What's new

Peshawar Airport under attack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Areesh

What's the total count of terrorist that attacked ? The amount of explosive seems quite large.

11 confirmed attackers. 10 killed. 1 arrested. Fortunately none of the terrorist succeeded in entering the airport. All were killed outside the airport. So no damage to any civilian/military aircraft.

Last edited by a moderator:
TTP exist because Pakistan Army has failed to eliminate them in the earlier stages of the WoT and has failed to secure the Pakistan-Afghanistan border (which admittedly is a difficult border to defend). As for TTP recruitment clearly there are some volunteers particularly in the Pathan community which is a source of headache for the nation. Government needs to do a public service effort in that area to halt TTP recruitment.

that is yet another valid point of putting it.

not just Pakistan army failed but also its military intelligence wing (MI, ISI etc) also failed to cripple it
Pakistan army also failed to get a unanimous and unqualified support from the people of Pakistan as well. like I said earlier a considerable number of Pakistanis who are openly sympathetic to Sectarian terrorists & Taliban ideology call Pakistan army naPak army & heretics such people live in setteled parts of Pakistan are well off and have access to the internet & upload tribute videos for organisations like Sipah Sahabah, TTP and Ghazi brigade (militant group formed after the lal masjid operation)

my respected brother, I would avoid labeling the Pashton ethnicity as the source of TTP recruitment pool. trust me it has a sizable punjabi element. what we know as Punjabi taliban are mainly Punjabi deobandi terrorist groups like Sipah Sahabah & Lashker Jhangvi, in Balochistan they also have staunch supporters. the killers of Baloch Hazara dont necessarily come from other parts of the country. there are many locals who would want the hazara dead. I am not being politically correct but I believe putting a pashton tag on TTP is ill-informed and over simplifying it. there are countless Pashton people who stood up to Taliban and sacrified their lives they include teachers, medical professionals, students, mosque imams and more.

the cross border movement of taliban is yet another issue and a combined failure of ISAF & Pak military given the limited resources and terrain issue although both sides blame each other but both bear the consequences due to failure of containment of taliban movement.

Gentlemen, troubling times as they are, it's also proving a blessing in disguise for our security forces to answer the call of duty and polish up their skills....while we congratulate all those who were involved in this successful operation, our thoughts are with those who have lost their loved ones and those lying injured in hospitals.!!

I think these sorts of organized attacks increasing over time.... we have to look into matters very very seriously.... because the country is starting to face existential threat, I think the top brass of the forces must pressurize the politicians... or if necessary remove them.... and create one point agenda against flushing these elements from the country....

close the border along Afghanistan and such things will be very reduced, things do work if we have will for it.

[video]<object><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/522806397738976"></param><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/522806397738976" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1"></embed></object>[/video]
this offtopic but dedicate to army and airforce who participate Peshawar ops

So any response from PA? Or are they still sitting doing nothing waiting for the next attack?

Terrorists were foreign nationals: ISPR

RAWALPINDI: According to the ISPR, the five terrorists killed during the Pawakai operation in Peshawar were foreign nationals.

In a statement, the ISPR said the operation which was conducted by the army and police had been completed. Five terrorists and a security personal were killed during the operation.

According to security sources, the terrorists were Uzbek nationals.

Terrorists were foreign nationals: ISPR

RAWALPINDI: According to the ISPR, the five terrorists killed during the Pawakai operation in Peshawar were foreign nationals.

In a statement, the ISPR said the operation which was conducted by the army and police had been completed. Five terrorists and a security personal were killed during the operation.

According to security sources, the terrorists were Uzbek nationals.

Support , we need to nail down who is supporting these

Last Month ...a CIA operative was caught at same airport trying to carry weapons probbly a soft check to test out
security at the airport and then these scumb bags carried out the real attack

The CIA carried out the soft drill to check what kind of weapons can the airport can detect and stop
I smell a dirty rat from USA financing the terrorist

Police free US man detained at Peshawar airport | DAWN.COM

read few earlier post. and you will get your answer between lines.

this is not joke....accept reality and facts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom