally mindless reactive boneheads matching them at least in venom and lack of balance.

As I referred to another Indian member elsewhere, getting an opinion about "Indians" from online discussions is equivalent to forming an opinion on Chinese food from a roadside restaurant. You will be convinced that all Chinese food or rather most Chinese food tastes like a mixture of Maggi noodles with ketchup and masala.

Which is why this forum is, and will remain a testing ground for the guinea pigs that inhabit it for social ideas. What is a gauge from it is how much of this is true for both PDF and all other social media.

“The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.”
Eric Schmidt

I hope you are wrong (and will be disappointed with RAW if you stand correct about them supporting TTP).

Let's just stop this discussion and pay tribute to our little children.

I agree wholeheartedly with you, Varun

Sure that's why Pakistan wasnt been a member of UN?
& bhadur shah Zafar was an Indian along with Babur ? Funny !

Yes, that's why Pakistan had to apply de novo for membership, instead of getting it automatically. Look it up; if you find it difficult, I can post the URLs to you.

And Bahadur Shah Zafar was obviously Indian. What did you think he was? Hottentot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom